Author Topic: UselessRS97 - Custom Firmware for the RS97  (Read 59199 times)

Bobblun747j

Re: UselessRS97 - Custom Firmware for the RS97
« Reply #620 on: November 11, 2018, 03:43:05 am »
also,looks like dingux msx are missing some  mappers
r type and xevious cannot be played

Somostelnholme

« Reply #621 on: November 11, 2018, 05:49:51 pm »
hi,

There is a new revision v3, the image for version 2.1 does not work for me.

attached photo of the motherboard

Yeah, one of those showed up in the discord, too. Go ahead and make a backup of the internal card if you haven?t already done so. Hopefully, there will be a version for 3.0 devices soon.

That's exactly what happened to me

bitrider

« Reply #622 on: November 12, 2018, 09:06:53 pm »
SRB2 up and running.... I'll release it in a few days

HercTNT

« Reply #623 on: November 12, 2018, 09:10:51 pm »
SRB2 up and running.... I'll release it in a few days

Oustanding, thank you! so much new and fixed content coming out i feel like christmas came early. amazing job.

Brainscan

« Reply #624 on: November 13, 2018, 01:30:56 am »
Hi guys, the feeling with RS-97 is unique, I took the new 2018 white version, I wondered what software version to install for a good performance possibly via the external sd card without removing the whole device (as in video) thanks for the attention, and a super thanks to those who always try to improve the software of this stupendous devise! <3

https://youtu.be/Nox84psyGKc

Lavey

« Reply #626 on: December 01, 2018, 04:34:55 pm »
Hello everyone, I just purchased a retroarcade 2.1 16 GB capacity, and I installed the custom firmware and when connecting it to the PC, it tells me that this device does not support USB Mount, is there any way to put roms in the internal SD?

P.D. Sorry for my bad english, im spanish  :'(

jutley

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #627 on: December 01, 2018, 06:28:56 pm »
Use the custom kernel firmware for your device my friend

02k0

« Reply #628 on: December 08, 2018, 03:41:24 pm »
Hello friends. I'm extremely desperate. My younger brother erased some files using the RS-97 Commander. Now it does not leave the bootscreen screen. Is it not possible to revive? An unbricker kit?

https://youtu.be/tSZh8ycb8Hc

Enviado de meu Moto G (4) usando o Tapatalk

Cralex

UselessRS97 - Custom Firmware for the RS97
« Reply #629 on: December 08, 2018, 04:10:29 pm »
Hello friends. I'm extremely desperate. My younger brother erased some files using the RS-97 Commander. Now it does not leave the bootscreen screen. Is it not possible to revive? An unbricker kit?

You should be able to insert your SD card with Useless installed into a computer, backup anything you want to save, and write CFW back to the card. Most save files are stored in the folders that begin with a period (.gpsp for example) so be sure to grab those. That should make it boot again just fine.

If you think your brother erased a ROM or save file that you want to backup, you could also place the microSD card into a full-size SD card adaptor with the write switch on the side of the card set to locked. Then, scan the card with some file recovery software.

Edit: Perhaps he erased gmenu on your unit, which is used to load the menu. With the SD card in the computer, check apps/gmenu2x/ It contains three folders and nine files on mine. Simply replacing gmenu if it?s missing might be enough to make it boot.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 04:23:03 pm by Cralex »

02k0

« Reply #630 on: December 08, 2018, 10:15:54 pm »

You should be able to insert your SD card with Useless installed into a computer, backup anything you want to save, and write CFW back to the card. Most save files are stored in the folders that begin with a period (.gpsp for example) so be sure to grab those. That should make it boot again just fine.

If you think your brother erased a ROM or save file that you want to backup, you could also place the microSD card into a full-size SD card adaptor with the write switch on the side of the card set to locked. Then, scan the card with some file recovery software.

Edit: Perhaps he erased gmenu on your unit, which is used to load the menu. With the SD card in the computer, check apps/gmenu2x/ It contains three folders and nine files on mine. Simply replacing gmenu if it?s missing might be enough to make it boot.
Thank you very much. I will reflash the MicroSD Card.

02k0

« Reply #631 on: December 09, 2018, 04:29:27 am »
OK. Everything worked. The problem now is that my computer no longer recognizes the RS-97.

Tasete

« Reply #632 on: December 14, 2018, 11:52:44 am »
Hi guys,

I have a retro game 2.1 and don't work picodrive when picodrive run a .smd archive the screen goes black and does not change. Any solution?

Sorry for my english basic and thanx.

Manofaction89

« Reply #633 on: December 15, 2018, 02:35:51 pm »
A little bit of off-topic:

Does anyone know why the RS-97 and other Coolbaby consoles got rebranded under some brand bame called Soulja Boy?
I just heard about it and im confused. Also, where do I get one, thanks.

Cralex

« Reply #634 on: December 15, 2018, 03:13:54 pm »
A little bit of off-topic:

Does anyone know why the RS-97 and other Coolbaby consoles got rebranded under some brand bame called Soulja Boy?
I just heard about it and im confused. Also, where do I get one, thanks.

Souljaboy is doing something called dropshipping. Basically, he charges whatever he wants (4-5 times what the device is actually worth, in this case) and just forwards any orders that he gets to AliExpress, making a huge profit in the process. He never touches the actual units, so they don?t have his brand on them or anything. Just an empty use of his ?good name? to make a quick buck.

You can visit AliExpress yourself if you want one without getting ripped off. Just shop around and find one with good ratings/reviews to make sure the seller is doing a good job. You could also get one from Amazon if you want it faster, with only a small up-charge.

jutley

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #635 on: December 15, 2018, 04:48:33 pm »
It makes me laugh its us dev's and helpers along with the community that make the device worth buying yet you got people like this cashing in on our hard work,

Manofaction89

« Reply #636 on: December 15, 2018, 04:50:22 pm »
The worst part is that I see the Soulja Boy is more popular than the actual original consoles.

ace9094

« Reply #637 on: December 15, 2018, 09:17:07 pm »
The worst part is that I see the Soulja Boy is more popular than the actual original consoles.

The thing about the "retro" market is awareness of products. I have had some products pass me by without even knowing they are exist... I stumbled across the dingoo A320 by chance. I backed GCW Zero on kick and it was all for the love of Arcade Games that I loved as a kid.

I hate these ripoff pop up companies and sellers who cash in... I can only applaud the Devs and people who do it for the love of gaming and not for a quick buck...
Dingoo x2, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, PSP Go, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

HercTNT

« Reply #638 on: December 16, 2018, 12:24:50 am »
Bitrider, hope all is well with you. Any updates my friend?