Author Topic: RS-97 Mod Factory  (Read 10232 times)

bartimeaus (OP)

Re: RS-97 Mod Factory
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2018, 11:55:07 am »
Added this to the website RS-97 Mod Factory

https://jutleys.wixsite.com/retrogamers97-90

You could try https://www.squarespace.com/ as a website builder, looks more sleek in my opinion. Possibly better optimisation. Wix always seems to have issues with firefox.

Bitboy

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2018, 12:39:56 pm »
Added this to the website RS-97 Mod Factory

https://jutleys.wixsite.com/retrogamers97-90

You could try https://www.squarespace.com/ as a website builder, looks more sleek in my opinion. Possibly better optimisation. Wix always seems to have issues with firefox.

I wish there was a easy way to transfer all my sites but its just too much work to redo it all.

dgtao

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2018, 02:01:45 pm »
like to show you guys my mod:
switch internal storage to the outer shell part with some 3d printed accessory and PCB;
make internal painting;
battery mod up to 3000 mha.

some pics:

« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 02:03:51 pm by dgtao »

bartimeaus (OP)

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2018, 03:58:45 pm »
@dgtao that is amazing.

If only I could get stuff 3d printer cheap in the UK.

dgtao

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2018, 04:17:32 pm »
@dgtao that is amazing.

thanks.
 I have even design some pcb stuff to mod the internal storage to the external shell for easy file transfering.
it's a pity you are not in china, or that was available for you on taobao.com.

however, the internal parinting with white is highly recommended which makes the device looks nice.

bartimeaus (OP)

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2018, 04:40:09 pm »
@dgtao that is amazing.

thanks.
 I have even design some pcb stuff to mod the internal storage to the external shell for easy file transfering.

however, the internal parinting with white is highly recommended which makes the device looks nice.

Do you have a link on taobao? I can use a shipping agent to ship it to me to UK.

Yeah, I'm loving the white inner painting, I'm probably going to do it myself too! Did you have to use a paint primer? Or just spray paint it directly?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 04:51:27 pm by bartimeaus »

dgtao

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2018, 04:52:03 pm »
@dgtao that is amazing.

thanks.

Do you have a link on taobao? I can use a shipping agent to ship it to me to UK.

Yeah, I'm loving the white inner painting, I'm probably going to do it myself too!

i have sent you by PM. before you buy it better talk with me cause i don't know how to send to uk

Equim

« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2018, 06:39:10 pm »
Yeah, I'm also curious about how to do the painting. I got some idea of my own but figured I'd check and see how you people would do it!

bartimeaus (OP)

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2018, 07:08:35 pm »
Yeah, I'm also curious about how to do the painting. I got some idea of my own but figured I'd check and see how you people would do it!

Based on my research on plastic painting, apparently you need to sand it. I have no idea how you are going to sand the damn thing, with the screw posts etc.

Equim

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2018, 07:21:03 pm »

Based on my research on plastic painting, apparently you need to sand it. I have no idea how you are going to sand the damn thing, with the screw posts etc.
Well, you just get some wet sandpaper, I believe that's what they are called. (You use them with water). You can get those at most autopart stores for like a dollar/euro/whatever.
Obviously there are going to be parts that will be hard to work, like the screw posts, buttons, etc.

My initial idea was to just spray paint the outside of it, but I don't know how that is going to work out with the texture of it all.
Doing it on the inside obviously eliminates that problem but I still have to face the problem of why I'm doing it in the first place, I kinda hate translucent plastic. So I'd still have that translucent, semi-black tint on top of the color I use.

I haven't got mine yet, should arrive this week if the damn customs people get off their butts, then I'd be able to look into it a bit more, but those are my ideas at the moment at least.

bartimeaus (OP)

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2018, 10:43:04 am »

Well, you just get some wet sandpaper, I believe that's what they are called. (You use them with water). You can get those at most autopart stores for like a dollar/euro/whatever.
Obviously there are going to be parts that will be hard to work, like the screw posts, buttons, etc.

My initial idea was to just spray paint the outside of it, but I don't know how that is going to work out with the texture of it all.
Doing it on the inside obviously eliminates that problem but I still have to face the problem of why I'm doing it in the first place, I kinda hate translucent plastic. So I'd still have that translucent, semi-black tint on top of the color I use.

I haven't got mine yet, should arrive this week if the damn customs people get off their butts, then I'd be able to look into it a bit more, but those are my ideas at the moment at least.

Apparently sometimes you can use just a primer straight away

HercTNT

« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2018, 11:52:47 am »

Apparently sometimes you can use just a primer straight away
Krylon makes a series of paints just for plastic that does not need all this. Just washing the plastic to get rid of oil and dirt is enough. paint with a few thin coats allowing to dry between coats and it works great.

bartimeaus (OP)

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2018, 01:40:58 am »
I spray painted mine with plastic primer on the inside, looks like what dgtao did. Looks great!

I added a micro USB port for charging, it works great. No data transfer though.

Then I screwed up my speakers output somehow, so now I placed in an order for an amp board and a switch so I could toggle between speakers and headphones out.

Finally, placed in an order for a vibration switch which will be used to toggle the battery meter.

aaronj863

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2018, 09:22:02 pm »
I have a few ideas for mods for this console

1.gba sp buttons & d-pad with contact pads
2.gba sp or nds speaker replacement
3.gba L+R trigger buttons

Thaddeus Grey

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2018, 06:13:10 pm »
like to show you guys my mod:
switch internal storage to the outer shell part with some 3d printed accessory and PCB;
make internal painting;
battery mod up to 3000 mha.

some pics:

(hey, my first post!) Oh my goodness, that looks amazing! Do you happen to have the STL file used to 3D-print that hosted anywhere? And what other bits did that require? I'd love to do that mod, especially with the 3000mah battery.

02k0

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2019, 05:21:08 pm »
My RS-97 hard work mod!

Enviado de meu Moto G (4) usando o Tapatalk

jbanes

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2019, 06:47:02 pm »
My RS-97 hard work mod!
You might want to take a file and smooth out the edges a bit. It would suck to get cut while playing or accessing the SD Card.  :(

02k0

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2019, 07:39:09 pm »
My RS-97 hard work mod!
You might want to take a file and smooth out the edges a bit. It would suck to get cut while playing or accessing the SD Card.  :(
It does not have to be cute, it just works. Maybe I'll sandpaper it to finish. I think of passing a black insulation tape, take it out only when a new version of the firmware is released.

Enviado de meu Moto G (4) usando o Tapatalk

Post a new topic