Author Topic: NERDS Kernel - RS-97 Custom kernel release (RetroFW 1.2 released)  (Read 17953 times)

gamfunforstart

Re: NERDS Kernel - RS-97 Custom kernel release (Added PicoDrive fix)
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2018, 08:24:53 pm »
I'm going to start by thanking you for your work. :-)  Pico drive is doing the thing it was originally where sonic's shield is not flickering correctally.  Whenever you get a chance can you check on this.  Not a very good explanation but if you play it you will see. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

tonyjih (OP)

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2018, 07:47:18 am »
you mean sonic's shield is wrong in my build ?
which sonic game ?

gamfunforstart

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2018, 12:02:38 am »
Sonic 2 it just sits on him and doesn't move sometimes it's just around him.  Sorry about the bad description kind of hard to explain.  It might have to do with the DMA fix.  In the first releases it did the same thing and then there was an update and the shield emulated normal.  I appreciate it not like its unplayable I still have fun with it.  Earlier you stated that emulators need to be re compiled for the double buffer? You think it will help psx?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

renejr902

« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2018, 11:05:32 pm »
with my v2.1 (16bg + NEW SCREEN) ( i use your patch on 141 firmware and i tried your patch with universal firmaware too)

i edited fceux.cfg and enable Double buffering with 1 instead of 0. But Double buffering dont work in games
 Thanks for help

Note: this is my unit: Revision 2.1 (New units) JZ4760B (Fixed usb)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 02:53:02 am by renejr902 »

renejr902

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2018, 01:40:43 am »
i cant get picodrive working in double buffering with my v2.1 (16bg + NEW SCREEN) neither fceux with double buffering enable in fceux.cfg
Maybe it works in double buffering BUT the screen is all flcikering with low brightness. Can you help me please.
thanks a lot ( i patched 141firmware with your patch, and i even tried to patch the universal patcher firmware with it)
i just tried with firmware 1.6 useless firmware, dont work too in double buffering.

EDIT: Jutley tried to help me and sent me a picodrive and gpsp build with double buffering, but it still dont work:
i email him this:

" its bad. it doesnt work again. Picodrive and gpsp have flickering problem.
maybe double buffering is working, but its unplayable with the flickering problem.
i can show you a video if needed.
I hope you can still help me.
All emulator dont have a option for vsync so double buffering is necessary, because so much tearing or stuttering

Thanks a lot , i appreciated A LOT your help !

( note: if possible after the picodrive and gpsp problem is corrected, i would love to have fceux and Oh boy in double buffering too ;) "

« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 10:36:29 pm by renejr902 »

tophuntyer99

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2019, 07:23:26 am »
Does the updated picodrive benefit 4760 chip device as well?

Jason01

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2019, 01:38:37 am »
This kernel works great on my v3.0 RS-97.  After I applied the new kernel, PicoDrive just showed a black screen whenever I loaded a rom..  then I installed the new Picodrive with double-buffer support and it solved the problem.  Thanks for releasing this kernel..  I love the new PC USB support!

SteNik

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2019, 09:04:49 pm »
Hi everyone. I do not speak English very well! I recently joined. I have a problem with my rs-97 version 2.1new, picodrive does not work. I opendigungux as an operating system. How can I solve? thank you

jequido

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2019, 01:37:30 pm »

Good morning, use the version on page 1.

jequido

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2019, 02:43:27 pm »
Congratulations on the great work !!!!

Hi everyone, the fact that regba does not work has to do with the kernel?

does regba run on any of the rs-97 versions? or does it not work at all?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 06:29:44 pm by jequido »

renejr902

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2019, 11:44:39 pm »
i cant get picodrive working in double buffering with my v2.1 (16bg + NEW SCREEN) neither fceux with double buffering enable in fceux.cfg
Maybe it works in double buffering BUT the screen is all flcikering with low brightness. Can you help me please.
thanks a lot ( i patched 141firmware with your patch, and i even tried to patch the universal patcher firmware with it)
i just tried with firmware 1.6 useless firmware, dont work too in double buffering.

