Author Topic: RS07 Custom Firmware Emulator display issues  (Read 488 times)

evilteddy123 (OP)

RS07 Custom Firmware Emulator display issues
« on: March 22, 2020, 08:51:31 pm »
Hey I'm having trouble again, out of the blue. My RS07 using Gameblabla's CFW 1.33.4 used to work very well with the tv-out feature. Emulators worked fine, controllers worked fine, everything was great. Then I didn't touch it for a couple months yesterday something changed. I use this device almost exclusively through tv-out. Now the menu works fine as always but when I go into ANY emulator, there is a display problem. They all have a weird scanline effects when working in any emulators and any game. This is not an AV cable issue as the normal GMenu screen works fine. Is anyone else having a similar problem? I wiped the firmware in the internal SD card to see if that may fix it, but it did not fix the emulators? I'm stuck, thank you for your help!

PS - This scanline effect only happens on TV out. It works normally when displaying on the arcade device screen itself?

evilteddy123 (OP)

Re: RS07 Custom Firmware Emulator display issues
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 09:05:12 pm »
pictures

evilteddy123 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 09:06:30 pm »
This is what the emulator screen and sample game looks like. all the emulators look like this, even the ported games

ace9094

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 09:24:52 pm »
I have not seen that myself however here a few things to try....

1) Create an image of your current SD Card using Win32Image tool then format & install the image again from gameblabla's image and test without making any changes or installling anything. If the clean image is OK, add items one by one and test them systematically until you find the software causing the issue.

2) Re-install gameblabla's image on another SD card and test without making any changes or installling anything.

3) Try another CFW like RetroFW2.1 and see if this still happens

4) Reinstall Stock image and see if this still happens

Besure to post back how you get on so others whom may encounter the same issue have guidence :)

Thanks
ace
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 09:26:41 pm by ace9094 »
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

svcoco

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2020, 05:34:26 am »
I think this a problem with the firmware and the hardware itself, same happen to me, I trying to get an older version of the firmware but can't find it anywhere.

gameblabla, the developer, explained the problem here:
https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/custom-firmware-for-the-retro-arcade-mini/340/

Post a new topic