Author Topic: RS-97 Custom Firmware v1.2 Emulator Guide (Stable, Unstable, Not Working)  (Read 10257 times)

jutley

• Retrogamers97-90
Neo Geo (GNGEO) - Works well (Personally haven't tested, feedback from the group)

Works briliantly here definetly feels fullspeed and smoothe all games working .zip format

I find the beta testing latest version of GNGEO quits back to gmenu2x so I put the one from CFW 1.2 back on again.

Also the new dCastaway quits back to gmenu2x for me.

Are you running the .dge?  If so, that's why.  Just run the emulator name.

Yes i can confirm this if you are adding any of the new emulators when you make a shortcut on gmenu you must call the emulator or game name not the .dge file thats where most people have problems.May be if (Princebatman (OP) can update the first post with a quick guide on how to install as described above would help alot of people thanks guys great job to all.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 08:15:06 am by jutley »
Please do visit my Retrogame
RS97-90
Handmade01
Papk3plus sites below for the latest
(News,guides,tips,mods)

https://jutleys.wixsite.com/retrogamers97-90/home
https://jutleys.wixsite.com/papk3plus
https://jutleys.wixsite.com/handmade01/home/

My Devices
Gemini Pda (Duel boot Android/Debian)
GPD Pocket (Duelboot windows 10/Ubuntu 17.10)
Retro game R

pixelizedpig

Neo Geo (GNGEO) - Works well (Personally haven't tested, feedback from the group)

Works briliantly here definetly feels fullspeed and smoothe all games working .zip format

I find the beta testing latest version of GNGEO quits back to gmenu2x so I put the one from CFW 1.2 back on again.

had the same problem, don't copy the .cfg file from the mega upload is damaged

Dr_Bunsen

Yes I was running the .dge, thanks for your tip, I'll give it a go.
My Portable Devices: Game Gear, PSP 3000, Nvidia Shield Portable, GPD Win, Coolboy RS-97, PAP KIII Plus

Skyway1985

anybody know exactly how to get GnGeo to work with a unibios? also did anybody have issues with tophunter? graphics and collision are all off, graphics are fine, but the background layer is wrong, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Also, installed the tweaked FBA's, but really didn't see any increases.... it seems that cps games run at 30fps tops, making it not as enjoyable as they were on the Original retrogame firmware....
-a320 version works better than gcw for cps fighters****
EDIT** also, pocketsnes seems to perform better than snes9x now!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 10:21:07 pm by Skyway1985 »

jamespoo

any update on how to load dos games?

HercTNT

I would like to know this as well. Also, gngeo even with v1 i cannot get any game to run. it tells me the games i'm trying to load are not present and simply does not load them. any ideas?

Dr_Bunsen

Dosbox procedure to mount the Rom directory and play xenon2 game in the roms/dos/xenon2 directory:

Start Dosbox
Press left trigger to open virtual keyboard
Type the following (use B to hold down shift key for symbols such as _ ):

mount c /mnt/int_sd/roms/dos

c:

cd xenon2

xenon2

For dosbox in Windows it's possible to do the mount and change to c: in dosbox.conf in the autoexec section, but I don't know how to do it for the RS-97 implementation of dosbox.

So, firstly, the copy of Dosbox in the MEGA beta testing latest folder is not the same as the one in Stewards latest retrogame binary and does not fix the display stretch. So I downloaded the latest Steward version and it does change the aspect ratio. However, now some of the content is displayed off the bottom of the screen within DOS making it difficult to execute commands. Also it almost looks like there's scanlines in DOS meaning that the text is really hard to read when typing commands. Also there's some distortion at the top of the screen.

When the game is run, it's displayed in the bottom quarter of the screen with part of the content off screen.  It's also not refreshing the screen properly as you can see from the "get ready player 1" pic, where the text should have been removed when the game started. Here's some pics:

« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 05:35:00 am by Dr_Bunsen »
My Portable Devices: Game Gear, PSP 3000, Nvidia Shield Portable, GPD Win, Coolboy RS-97, PAP KIII Plus

HercTNT

SNAPPLE! do you have to type that all in everytime you want to play a game? if so dosbox needs a frontend bad! thanks for chiming in btw, appreciate the help. does xenon2 run smooth? I know on the a320 dosbox was to slow to be usable. i'm wondering if any dos games are truly worth playing on the rs-97.

