Author Topic: UselessRS97 - Custom Firmware for the RS97  (Read 34129 times)

bitrider

Re: UselessRS97 - Custom Firmware for the RS97
« Reply #511 on: October 10, 2018, 02:04:54 pm »
@Gameblaba, in order to fix OpenJazz is necessary to patch SDL to force SDL_GetVideoMode( ) to always return 16bit as bpp. Everything else will be smoother from there on.

I've it mostly working with static linking.

HercTNT

« Reply #512 on: October 10, 2018, 04:10:23 pm »
@Gameblaba, in order to fix OpenJazz is necessary to patch SDL to force SDL_GetVideoMode( ) to always return 16bit as bpp. Everything else will be smoother from there on.

I've it mostly working with static linking.

outstanding news. thank you!

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #513 on: October 11, 2018, 10:32:50 am »
Alright guys, just saying that i've managed to have a working GPSP on 1.0S hardware... kinda.
You can only get a slot because using something as primitive as a printf can make it crash... but it's better than nothing i suppose. (not you, Mighty No9)
I also took the time to port it to the arcade mini (was straight forward actually...), so it will work there too.

That means i can finally start to put firmware 1.4 together. Btw, the newer firmware will also support the newer 2.1 revisions.
That's all

Now if the new DOSBOX fixes the bug with settings and someone or I manage to fix OpenJazz that would be great...

Parallax71

« Reply #514 on: October 11, 2018, 03:32:03 pm »
Alright guys, just saying that i've managed to have a working GPSP on 1.0S hardware... kinda.
You can only get a slot because using something as primitive as a printf can make it crash... but it's better than nothing i suppose. (not you, Mighty No9)
I also took the time to port it to the arcade mini (was straight forward actually...), so it will work there too.

That means i can finally start to put firmware 1.4 together. Btw, the newer firmware will also support the newer 2.1 revisions.
That's all

Now if the new DOSBOX fixes the bug with settings and someone or I manage to fix OpenJazz that would be great...

fantastic !, then ... what things will bring the next update 1.4 ?, Could you advance something ?. I have the 1.0_S but in the mame4all there are barely 4 video games, in gpSP there are many that do not go either and the console is blocked, that's why I really want the 1.4  :)  :)

bitrider

« Reply #515 on: October 11, 2018, 04:55:30 pm »
Well it's time to release:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vK909dNwZ5wBkBC22IQYQDvSYzzqNWZA

Unzip it under [your sd root]/games/

Add your Jazz Jack Rabbit files there

Then play and enjoy !

Modplug, ZLib and SDL statically linked

HercTNT

« Reply #516 on: October 11, 2018, 08:54:44 pm »
Well it's time to release:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vK909dNwZ5wBkBC22IQYQDvSYzzqNWZA

Unzip it under [your sd root]/games/

Add your Jazz Jack Rabbit files there

Then play and enjoy !

Modplug, ZLib and SDL statically linked

WOOOT!! Song shall be sung of you around campfires for ages! works great. Only thing I want to point out is on my machine, when exciting JJ, It goes to black screen and I have to reboot. Otherwise, works swanky!!

Particello

« Reply #517 on: October 12, 2018, 04:09:02 pm »
Craylex, how did you get gpsp to work for you?, i put a biosin the emulator folder, it says launching, then just takes me back out to the menu

It needs to be called gba_bios.bin and placed in /mnt/int_sd/emus/gpsp/

gpSP is working if i put bios there... Do you have info regarding ReGBA too? If I start a ROM with ReGBA, the screen goes black. Revision 1.0S here...

Thank you very much!

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #518 on: October 12, 2018, 06:00:46 pm »
Alright, just saying that i've managed to speed up FBA-A320 considerably, in addition to fixing TV out support as well. (still not as good as the arcade mini version though but oh well)
Since i got a backup of the new 2.1 units, Useless-RS97 will also support those.
Anyway, i'm pretty close. It should be ready in two days or so.

gpSP is working if i put bios there... Do you have info regarding ReGBA too? If I start a ROM with ReGBA, the screen goes black. Revision 1.0S here...
Thank you very much!
gpsp works but triggering the menu crashes it. (fixed with a new menu for next firmware update)
Don't expect reGBA to work on 1.0S hardware however : turns out the recompiler is what makes it crash... I have no experience with debugging asm code so no luck here. It will be removed on 1.0S firmware images. (not the new 2.1 units yet, maybe reGBA works on it)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 06:21:34 pm by gameblabla »

ace9094

• Coinopsproject: Something for Everyone
« Reply #519 on: October 13, 2018, 01:16:20 am »

Anyway, i'm pretty close. It should be ready in two days or so.

