Author Topic: UselessRS97 - Custom Firmware for the RS97  (Read 10122 times)

gameblabla (OP)

Re: UselessRS97 - Internal firmware for the RS97
« Reply #195 on: August 12, 2018, 04:46:15 pm »
What is the status of FMV games or games from 1997?
They probably won't run very well. I would only try 286/386 games at best on the RS-97.
Duke Nukem I runs smoothly on it but that's hardly expensive CPU-wise.

Manofaction89

« Reply #196 on: August 12, 2018, 04:54:05 pm »
Ill just stick to the older one but thanks for the update.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #197 on: August 13, 2018, 12:54:47 am »
Uuuggh so yeah i had found some last minute bugs.
- SMS Plus GX could not load zipped roms, this is fixed.
- Forgot to update reGBA to latest upstream version. Now fixed.
- I also did not properly updated dingux-msx. This is also now fixed.

Enjoy

contra

« Reply #198 on: August 13, 2018, 04:00:30 am »
Uuuggh so yeah i had found some last minute bugs.
Enjoy
Hey, this is awesome!  Thank you very much for the update!

odjinan

« Reply #199 on: August 13, 2018, 06:14:07 am »
1.3 on its way? ;)

elrichard

« Reply #200 on: August 13, 2018, 10:29:35 am »
Will check the update later today, thanks a lot for the amazing support and goodies!

I still did not manage to write the docs I intend to, too much work. But I will try to deliver something this week :)

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #201 on: August 13, 2018, 03:26:37 pm »
So yeah i forgot to properly update dingux-msx again. Now it should work...
I've released service pack 9.11 just for that.

1.3 on its way? ;)
Yeah, for the most part, it will just be 1.2 with all the applied service packs + External image.

I still did not manage to write the docs I intend to, too much work. But I will try to deliver something this week :)
More doc would be appreciated but most people don't even bother to read the FAQ or my instructions. But good luck anyway

elrichard

« Reply #202 on: August 13, 2018, 07:46:59 pm »
More doc would be appreciated but most people don't even bother to read the FAQ or my instructions. But good luck anyway

At least you have something to point at... and I work in Support, so if people read the instructions I would be out of a job :P

Soul_Est

« Reply #203 on: August 13, 2018, 08:04:43 pm »

At least you have something to point at... and I work in Support, so if people read the instructions I would be out of a job
Not necessarily. It depends on the communication level of the instructions and the comprehension level of the reader. Still need support jobs.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

sere83

« Reply #204 on: August 13, 2018, 09:17:27 pm »
Hey I just flashed this, amazing work! Shocked how good these systems run...

Have a couple of issues though. I cant seem to find the capcom cps2 emulator, has it been removed?

Also i'm getting random freezing in pocketsnes and picodrive, then i have to take the battery out. Any ideas?

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #205 on: August 13, 2018, 09:26:04 pm »
Have a couple of issues though. I cant seem to find the capcom cps2 emulator, has it been removed?
Yeah, FBA replaces it now. Use FBA instead for your CPS1/CPS2 Games.

Also i'm getting random freezing in pocketsnes and picodrive, then i have to take the battery out. Any ideas?
It seems that PocketSNES freezes in the menu the first time you use it. Then it stops doing that after you reboot...
Still no idea how to fix it :<
Picodrive should definitely not freeze though. When does it freeze ?

sere83

« Reply #206 on: August 13, 2018, 09:49:07 pm »
Yeah, FBA replaces it now. Use FBA instead for your CPS1/CPS2 Games.

It seems that PocketSNES freezes in the menu the first time you use it. Then it stops doing that after you reboot...
Still no idea how to fix it :<
Picodrive should definitely not freeze though. When does it freeze ?

Ahh ok but how do you load a rom from external SD to final burn Alpha? All i see is a load of dead links to roms

Pico drive works fine now, think pocketsnes may have calmed down too. Will further test.

I actually have 2 RS-97 units here which i flashed and one is flickering in ohboy emulator and one is not, any ideas?

Also how do you view the external sd card when device is plugged into computer? All i see is charge or view internal storage

Still shocked how amazing this is, the emulation is so much better than the normal firwmware its night and day. Amazing work

« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 10:49:32 pm by sere83 »

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #207 on: August 13, 2018, 10:52:03 pm »
Ahh ok but how do you load a rom from external SD to final burn Alpha? All i see is a load of dead links to roms
You need to set a rom path first. When booting it up, press Start, go to ROMs Paths and press [A] on Rom path 1.
Select your directory where your arcade roms are. Then press B and go to Filter Settings.
Set Show Roms to Available Only.
Then Press B twice and Select twice again to exit.
Now, boot up FBA again and your games should appear and work.
You only need to do this once.

Also how do you view the external sd card when device is plugged into computer? All i see is charge or view internal storage
I would advise due to file corruptions that you use an external sd card reader rather than the USB mounting if possible.
For USB mounting, plug the USB cable and reboot/boot it. Then it should ask you if you want to mount it.

sere83

« Reply #208 on: August 13, 2018, 10:56:15 pm »
Thanks alot...

Any ideas about the flickering in in oh boy emulator?

Also my other rs97 unit will not load any games in pocksnes and gpsp (w/bios) either, just jumps out when you try and load. Any ideas?

With the cps2 roms, do they need to be from a specific rom pack or any cps2 roms will work? I followed you instructions and directed to the ext folder with some zips, but they seem not to be showing
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 11:21:28 pm by sere83 »

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #209 on: August 13, 2018, 11:25:57 pm »
Any ideas about the flickering in in oh boy emulator?
It doesn't for me ? Are you using it over TV-OUT ? I can look at it later but try Gambatte in the meantime.

Also my other rs97 unit will not load any games in pocksnes and gpsp (w/bios) either, just jumps out when you try and load. Any ideas?
It could be several things such as PocketSNES and GPSP being corrupt or the roms themselves being corrupt. It's also possible that you just applied the Service pack over USB and did not reboot the console yet. It's hard to say what is causing this.
Btw for GBA, use reGBA. GPSP is only there for cheats but i'm considering removing it in the future because it is crap and only creates confusion.

With the cps2 roms, do they need to be from a specific rom pack or any cps2 roms will work? I followed you instructions and directed to the ext folder with some zips, but they seem not to be showing
Yes, FBA is only compatible with MAME 0.158 romsets. Also, don't change the filenames. (should be ffight.zip for example)
Then try again.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 11:40:53 pm by gameblabla »

Post a new topic