Author Topic: Universal Firmware Patcher for PAP KIII Plus 4 Gb, 16 Gb and Gopher 2.  (Read 39643 times)

furythepro

Re: Universal Firmware Patcher for PAP KIII Plus 4 Gb, 16 Gb and Gopher 2.
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2019, 10:31:36 am »
I'm attaching 2 pics, one of the Neogeo problem, and one of the small menu screen.
The small menu screen is an error specific to the PAP KIII port, i don't know what blackz did...
This would require both changes to the config file and source code wise too. My arcade mini port did not have this issue,
i'm surprised that blackz did this.

As for FBA's scaling issue, damnit guys i am aware it...
There's no way for now to fix it as i have not added it : this is intentional as scaling it as such would make it run slower.
I have a solution for that but unfortunately this emulator makes it much trickier by having support for 20+ different resolutions.
So wait

Thank you!! :)

VanZan

I ordered a PAP K3S on AliExpress and the seller sent me a KIII Plus....is this firmware still the best option for the device?

gameblabla

I ordered a PAP K3S on AliExpress and the seller sent me a KIII Plus....is this firmware still the best option for the device?
Yeah absolutely, it is based upon my arcade mini firmware. And sorry about the seller bit rofl...
⚠ WARNING ⚠
If you are using any of my forks, emulators or ports, you are being influenced by propaganda !

VanZan

Yeah the only other option as regards the PAP K3S was to order that blue one you linked to.

furythepro

Any news or upgrade for the bugs that I posted 1 month ago?

gameblabla

I haven't touched FBA in a while. (though bopopop did release a build of Temper with support for external controllers)
As for GmenuNx not working properly, that's on his side, not mine. Not sure what's going on.
⚠ WARNING ⚠
If you are using any of my forks, emulators or ports, you are being influenced by propaganda !

furythepro

I haven't touched FBA in a while. (though bopopop did release a build of Temper with support for external controllers)
As for GmenuNx not working properly, that's on his side, not mine. Not sure what's going on.

:'( :'( :'(

blackz1982 (OP)

You still have a problem with the menu?

Отправлено с моего LLD-L31 через Tapatalk

furythepro

Did you release a new version?
where can I get the latest version?
Thank you in advance

furythepro

hello?

pavlougio

Here it is the automated Kernel patcher Firmware for PAP KIII Plus 4 Gb, 16 Gb and Gopher 2.
It is based on mix Custom Arcade Mini Firmware version 1.0 and 1.32 with my small addition.

Thank's to all the devs that made this possible Steward-fu, ping_flood, gameblabla, if i missed anyone sorry too many to list here.

Download Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bnmlSwa9l2yISQ0JpG8vx9T1ZNki5soh

How to use:

1. Download the universal patcher and unpack to your pc anywhere.
2. Read "how to use.txt" and follow instruction.

Fixpack for Gopher 2: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gpxcnTQC3KVFQp5sj_VdsdlH_hknjPVq
How to use: Unpack contents on internal Sd with replacement.

What's inside:

Emulators :
PocketSNES, Handy, Oswan, FCEUX, FBA-A320, SMS_SDL, GPSP, Picodrive, PCSX4ALL, Speccy, BK Elektronica, PokeMini and Vice.
Games :
Quake, Quake 2, ECWolf, Puzzletube, Snowman, Wizznic, Ganbare, Cannonball, Cave Story.
Apps :
Dingoo Commander, Mplayer.

Hi... I'am really new with this so i would appriciate any help. I have the K3 Plus 16GB and, as you propably allready know, the device cannot be "seen" from a PC when connected through USB. So how do i use the patcher on my device? Thanks for your help

furythepro

Hi... I'am really new with this so i would appriciate any help. I have the K3 Plus 16GB and, as you propably allready know, the device cannot be "seen" from a PC when connected through USB. So how do i use the patcher on my device? Thanks for your help

You have to open your device, remove the microSD and put it into your PC.

romanaOne

I just got a used PAP K3 (with 16GB internal sd card) and I'm trying out the emulators.

Gameblabla's Oswan doesn't work very well: some games crash shortly after starting (Space Invaders) and  Makai Toushi SaGa (English translation patch) dies whenever I press left or right on the d-pad or joystick. (Up and down do not cause the crash.)

