Author Topic: RS07 av cable?  (Read 537 times)

evilteddy123 (OP)

RS07 av cable?
« on: September 28, 2019, 11:58:38 pm »
Hi, I bought one of these RS07 used from a local vendor. He also got it used, so no USB or AV cable. I thought this would just accept standard AV (yellow, red, white, 3.5mm jack) cable since it looked similar enough. I've bought several AV cables and tried different adapters but still can't get a proper tv-out. I've messed with several versions of CFW and even stockFW but my tv-out is still messed up (green screen with fuzzy lines all over). Is there anything special about the original av cable that comes in the box? is anyone who is not using theirs (maybe they only use CFW with no tv out) willing to sell me theirs? I do want my unit to display on tv and am willing to regress and use whatever FW still has that capability. Just need help ruling out that its not the cables causing my image issues?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 03:19:02 am by evilteddy123 »

blackz1982

Re: RS07 av cable?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 12:05:01 am »
Its pal or ntsc?

Отправлено с моего LLD-L31 через Tapatalk

evilteddy123 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 12:16:05 am »
I live in USA and always try to set to NTSC when I can (depends on FW used). I've tried original stock FW, an early modified stock FW, CFW 1.33.4, and CFW 1.3.2 (last FW known to have working tv out). Even with both stock FWs, I couldn't even get a signal image out to tv (black screen). The photo I uploaded with the messed up image on tv was with CFW 1.3.2 so at least there was an image. But its still not practical to use. If anyone knows anything, I'd really appreciate the help!

LauweLoempia

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 07:19:06 am »
I do not think the av cable is special. However the RS-07 is known to have very crappy AV out. I'll check mine and let you know how it works...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

LauweLoempia

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 09:48:54 pm »
Ok. I tried connecting my stock RS-07 with the original AV cable OR Bitvboy AV cabe to my Sony TFT display OR old Sony CRT display. None of the 4 combinations seemed to work :-(

I did not even got a distorted image, just no image at all. I tried both PAL and NTSC settings from the menu. Although I do want to run CFW on this device I'm afraid the laters one does not have TV out and the older CFW who does have TV out does not have full screen FBA emulation. As I don't care for the TV out function I choose to have full screen FBA emulation.

So, I'm afraid this concludes my RS-07 AV out test (with no results what so ever). Best of luck getting it to work!

evilteddy123 (OP)

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 10:01:01 pm »
Thank you very much for your attempt! So it seems maybe this problem is not just about the cable but maybe certain units dont work very well. I've been also using a combination of different TVs with different, non-original av cable combos. Nothing is working very well. Will continue to try different FW combos and let you all know if something actually works

gameblabla

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2019, 11:27:43 pm »
The RS-07 (and other ingenic consoles like it) only support PAL60 and NTSC.
So that's something to keep in mind.

Still, i finally got a TV and i can confirm the issues you're having with the CFW.
I'm looking into it.

evilteddy123 (OP)

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2019, 11:40:02 pm »
Thank you

Still, i finally got a TV and i can confirm the issues you're having with the CFW.
I'm looking into it.

Thank you for your time looking into it. Everytime I make a change, i sometimes lose the crappy image i got so I'm just very careful to not change too many things at the same time.

jimmybonsaville

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2019, 09:50:02 am »

I'm looking into it.

Great stuff @gameblabla Did you see how good the image looks with the weird "Scanline" effect? Its a strange one!

@evilteddy123 I dont want to insult your intelligence...However have you tried to push the lead in more firmly? I had a similar issue and the lead just wasnt  seated properly in the RS-07

evilteddy123 (OP)

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2019, 03:37:50 pm »
@evilteddy123 I dont want to insult your intelligence...However have you tried to push the lead in more firmly? I had a similar issue and the lead just wasnt  seated properly in the RS-07

Hey Jimmy, did the whole swirl the lead inside the socket thing, and pushed it in as far as I could. Didn't want to get too rough so as not to break something inside. Here are the different cords I've tested and none of them work well. I get this scratchy sound from the audio side, like when you short a mono plug with a stereo cable. First one is a combo of regular rca cable (tv? maybe dvd player?) with an adapter I got from my portable projector. The other I'm not sure what its for, I found around my house. The last I bought from a game store, it is an av cable for Xbox 360.

jimmybonsaville

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2019, 04:57:40 pm »
Ill check my leads when I get home. I know there are different designs for the same type of lead depending on how many poles are needed on the mini jack. If you are using @gameblabla latest firmware which is called Useless...there is and actual issue with video out currently. This could be the issue? If you check the pinned RS-07 I have screen shot my video out issue on there somewhere.

evilteddy123 (OP)

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2019, 05:37:54 pm »
@jimmybonsaville yes all the ends of the cables I have are the 3 striped kinds. That's why I wanted to know if the stock cable that comes with the original device has something special about it.

Either way I have been reading up on RS07 TV-out related thread and did see your screenshot with the weird scanlines. I also watched those YouTube videos from Johnny Liu who has done extensive testing and mods to these devices. He has the same problem you do and says CFW 1.3.2 was the last one that worked for him. CFW 1.33.4 didn't work for him and also had funny scanlines at the top portion of the screen.

I know the dev team is looking into it, so I guess I'll also wait and see if a new CFW revision will help solve the problem. If it does for everyone else except me, then I can rule out that the FW works, and maybe its my cables that don't. That case would be more definitive to me.

Unfortunately right now there are several variables I cannot rule out which exactly is causing my problem. But I do think my greenish screen with the fuzzy marks is not an effect anyone else has encountered or described yet, so it could be a cable issue since I assume everyone else has the right cable, and mine are not original lol! :o

Post a new topic
Post a new topic