Author Topic: Weird behaviour of Coolboy RS-97  (Read 379 times)

jayp76 (OP)

Weird behaviour of Coolboy RS-97
« on: March 13, 2018, 07:19:41 pm »
I hope someone can help or has proper information.
I bought this device of amazon.
The device boots only into the software when i plugin usb cable, although battery is charged.
Whne i only plu in the battery, the LED is instant on, a "blinking" battery icon is on the display, and it does not boot into the os. I also tried the opnedingux port. When i use the usb cable method to boot up, opendingux boots up fine and i can game. when i shut down the device via the menu and want to start via power button, only the "blinking" battery is shown again. This is frustrating. I also encountered the the button for the display light is mushy. When i opened up the device is saw the the button is broken, but still working. I can live with the latter problem.
Does anyone else encounterd this power up problem?

ADY

Re: Weird behaviour of Coolboy RS-97
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 07:26:53 pm »
When I got mine it would not boot up, I just got the battery icon. This is before any hacks were out. I charged it all day and it just started working. Never had that problem again. Can't tell you why. My advice, leave on the charger for a while.

Elnef

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 07:29:16 pm »
I have now the same issues after I select the reset option in menu in Opendingux 1.2. Previously it had been working correctly.

VanZan

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 09:45:16 pm »
I wonder would the cause be the rather terrible battery these units ship with?

Elnef

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 10:32:45 pm »
I have now the same issues after I select the reset option in menu in Opendingux 1.2. Previously it had been working correctly.

It has been fixed charging at 100% the battery.

jayp76 (OP)

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 05:52:33 pm »
@ADY
thx for the advice.

The device is working now. i susppect that the opendingux showed the last battery stats stored in the image of the opendingux porter/developer, so i was mislead that the battery was full. I was stumpped for a moment, but now i am glad that all is fine. Very glad using opendingux. The emulators are awesome. Better than the shipped software.

sizzlebox

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 10:08:06 pm »
the blinking battery is a sign of a battery with 0% charge. mine did this when i first received it. After letting it charge for an hour or so it worked.

Post a new topic