• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Wolfenstein 3D and Doom on PG2???  (Read 879 times)

gamer87 (OP)

Wolfenstein 3D and Doom on PG2???
« on: December 07, 2020, 10:31:47 am »
What should I do to play Wolfenstein 3D and Doom on PG2???

lemmywinks

Re: Wolfenstein 3D and Doom on PG2???
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 09:44:36 pm »
Prboom+ works for Doom:
https://github.com/Ninoh-FOX/PrBoom-plus-for-RG350/releases

Put the WADs wherever you like and press select over the app icon to configure the directory to launch them from.

For Wolfenstein you could try ECWolf:
https://github.com/retrogamehandheld/OpenDingux/blob/master/Games%20%26%20Ports/ECWolf.opk
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 09:48:10 pm by lemmywinks »
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

gamer87 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 11:27:40 am »
What are these files? how to install this on Pocketgo2 Rogue? I would like to play Wolfenstein 3D full and Doom full

lemmywinks

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2020, 03:33:18 pm »
The OPK files are the ported game code and are free to distribute, these are the files that the Pocketgo2 recognises as games/apps. The WAD (Doom) and WL6/SOD files (Wolfenstein 3D) are commercial game data which contain all the assets which are not free, you need to get them from your original disk, Steam, GoG version etc.

The OPK files go in the app folder either on the SD card or on the internal storage (media/sdcard/apps), doesn't matter which as OpenDingux will see them either way and the icon will appear in the Games section. You can move files around on the console using Dingux Commander.

Not sure about Wolfenstein but with Doom you can put the game data (WAD files) where you want (I have mine in a Doom folder on the SD card) and point the game to them by pressing select over the game icon, clicking EDIT PrBoom+ and configuring the selector directory to /media/sdcard/Doom for example, this means the game will know where to look for them. You can put all your Doom games (Doom II, Plutonia etc) in the same folder and select them when you launch the game.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....