Author Topic: RS-97 Custom Firmware v1.2 Emulator Guide (Stable, Unstable, Not Working)  (Read 32626 times)

Princebatman (OP)

Picodrive update from tonyijh runs perfect. frameskip set to 0, 16bit accurate renderer, stereo sound set to max i get a full 60fps no matter what game i run. that's significantly faster than the dingoo a320. Excellent work!

Awesome!  I have some updating to do on the first post!

Jutleys

• Retrogamers97-90
All the updates to the emulators are avaliable on the beta testing section on repository with detailed information on what was fixed below.

http://bit.ly/2HtE77d

Princebatman (OP)

All the updates to the emulators are avaliable on the beta testing section on repository with detailed information on what was fixed below.

http://bit.ly/2HtE77d

I'm thinking the PocketSNES is the wrong upload.  I deleted my info in the folder and put the zipped new update in...  I'm still getting the blinking menu and having to press start select to get to menu.  He said that is the old one, because he uses the backlight button to get to menu.  I even launched the file from explorer with the same result.

Jutleys

• Retrogamers97-90
I have it on my device and its the one from the downloads i dont get the flickering and i get the working menu from pressing the backlight button.

I have redownloaded it again and repacked it please try again.

Smakx

Attached is a list of arcade roms that were tested and verified to run at or near full speed using Final Burn Alpha v9.2.97.35 (GCW0) on the RS-97 running Open Dingux Firmware v1.2 13/03/2018.

Also included are some general usage tips along with links to RS-97 resources.

rbg_gamer

Are you using the 24.5GB romset to test?  "FB Alpha v0.2.97.39 Non-Merged"

Tks for the info!

Attached is a list of arcade roms that were tested and verified to run at or near full speed using Final Burn Alpha v9.2.97.35 (GCW0) on the RS-97 running Open Dingux Firmware v1.2 13/03/2018.

Smakx

Are you using the 24.5GB romset to test?  "FB Alpha v0.2.97.39 Non-Merged"

Tks for the info!

I copied roms over from my retropie setup for testing. I found them to be around 98% compatible. There were a handful of Neo Geo and Cps1 roms that would throw a missing file error while loading - In those cases googling the name of the missing file would lead to older rom sets.

Smakx

I tested a few Sega CD releases with "picodrive_19-03-2018_fixed version of picodrive, fixed double buffer & swapped XY button issue" from the "beta_testing_latest" folder on the r97_repo.

The games I tested were: Sonic CD, Dragons Lair, Final Fight CD and Night Trap. All four ran great, full speed with smooth sound. The Sega CD bios file goes in the .picodrive folder, not the regular picodrive folder, that one threw me for a bit.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 07:26:07 am by Smakx »

Princebatman (OP)

Hello everyone, thanks for reporting.

I'm moving emulators into the stable category.  It seems that @tonyjih has fixed a lot of them to make them run very well.  If something needs to be moved to the stable category, please let me know.  I will update it. Btw, @Steward will you be adding the updated emulators that @tonyjih improved to the next release?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 02:02:22 am by Princebatman »

Princebatman (OP)

Can you give me the link for the list?  I can update the first post and add the emulator to the stable list.

Princebatman (OP)

I tested a few Sega CD releases with "picodrive_19-03-2018_fixed version of picodrive, fixed double buffer & swapped XY button issue" from the "beta_testing_latest" folder on the r97_repo.

The games I tested were: Sonic CD, Dragons Lair, Final Fight CD and Night Trap. All four ran great, full speed with smooth sound.

Did this update also fix the Sega 32x problems?

Smakx

Can you give me the link for the list?  I can update the first post and add the emulator to the stable list.

You should be able to see the link to the list in my post (as long as you are logged in).

https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/rs-97-custom-firmware-v1-2-emulator-guide-(stable-unstable-not-working)/msg175922/#msg175922

I haven't tested 32x, but I did test Virtua Racing on Genesis and it is quite slow so I don't hold out much hope for 32x as it is similar tech.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 03:21:22 am by Smakx »

Dr_Bunsen

Neo Geo (GNGEO) - Works well (Personally haven't tested, feedback from the group)

Works briliantly here definetly feels fullspeed and smoothe all games working .zip format

I find the beta testing latest version of GNGEO quits back to gmenu2x so I put the one from CFW 1.2 back on again.

Also the new dCastaway quits back to gmenu2x for me.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 07:14:02 am by Dr_Bunsen »
My Portable Devices: Game Gear, PSP 3000, Nvidia Shield Portable, GPD Win, Coolboy RS-97, PAP KIII Plus, GCW Zero

Princebatman (OP)

Neo Geo (GNGEO) - Works well (Personally haven't tested, feedback from the group)

Works briliantly here definetly feels fullspeed and smoothe all games working .zip format

I find the beta testing latest version of GNGEO quits back to gmenu2x so I put the one from CFW 1.2 back on again.

Are you running the .dge?  If so, that's why.  Just run the emulator name.

Jutleys

• Retrogamers97-90

Yes i can confirm this if you are adding any of the new emulators when you make a shortcut on gmenu you must call the emulator or game name not the .dge file thats where most people have problems.May be if (Princebatman (OP) can update the first post with a quick guide on how to install as described above would help alot of people thanks guys great job to all.

pixelizedpig

had the same problem, don't copy the .cfg file from the mega upload is damaged

Dr_Bunsen

Yes I was running the .dge, thanks for your tip, I'll give it a go.
My Portable Devices: Game Gear, PSP 3000, Nvidia Shield Portable, GPD Win, Coolboy RS-97, PAP KIII Plus, GCW Zero

Skyway1985

anybody know exactly how to get GnGeo to work with a unibios? also did anybody have issues with tophunter? graphics and collision are all off, graphics are fine, but the background layer is wrong, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Also, installed the tweaked FBA's, but really didn't see any increases.... it seems that cps games run at 30fps tops, making it not as enjoyable as they were on the Original retrogame firmware....
-a320 version works better than gcw for cps fighters****
EDIT** also, pocketsnes seems to perform better than snes9x now!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 10:21:07 pm by Skyway1985 »

jamespoo

any update on how to load dos games?

Post a new topic