Finalburn Alpha (GCW0) is a fantastic emulator and the star of the show imo. FBA(GCW0) runs NeoGeo, CPS1/2, and many other arcade roms perfectly. I have been copying roms to test from my retropie setup and so far have had near 100% compatibility. I am not testing all roms, just ones I am interested in, and the classics. When I am done I will upload a list of roms confirmed to be running full speed here and in the discord.
FBA requires a little bit of simple setup, here are some tips:
1. Hit start from the fba menu and select rom paths. Pick an empty rom path slot and a file browser pops up, browse to where your arcade roms are and hit the start button to set the path to the roms. I have my NeoGeo roms in a separate folder, so I set up a second path to those.
2. Hit start from the fba menu and select filter options, set this to "Available Only" so that your game list only shows the roms that you have and isn't 20 miles long. You can advance through your game list a page at a time with the shoulder buttons.
3. Some games that had vertical screens will start vertically on your device (sideways). This can be great for games like pacman and frogger that don't use any buttons - the dpad magically adjusts to the sideways screen position. Alternately after selecting a game, in the pre-launch menu there is an option to rotate these games so that they run normally - the system retains this setting per game.
4. To exit back to the fba menu from within a game, hold both shoulders and hit start.
5. When testing roms, a bad or incompatible rom will sometimes cause crashes back to the system menu with the system locked up. If this happens you can reset the system with a toothpick, paperclip, pin, etc through a small hole in the lower right bottom of the system. This is easier than removing the battery. Once a list of compatible roms has been established this should cease to be an issue.
As stated earlier I plan to upload a list of arcade games verified working with fba(gcw0) sometime this weekend. By default you can assume all Neo Geo and Capcom CPS 1 & 2 games to be working. Hope some of this info is helpful to someone.
Thanks again to everyone involved in the development of these software packages and the support of this device and the surrounding "scene", you guys are awesome.
Edit: Here is a link to post with the FBA working rom list attached:https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/rs-97-custom-firmware-v1-2-emulator-guide-(stable-unstable-not-working)/msg175922/#msg175922