Dr_Bunsen

SNAPPLE! do you have to type that all in everytime you want to play a game? if so dosbox needs a frontend bad! thanks for chiming in btw, appreciate the help. does xenon2 run smooth? I know on the a320 dosbox was to slow to be usable. i'm wondering if any dos games are truly worth playing on the rs-97.

Agreed, it does need a front end. The PSP Dosbox starts up with a file manager, which is a DOS program itself, so if we can just figure out how to get the mount into autoexec then we could also fire up the same file manager by default on the RS-97.

Xenon2 does run smoothly on the previous version of dosbox that didn't have the screen mods. I couldn't really play it on the newest version. Also the very first RS-97 Dosbox did the mount, so it's clearly possible. Not sure why it's not present with the latest version.

Dr_Bunsen

Got dcastaway working and figured out a few things. It will only work with .st files and not .stx (I think someone already stated that but I can't find the post). I found I could load a two disc game (Gods by Bitmap Brothers) by selecting the first disc in the dcastaway file manager with the A button and then going back to the file list again and selecting the second disc with Y, then hitting run. No dialogue appears asking for a second disc and the game loads up fully. Unfortunately Gods is not very playable as it requires the mouse to fire  :'(

marianovl123

Hi everybody.

I've trying to work gngeo emu with roms from emuparadise.

These roms have no problem - more or less - in FBA, but with NegoGeo emu it could recognize them but couldn't load any of them. It says that there are too old.

What roomset version could work with gngeo emu !?!?

Thx in advance.

Regards.

jamespoo

Dosbox procedure to mount the Rom directory and play xenon2 game in the roms/dos/xenon2 directory:

Start Dosbox
Press left trigger to open virtual keyboard
Type the following (use B to hold down shift key for symbols such as _ ):

mount c /mnt/int_sd/roms/dos

c:

cd xenon2

xenon2

For dosbox in Windows it's possible to do the mount and change to c: in dosbox.conf in the autoexec section, but I don't know how to do it for the RS-97 implementation of dosbox.

So, firstly, the copy of Dosbox in the MEGA beta testing latest folder is not the same as the one in Stewards latest retrogame binary and does not fix the display stretch. So I downloaded the latest Steward version and it does change the aspect ratio. However, now some of the content is displayed off the bottom of the screen within DOS making it difficult to execute commands. Also it almost looks like there's scanlines in DOS meaning that the text is really hard to read when typing commands. Also there's some distortion at the top of the screen.

When the game is run, it's displayed in the bottom quarter of the screen with part of the content off screen.  It's also not refreshing the screen properly as you can see from the "get ready player 1" pic, where the text should have been removed when the game started. Here's some pics:

thanks

rbg_gamer

Those emuparadise.me set works fine in gngeo for me.  Grab the full set that comes in parts.  The CPS1 and CPS2 works pretty well as well... some don't load but i think it's more the emulator.

Hi everybody.

These roms have no problem - more or less - in FBA, but with NegoGeo emu it could recognize them but couldn't load any of them. It says that there are too old.

Thx in advance.

Regards.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 11:52:51 am by rbg_gamer »

Skyway1985

also reporting thath the fixed FCEUX is slower than the one that only worked in native resolution. even when set to original, FDS stutters again and the frames aren't hitting 60. going to swap back to the previous version. all in all this has been a great upgrade!!! thanks to everyone for the hard work!

marianovl123

Those emuparadise.me set works fine in gngeo for me.  Grab the full set that comes in parts.  The CPS1 and CPS2 works pretty well as well... some don't load but i think it's more the emulator.

Hi everybody.

Thx in advance.

Regards.

I've downloaded the first part Neogeo's complete romset and doesn't work any of them with gngeo emu. The same romset working correctly with FBA. What's the problem with NeoGeo emu !?!?

Thx.

Post a new topic