Author Topic: Universal Firmware Patcher for PAP KIII Plus 4 Gb, 16 Gb and Gopher 2.  (Read 310 times)

blackz1982 (OP)

Here it is the automated Kernel patcher Firmware for PAP KIII Plus 4 Gb, 16 Gb and Gopher 2.
It is based on mix Custom Arcade Mini Firmware version 1.0 and 1.2 with my small addition.

Thank's to all the devs that made this possible Steward-fu, ping_flood, gameblabla, if i missed anyone sorry too many to list here.

Download Link: https://yadi.sk/d/yqj-KR10dXHqrA

How to use:

1. Download the universal patcher and unpack to your pc anywhere.
2. Read "how to use.txt" and follow instruction.

What's inside:

Emulators :
PocketSNES, Handy, Oswan, FCEUX, FBA-A320, SMS_SDL, GPSP, Picodrive, PCSX4ALL, Speccy and Vice.
Games :
Quake, ECWolf, Puzzletube, Snowman, Wizznic, Ganbare, Cannonball, Cave Story.
Apps :
Dingoo Commander, Mplayer.

Changes in comparison with original custom firmware for Arcade Mini:
1) Small presetting.
2) Add roms for Cannonball.
3) Add game resources Wolfenstein and Wolfenstein SOD in folder Ecwolf.
4) Add full game resource for Quake.
5) PCSX4ALL it is used with own hand compiled from repo "senquack" (it is faster in my opinion) with mapped buttons L2, R2 on Volume down, Volume up(PAP K3 PLUS) and Z, C(Gopher 2).
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 12:52:14 am by blackz1982 »

gameblabla

Re: Universal Firmware Patcher for PAP KIII Plus 4 Gb, 16 Gb and Gopher 2.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 01:27:34 am »
2) Add roms for Cannonball.
There's a reason why the roms are not provided by default : They are copyrighted by Sega. I would suggest you remove them...

3) Add game resources Wolfenstein and Wolfenstein SOD in folder Ecwolf.
4) Add full game resource for Quake.
You need to be careful with those too. They have shareware versions (SOD has a demo available) so use those when possible.

5) PCSX4ALL it is used with own hand compiled from repo "senquack" (it is faster in my opinion) with mapped buttons L2, R2 on Volume down, Volume up(PAP K3 PLUS) and Z, C(Gopher 2).
Ah, interesting. I didn't know that the volume buttons were GPIO mapped to. What are they mapped to ?

Also, i didn't know the Gopher 2 was a thing until now. This is definitely interesting, i didn't know it was using an Ingenic SoC. Some said the resolution of this thing was 360x240 but looks like it's 480x272 just like the PAP.

Also, stock PCSX4ALL is not faster than steward's fork, although it is more accurate. The reason why is this :
https://github.com/arcade-mini/pcsx4all/commit/2518dd335168beff8d90ad99528301eaaa3ea08a

Btw, i am aware of the issues with the current firmware for the Arcade Mini. I am going to rebase it around RetroFW, as it supports automatic resizing of the FAT32 partition.

blackz1982 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 02:35:39 am »
Ah, interesting. I didn't know that the volume buttons were GPIO mapped to. What are they mapped to ?

Volume Down - SDLK_1, Volume Up - SDLK_2. 

Also, i didn't know the Gopher 2 was a thing until now. This is definitely interesting, i didn't know it was using an Ingenic SoC. Some said the resolution of this thing was 360x240 but looks like it's 480x272 just like the PAP.

Ingenic JZ4760, 480x272, 64 Mb RAM.

Also, stock PCSX4ALL is not faster than steward's fork, although it is more accurate. The reason why is this :
https://github.com/arcade-mini/pcsx4all/commit/2518dd335168beff8d90ad99528301eaaa3ea08a

PCSX4ALL from repo "senquack/pcsx4all" faster in branch "dynarec_work_part3" than "master" branch and faster than version in your firmware.
I checked in Carmagedon at identical settings.

gameblabla

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 03:01:47 am »
PCSX4ALL from repo "senquack/pcsx4all" faster in branch "dynarec_work_part3" than "master" branch and faster than version in your firmware.
I checked in Carmagedon at identical settings.
Yes, senquack's branches are faster but i'm sure you'll notice that save states are also broken.
At least they definitely were when i used this branch instead : https://github.com/senquack/pcsx4all/tree/dynarec_work_part4
Do they work on part3 ? If it does, then it's definitely something i need to try on the RS-97.
You might want to merge steaward's specific MIPS code to it as well as profile the code using the interpreter. (it won't work with the dynamic recompiler)
Doing so will improve the speed of C/C++ code.
TLDR; -fprofile-generate=/home/retrofw/profile if you wanna give it a try, then recompile with -fprofile-use with the gcda files in the makefile's directory

Volume Down - SDLK_1, Volume Up - SDLK_2.
Good to know. Thanks. Btw, share your source code on github or gitlab.

Aw, like the PAP K3 Plus, including the RAM amount.

blackz1982 (OP)

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 11:48:33 am »
Good to know. Thanks. Btw, share your source code on github or gitlab.

https://github.com/blackz1982/pcsx4all 
Yes in branch "dynarec_work_part4" broken saves but in "dynarec_work_part3" it works.

Aw, like the PAP K3 Plus, including the RAM amount.
No, in PAP K3 Plus 128Mb RAM.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 11:51:25 am by blackz1982 »

Post a new topic