Author Topic: [s7800b]Seriously impressed with the battery life  (Read 4580 times)

acid (OP)

[s7800b]Seriously impressed with the battery life
« on: November 27, 2013, 12:32:32 am »
I've just finished playing Resident Evil 3 for almost 3 hours straight. I unplugged it from the charger this morning at around 8 am. It's now after midnight and after that 3 hour play session it still has 40% battery. I wonder how accurate that is though.

Btw,  PCSX ReArmed is amazing.  ;)

MikeD

Re: [s7800b]Seriously impressed with the battery life
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 01:11:23 am »
That would be less than 6 hours of battery life, assuming the percentage is accurate, not impressed.  8)

;)

failrunner

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 01:46:55 am »
That seems awful.
This is my deep signature. Thank you.

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 02:12:44 am »
I think the battery guage is really inaccurate at least on mine.

I updated ot 1.14 and so far it seems MORE accurate but still not trustworhty.. ex: it drops from 100% to 90% doing not much of anythign within about 15mins of removing it from charger.

Mine seems to get stuck around 78% for a long time and then it drops much faster after it moves past about 70%, but not as fast as the 100-80% drop

I've not sat down and played a whole battery worth but I'd be surprised if I got a full 6 hours out of it In use.

Im still tweaking my governors with CPU tuner trying to get a good blend of performance and battery.
If you get to tight you'll end up with jerkiness in game play, to loose and you end up spending more battery then you need.

I also setup a idle governor, When ever the screen is off it drops to 1 core active 312-504mhz
below 60% I drop to 2 cores
below 30% drop to 1 core.

Thinking about dropping to 2 cores anytime on battery since most apps can't make use of more then 2 anyway.
If I had my choice I'd go for 2 fast cores at say 2.5gz instead of 4 @ 1.6

Zaking

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 02:28:22 am »
That's actually pretty good for a psx game.  :)

acid (OP)

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 07:25:49 am »
Yeah, I really don't get the first two replies. I still haven't charged it, which means it's been on for almost 24 hours and out of those almost 4 of gaming time. And still showing 40%. How is that awful, and how do you count 6 hours from 8am to midnight, lol...

Joe Sixpack

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 07:34:06 am »
acid you have trouble with your gauge getting stuck at 78% for hours at a time?

That's where the majority of my battery gauge sits..

wondering if it's just mine.. I can't trust my battery gauge.
I've also noticed If i reboot the battery level will change usulaly.. sometimes a few % (sometimes lower sometimes higher) but hte point being it seems to be an almost random number pulled out of thin air.

Not consistent at all outside of liking to level off at 78% during discharge.

acid (OP)

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 07:48:33 am »
acid you have trouble with your gauge getting stuck at 78% for hours at a time?

That's where the majority of my battery gauge sits..

wondering if it's just mine.. I can't trust my battery gauge.
I've also noticed If i reboot the battery level will change usulaly.. sometimes a few % (sometimes lower sometimes higher) but hte point being it seems to be an almost random number pulled out of thin air.

Not consistent at all outside of liking to level off at 78% during discharge.

Mine definitely used to do that on 1.0.9. Haven't tested with the new firmware though.

jhffmn

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 05:35:25 pm »
Looks good to me.  Over 6 hours of CPU intensive use means it should provide 8-9 hours of standard use.  And it retains it's charge in sleep mode?  Yes please!

Looks like this device finally offers a fair mix of performance, battery life, real analog sticks not sliders, and a decent screen.  If a few of the kinks can be ironed out with a custom rom this looks like the next device for me.  Geekgoo is offering them for 169 with free DHL.  Any site beat that?

Bufufighter

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 11:20:08 pm »
Compared to my previous devices of this kind it is indeed impressive.

my first device s7100   i don't remember the battery exactly but it was not to good  about 2 hours of play i think ...

the second a archos gamepad (first one) OMG about half an hour of power on a mobile device  .... what were they thinking ?  (mine may have been defective ... i  don't think that even archos would have that low standards)

the third was S7300 with about 1,5 to 3 hours depending on what i play.

i never took my time to look how long i play but with the S7300 i made it to school and back so about 45 min to go there and 45 back and usually was about the last 15  - dead  when getting home.

WIth the S7800 i could go 3 days without charging (i still do charge every day just in case ... don't want to be in train without entertainment ^^) 

Also it seems like the Rk3188 has a proper sleep mode with no battery drain. 

Post a new topic
Post a new topic