Author Topic: RS-97 Custom Firmware v1.2 Emulator Guide (Stable, Unstable, Not Working)  (Read 28735 times)

Princebatman (OP)

Handy emulator keys menu+backlight will exit emulator & menu+L button will bring up the menu. Sound is too loud.

Thanks, I'm trying to test myself.  I have the binary folder on my internal sd card.  I go to explorer and try to launch the run.dge

What am I doing wrong?  Could you help me a bit?

click on handy320

Thanks,

So handy is running much better.  Unfortunately the buttons are mapped to A and B.  The good thing is you can always swap the jump button to B.  It'd be nice to get everything consistent in the Stable list though with Y as attack and B as Jump.  Definitely an improvement though on Steward's part.

As for Atari St, I couldn't get 1 game running.  I either went to a white screen or went to a desktop where there was nothing in disk a or disk b.  I tried zip and unzip.  The rom format is .stx  I tried one .st  Any thoughts?

And I checked out fceux scaler and that was fixed.

I will update the info on handy for now.

Bitboy

• Retrogamers97-90
You have to use ST files i have tested many and most are working the game will either start utomatically or if it goes to the desktop simply open the folders in mouse mode and then start the game file.

Princebatman (OP)

You have to use ST files i have tested many and most are working the game will either start utomatically or if it goes to the desktop simply open the folders in mouse mode and then start the game file.

Ok, so .st.. Thanks... I'll test it.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 01:51:18 pm by Princebatman »

Princebatman (OP)

As for Atari St...After testing about 10 games, I had a completely different experience than you.  You can check my notes on the first post.  If we can get a list of games that are running well that would help a lot for people.

Steward

• Steward's tutorial website
kindly help to test FBA(A320) and FBA(GCW0) emulators for speed up
Steward Fu

papapito

Regarding FBA (GCW), I've found that most games I've tried run perfectly.
Then we have Metal Slug. The first in the series runs fine, with a bit of slowdowns here and there, but nothing major.
Metal Slug 2 is another story. When the screen is really busy, with lots of enemies or heavy parallaxed background, the game lags a lot. This is especially noticeable on some boss fights, where the huge size of the sprites take a toll on performance.
On FBA A320 the issues are worse.

Bitboy

• Retrogamers97-90
Both fba emulators when you exit them with start and select goes back to the gmenu2x homescreen and will freeze and cause you to do a reset.I did not notice any speed increase on both of them.

skayme

MSX (OPENMSX) - Key Remapping and Rom Selector issues, if roms are not in correct place, you will be stuck on a blue screen, need to reset.

This is the only one emulator that I need  :'( . But never works for me, always is the cmos bios blue screen. Where is the correct place to be the roms?

Princebatman (OP)

Then we have Metal Slug. The first in the series runs fine, with a bit of slowdowns here and there, but nothing major.
Metal Slug 2 is another story. When the screen is really busy, with lots of enemies or heavy parallaxed background, the game lags a lot. This is especially noticeable on some boss fights, where the huge size of the sprites take a toll on performance.

Did you test from Steward's latest update on GitHub?

Btw, for metal slug, did you try GNGEO the Neo Geo emulator?

HercTNT

The updated wip pocketsnes works amazing. Secret of Mana runs nearly flawless on frameskip 1. The sound is more accurate than snes9x4d as well. Mario Kart is very playable with frameskip set to auto. Overall i would say that pocketsnes is the better version now with the speed fix and sound emulation in general is more accurate.
updated version of FBA gcw does not work any better than the old one for me.
updated fceux works great. Screen filters respond properly.

edit: forgot to credit tonyijh for the updated pocketsnes. thank you!!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 04:20:02 am by HercTNT »

Princebatman (OP)

The updated wip pocketsnes works amazing. Secret of Mana runs nearly flawless on frameskip 1. The sound is more accurate than snes9x4d as well. Mario Kart is very playable with frameskip set to auto. Overall i would say that pocketsnes is the better version now with the speed fix and sound emulation in general is more accurate.

Great!  Looking forward to testing SNES.  If we can get a stable SNES emulator, this system will be complete!

jamespoo

how to load dos games on the new update

before i would be able to open dosbox select the exe and have load

now just show the dos prompt and i type in dir and it does not show any folders that are on the sd card just a bunch of files and folders used by dosbox so i tried to change the drive but there is only one drive that is already mounted

how do i load dos games plz help thanks

Princebatman (OP)

how to load dos games on the new update

before i would be able to open dosbox select the exe and have load

now just show the dos prompt and i type in dir and it does not show any folders that are on the sd card just a bunch of files and folders used by dosbox so i tried to change the drive but there is only one drive that is already mounted

how do i load dos games plz help thanks

Good question, I haven't checked dosbox, but would like a report on it.  If this is all the info we have on it now, I can put it in the unstable category until we find out more.

Princebatman (OP)

I just fired up the new pocketsnes.  Tried 3 popular games:
Kirby 3 - extreme lag and not playable
Contra - lag and framerate problems
donkey kong country 2 - lag

I can test more, but is there something I'm doing wrong or need to change settings.  This is just running them out of the box.

HercTNT

Both fba emulators when you exit them with start and select goes back to the gmenu2x homescreen and will freeze and cause you to do a reset.I did not notice any speed increase on both of them.
I did not notice a speed increase either, however on my machine fba does not crash. strange that it works so differently depending on the console.

dcervi

Slowdowns on Metal Slug 2 are present on a real Neo Geo as well. It's not emulator's fault.

I've been testing some Neo Geo games and they run much better now. Blazing Star runs at solid 60 FPS and Metal Slug at 55-60 FPS (all tested with 44100hz sound and vsync on).

In-game FBA menu still shows only filling half screen though.

Enviat des del meu SM-G950F usant Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 01:41:11 am by dcervi »

skayme

I've been testing some Neo Geo games and they run much better now. Blazing Star runs at solid 60 FPS and Metal Slug at 55-60 FPS (all tested with 44100hz sound and vsync on).

Hola noi! Yes, Neo Geo now is perfect! Now, I just wait for a fixed OPEN MSX emulator...  ;D

HercTNT

Picodrive update from tonyijh runs perfect. frameskip set to 0, 16bit accurate renderer, stereo sound set to max i get a full 60fps no matter what game i run. that's significantly faster than the dingoo a320. Excellent work!

Dr_Bunsen

How do you insert the second disc in two disc games like Xenon2?
My Portable Devices: Game Gear, PSP 3000, Nvidia Shield Portable, GPD Win, Coolboy RS-97, PAP KIII Plus, GCW Zero

Bitboy

• Retrogamers97-90

How do you insert the second disc in two disc games like Xenon2?

Still trying to figure that out some games were requesting insert disk 2 aswell for me.

Post a new topic