Author Topic: [JXD S7800b] Message Willgoo about firmware updates  (Read 1910 times)

stpat (OP)

[JXD S7800b] Message Willgoo about firmware updates
« on: January 14, 2014, 07:28:04 pm »
I just sent Willgoo a PM asking if there are any future firmware updates coming down the pipe. A while back Willgoo asked forum users for feedback on the S7800B to be forwarded to JXD:

http://boards.dingoonity.org/jxd-devices/we-need-your-feedback-on-jxd-s7800b-for-better-improved/

That was November. It's January now, and both Willgoo and JXD have pretty much gone silent, with none of the bugs users reported in Willgoo's thread having been fixed (well, some have been fixed by Tan, but that's not the point and JXD shouldn't be let off the hook).

Willgoo asked for feedback to provide to the manufacturer, I think he should follow up and keep us informed.

I encourage everyone to message Willgoo to let him know we're all still waiting for fixes.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 04:49:07 pm by stpat »

skelton

Re: [JXD S7800b] Message Willgoo about firmware updates
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 05:53:30 pm »
As far as I know JXD won't update 7800 anytime soon (unless thay hurry too much in these coming days). I can't explain more (sorry for that), but it's the info I have.
Retired

stpat (OP)

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 06:01:02 pm »
As far as I know JXD won't update 7800 anytime soon (unless thay hurry too much in these coming days). I can't explain more (sorry for that), but it's the info I have.

Well, that's disappointing news, but I appreciate the update. Thankfully the firmware works pretty well (no real crippling problems), but it would still be nice to see some continuing support.

Willgoo seems to be purely focused on promoting the 5800 rather than supporting their S7800 customers. Not surprising, but I'd hoped for more.

skelton

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 06:06:57 pm »

It's a not a Willgoo problem, which is just a seller. Updates should come from JXD, and JXD is probably the one focusing on 5800. For instance, 5110b is only some months old, and there won't be more updates by JXD :(

PM if you want more info.
Retired

Post a new topic