EDIT: Jutley tried to help me and sent me a picodrive and gpsp build with double buffering, but it still dont work:
i email him this:

" its bad. it doesnt work again. Picodrive and gpsp have flickering problem.
maybe double buffering is working, but its unplayable with the flickering problem.
i can show you a video if needed.
I hope you can still help me.
All emulator dont have a option for vsync so double buffering is necessary, because so much tearing or stuttering

Thanks a lot , i appreciated A LOT your help !

( note: if possible after the picodrive and gpsp problem is corrected, i would love to have fceux and Oh boy in double buffering too ;) "

Please Nobody is able to help me with double buffering?
( Jutley or tonyjih or gameblabla maybe?) thanks for help.

( im sad. Do you have any idea or special build to get picodrive and/or others emulators in Double Buffering, with my RS-97
v2.1.  All emulators have a lot of tearing and stuttering, so i hope double buffering will correct it. I dont have this problem with my gcw zero. But i prefer the rs-97. Thanks)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 12:07:17 am by renejr902 »

jequido

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2019, 12:23:02 pm »

Congratulations on your great work !! Is the kernel download on page 01 already v1.0.1? so when I download it inside the file it says it's v1.0 version. my handset is V2.1 4760B.

R0ger

Re: NERDS Kernel - RS-97 Custom kernel release (RetroFW 1.0 released)
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2019, 01:58:55 am »
How do I install this ?

far

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2019, 04:26:34 am »
How do I install this ?

Look at the original post, follow the link, download https://drive.google.com/open?id=162bNRp9c04sAycxVnj3kQE8Cthy3fNxa

Run the .bat for your version, then install the firmware image to your internal sdcard as usual.

www123

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2019, 06:45:09 am »
Great work.

R0ger

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2019, 01:55:18 pm »
How do I install this ?

Look at the original post, follow the link, download https://drive.google.com/open?id=162bNRp9c04sAycxVnj3kQE8Cthy3fNxa

Run the .bat for your version, then install the firmware image to your internal sdcard as usual.

Thanks ! But I still don't understand. What do you mean 'as usual' ? I installed Useless 1.6 for 3.0 on internal SD card.
That one has 4 gigs. This archive contains RetroFW.img, which is about half gig. Do I need RetroFW.img, or just the kernel ? Can I even use this with Useless FW ?

far

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2019, 04:15:44 pm »
How do I install this ?

Thanks ! But I still don't understand. What do you mean 'as usual' ? I installed Useless 1.6 for 3.0 on internal SD card.
That one has 4 gigs. This archive contains RetroFW.img, which is about half gig. Do I need RetroFW.img, or just the kernel ? Can I even use this with Useless FW ?

Follow the instructions in the original post to patch Useless 1.6

How to use:

1.Download the universal patcher and unpack to your pc anywhere.
2.Download you desired firmware and rename it to .fw
3.Run the file runmefirst.bat
4.Select stock or custom kernel.
5.Make sure you know what hardware revision you have and select the correct one in the menu by pressing the correct number.
6.It will now patch the fw.img to that device.Please wait until the terminal window closes and patching is complete.
7.flash the fw.img to your internal sdcard as you always do using etcher or any other.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 04:18:43 pm by far »

R0ger

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2019, 06:52:37 pm »

Thanks ! All clear !
Still I just can't find the text you are referring to. You mean first post in THIS thread? I see nothing like text you replied with.

EDIT: never mind, found it:
https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/all-rs97-firmwares-here-(internal-external)-all-systems-supported/
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 08:15:42 pm by R0ger »

ovhaum

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2019, 07:17:08 pm »
Amazing! Fba320 is so much better now, and the .ipk packages are so much better than packed FW bloated with things that i don't want. How do we build those (ipk) packages?

@tonyjih : can you, please, build command file manager?

R0ger

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2019, 07:25:27 pm »

Thanks ! All clear !
Still I just can't find the text you are referring to. You mean first post in THIS thread? I see nothing like text you replied with.

Hm .. so everything went fine. I mean I see no runmefirst.bat anywhere, but I just modified your bat which calls DD to modify useless 1.6. And it boots. And it's patched, there is RetroFW splashscreen. Also hold for powerdown works. Very useful !

But USB still doesn't work. I get the old 'This device does not support USB mount'. It's 3.0 (LKWY030A01).