Just for fun I took a look at the source and rebuilt it using Arcade Mini's Makefile.amini. I noticed quite a lot of funny stuff I don't understand in the CFLAGs:
Code: [Select]
CFLAGS = -Ofast -fprofile-use -mlong-calls -msym32 -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -mno-abicalls -fno-pic -fno-pie -mhard-float -mips32 -mno-mips16 -std=gnu89 -I./main/emu -I./main/sdl -I./main/headers ${DEFINES}

CFLAGS += -mno-relax-pic-calls -mlong32 -mlocal-sdata -mframe-header-opt -mno-check-zero-division -mfp32 -mgp32 -mno-embedded-data -fno-pic -mno-interlink-compressed -mno-mt -mno-micromips -mno-interlink-mips16

So I looked in the RS97 Makefile and changed CFLAGS to:
Code: [Select]
CFLAGS          = -Ofast  -fdata-sections -ffunction-sections -mno-abicalls -fno-pic   -mips32 -mno-mips16 -I./main/emu -I./main/sdl -I./main/headers ${DEFINES}

After I recompile,  oswan seems to work ok. Space Invaders works. No more crashing when I press left or right.  Seems good, but I really don't know what I'm doing here.

What should the CFLAGs voodoo be for the PAP K3, which--I guess-- has the same resolution but not exactly the same  processor as the Arcade Mini? I don't have an Arcade Mini.

oswan papk3 binary

gameblabla

Oswan has a lot of issues. For example, playing Guilty Gear can corrupt the menu.
I've fixed this kinda in later commits (which is why you notice that it worked, Arcade Mini CFW was still using the older build) however you will have to profile it again.

I'm working on using Mednafen's Wonderswan core instead which is much less wonky and has less issues with games.
Unfortunately, it is also more CPU intensive as well.

So i would suggest that you do not use this build as it is very subpar.
⚠ WARNING ⚠

romanaOne

I was also getting menu corruption in the old oswan in Makai Toushi SaGa on the PAPKIII.

oswan is still very good. I didn't ever hear of guilty gears, so I didn't try it. The more recent Oswan works ok enough for me with the English translations patches of  Makai Toushi SaGa, FF 1 and 2.  It even looks half-decent fullscreen, I guess since WS also had a rectangular screen. Unless more RPGs are translated, I might not ever play any more WS games. Romhacking only has 14 translations for WS.  I just don't know enough Japanese to figure out what is going on in many WS games.

Can mednafen work fast enough? Can it do bilinear filtering? I remember playing with it on Pandora, but it seemed to have all kinds of problems assigning keys and randomly crashing...but that was a long time ago.

Why does the sound volume always revert to a TOO LOUD setting, even after you set volume to 0? Setting volume=0 in Settings usually lasts until after I run one program, then the gmenu restarts(?) and volume goes  back to 60.  The brightness setting sticks. Can I do something to make sound volume stick?

Volume control works in Gameblabla's Useless firmware for K3S. (What is K3S?) If it is some easy little thing like putting cat 20 > /dev/mixer in some script someplace or some change to gmenu can you tell me the secret?

What keys are the Volume  - + buttons? I don't really want to use them to play with volume, but might want to reassign them if I try to port games that need more buttons. Nethack might be fun with the big screen.

blackz1982 (OP)

Volume - sdlk_1.volume + sdlk_2

JHale

I can't get it to work.. Every time I try to open the image file I get this to pop up..

TechnopodMan

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2020, 01:49:08 am »
Hi! I try the UFP on the gameta II Plus using the KIII Plug 4Gb option, and when i power on a message says TV-Out connected Continue?
Yes / start        No / A     

But only Start button works and the screen go to black.

The Gameta II Plus it's not the same FW than the KIII Plus?

Thank for your work!! ;)

TechnopodMan

« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2020, 06:45:33 pm »
Dear blackz1982, I wonder if you have finished the Firmware Patcher for Gameta 2 ? I would be glad to provide a testing on my device and report the results back.

Thank you!

GAMETA II Users are abandoned... There are millions of gametas outhere  :'(

alister667

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2022, 12:12:23 pm »
Hi! I try the UFP on the gameta II Plus using the KIII Plug 4Gb option, and when i power on a message says TV-Out connected Continue?
Yes / start        No / A     

But only Start button works and the screen go to black.

The Gameta II Plus it's not the same FW than the KIII Plus?

Thank for your work!! ;)

Dug out my old PapK3+ and the original SD card was gone, so I'm trying to get it working to hand over to a mate's kid, used the UFP, and I'm getting the exact same issue. Askes about the TV out, only start button works and then the screen goes black. Just on the off chance anyone has any ideas or even a link to the stock 4Gb Firmware - all the Google Drive links are dead!

Post a new topic
Post a new topic