Great News... Well done !!
Emulation of the past is the way of the future...
CoinOPS 6: Emulation without the hassle

Dingoo The Best Handheld in the world - Why....  Because it actually fits in your pocket

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #520 on: October 13, 2018, 11:03:34 am »
I have released firmware 1.4  for all known revisions, including the new 2.1 units with a JZ4760B processor.
What's new ? Well compared to last firmware releases, mostly minor fixes and performances improvements !

Firmware for 1.0S units now have a fixed version of GPSP. You can load/save one save state, and exit it properly. The menu is fairly basic right now for those units but will get improved. Because i got no reports whenever it works on 2.1 JZ4760B units, those still use the older regba & gpsp binaries.

Picodrive got much faster, thanks to A600, and it even got faster than that with PGO. It should be able to play most Megadrive & Sega CD games at good speed. (Well except for 32X and Virtua Racing for the Megadrive...)

PocketSNES also got much faster thanks to PGO. While it's not silky smooth for some games, it's definitely better than before.

FBA-A320 no longer uses the crappy GUI that wasn't workin and instead uses GmenuNx's file browser. It's also much faster for CPS-1 games thanks to PGO.

Wizznic & OpenJazz finally got fixed, thanks bitrider !

GMU was also compiled for the RS-97, again thanks bitrider ! Note that if you have any issues with it, you can still use FFPlay.

Ohboy & Gambatte both got fixed TV Out, and maybe some minor speed improvements. No other changes.

Cavestory should run smoothly now. CW & TW versions were removed for the time being due to time contraints. Might get re-added later via SPs.

Oswan should be fixed over TV out now, in addition to being maybe a hair faster. Also, save location got changed.

Older firmwa releases might get a service pack.

EDIT: Fuuck, i noticed a last minute mistake. GmenuNx's text have changed but not the buttons themselves. I'll issue a minor fix for that.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 11:08:03 am by gameblabla »

Parallax71

« Reply #521 on: October 13, 2018, 11:21:10 am »

Hello, first of all I wanted to thank for this new 1.4 but I have encountered numerous problems that were not in the previous version 1.3

I have version 1.0_S

- chocolate-doom no longer works, although I have the files "wad" in a folder without spaces no longer loaded or doom1, doom2, tnt or plutonia, with version 1.3 if it did.

- The "power" button does not work, I can not turn off the console anymore, the button on the screen light does not work either.

- To turn off the console it is necessary to go to "Power Menu" and turn off from there, but it only works to turn off by pressing "A" or restart by pressing "R", the "B" button that is cancel does not work.

- The battery indication is also not shown correctly, it can show you that it is 100% but after 5 minutes it turns off and needs to be charged because it was not 100% charged at all.

- The "A" and "B" buttons are changed in the menu, it sets "A" to cancel and "B" to accept when it is backwards.

- The FBA-320 emulator does not work.

:(  :( 
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 03:16:58 pm by Parallax71 »

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #522 on: October 13, 2018, 04:15:31 pm »
- chocolate-doom no longer works, although I have the files "wad" in a folder without spaces no longer loaded or doom1, doom2, tnt or plutonia, with version 1.3 if it did.
Hmm strange, it worked for me. I'll take another look at it.

- The "power" button does not work, I can not turn off the console anymore, the button on the screen light does not work either.

- To turn off the console it is necessary to go to "Power Menu" and turn off from there, but it only works to turn off by pressing "A" or restart by pressing "R", the "B" button that is cancel does not work.
Yeah i think that there are some issues with the gmenuNx input file... so i'll probably

The battery indication is also not shown correctly, it can show you that it is 100% but after 5 minutes it turns off and needs to be charged because it was not 100% charged at all.
You need to let it run for a couple more time so it draws a profile from your battery. There's no reliable to get battery info on the RS-97 other than that. The first few times will be inaccurate.

- The "A" and "B" buttons are changed in the menu, it sets "A" to cancel and "B" to accept when it is backwards.
Yeah i changed it so it's less confusing in the file browser but it seems to create other issues too... So i guess i'll revert those.

- The FBA-320 emulator does not work.
It worked for me with Final Fight (World). Note that the rom must be compatible with FBA's older romset.
Did it work before with A320 ?

Anyway, removing the download links until i can tweak it again. If there are other things to fix, let me know.

bitrider

« Reply #523 on: October 13, 2018, 04:40:16 pm »
Uups, I've noticed I'm late. I've not too many time to spend on this... sorry for not answering as fast I should.

I've uploaded OpenJazz (including SDL Patch) and GMU sources to my GitHub.

I'll be glad to help you build GMU.

www123

« Reply #524 on: October 13, 2018, 05:07:39 pm »
Thanks gameblabla 's great work.
I am from China. I can not visit Google net driver.Please can you upload firmware to other net drive like pan.baidu.com .