Alright guys, it took a while but i hope you'll like the new Service pack 9 !
What's new ?
- SMS Plus got rebased around SMS Plus GX. This results in much improved compatibility. (with additional fixes from me)
The audio code used to be terrible but that also is now improved, using PortAudio instead.
As a result, it is silky smooth. (as long as the game can run smoothly that is)
(The cruel irony is that currently, the GCW0 cannot run Bad Apple SMS unlike this new version. I'm considering porting it back to that console)
- DosBOX was terrible : It wasn't properly scaled and it also had some usability issues. Thankfully, pingflood greatly improved it.
It now requires a special format for games. For example, for Duke Nukem, you need to create a ".dos" file with the following content :
[autoexec]Change the /mnt/int_sd/roms/dos/ according to the location of your dos games.
mount C "/mnt/int_sd/roms/dos/"
In this case, it requires a folder called DUKE with the executable dn1.exe inside of it.
- FCEUX adds back the scaling options such as bilinear and aspect fullscreen. Using bilinear can slow down emulation though !
- Dingux-MSX & Dingux-2600 got minor fixes.
- GMenuNext is now provided separately. You only need to update it if you flashed it for the first update or are behind updates.
It's not over, as i need to look at Temper and Picodrive to fix the flickering issues among other things...
Hope you enjoy it.
Btw, i am still working on the external firmware but i'll only be able to resume working on it tomorrow or the day after that...