Author Topic: Ritmix RZX-50 Custom Firmware Download with install instructions.  (Read 3576 times)

Strugglemeat

Re: Ritmix RZX-50 Custom Firmware Download with install instructions.
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2018, 09:22:40 am »
Picked one of these up from eBay last month, only took a little over 2 weeks to arrive. I was always put off by the smaller screen size of the RS-97, so that's why I was attracted to the RZX-50. Mine has an analog nub.

Screen has a couple little scratches. Not sure if the top layer of the screen has a peelable protector or not. One dead pixel, near the center =\

Came installed with version 1.5006, and with english language selected. Installing the latest firmware now, thank you to Jutley.

Edit: so I don't have "Settings => Software Update => OK". I have System->Auto Upgrade. When I do that, it says "Checking the Update File... Press A to quit." and stays like that forever. Any ideas?

Edit 2: all of my pre-installed (no update done) built-in DGE emulators have date 4/11/2012 8:38 PM except for gba_emu.dge which is 5/15/2012 12:42 PM. I have psx.dge as well as bios file scph1001.

Edit 3: wow, after playing with the emulators, this thing has serious issues
CPS1 - can't edit key config. it gives me the options, but nothing takes effect. When playing fullscreen, it's stretched and seems like not 60fps. what is 'gsensor'?
gb/gbc - games run at 2x speed
sms/gg - games run at 2x speed
gba - seems to be ok
nes - controls are STUCK at holding down. sprites don't show up
sfc - can't press up
smd - only .smd files appear. STUCK at holding down.

unplayable junk so far. hoping for a miracle!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 10:44:09 am by Strugglemeat »

Bitboy (OP)

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2018, 10:54:02 am »
Redownload the file and upgrade process looks like the files were in folders my apologies i have corrected the issue please retry again.

kryswade

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2018, 05:42:24 pm »
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:36:15 pm by kryswade »

Strugglemeat

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2018, 08:22:40 pm »
Redownload the file and upgrade process looks like the files were in folders my apologies i have corrected the issue please retry again.

I just followed this process. Update started, progression bar. I looked away, doing other stuff, looked back at unit, it was turned off.

Now it will not turn on. =\

Bitboy (OP)

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2018, 10:27:03 pm »
You need to reset the device using the pinhole on your device put something sharp paper clip in there and it will boot back up it does say to do that in the instructions too.

Strugglemeat

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2018, 09:07:52 am »
Yeah I tried that. It doesn't turn on now.

Bitboy (OP)

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2018, 08:35:09 am »
Some good news Vanzan here has kindly donated a device for development to Steward Fu and we now have development for this device gmenu2x soon i will post a github on the main thread soon.

sammyfox

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2018, 04:56:58 pm »
Picked one of these up from eBay last month, only took a little over 2 weeks to arrive. I was always put off by the smaller screen size of the RS-97, so that's why I was attracted to the RZX-50. Mine has an analog nub.

Screen has a couple little scratches. Not sure if the top layer of the screen has a peelable protector or not. One dead pixel, near the center =\

Came installed with version 1.5006, and with english language selected. Installing the latest firmware now, thank you to Jutley.

Edit: so I don't have "Settings => Software Update => OK". I have System->Auto Upgrade. When I do that, it says "Checking the Update File... Press A to quit." and stays like that forever. Any ideas?

Edit 2: all of my pre-installed (no update done) built-in DGE emulators have date 4/11/2012 8:38 PM except for gba_emu.dge which is 5/15/2012 12:42 PM. I have psx.dge as well as bios file scph1001.

Edit 3: wow, after playing with the emulators, this thing has serious issues
CPS1 - can't edit key config. it gives me the options, but nothing takes effect. When playing fullscreen, it's stretched and seems like not 60fps. what is 'gsensor'?
gb/gbc - games run at 2x speed
sms/gg - games run at 2x speed
gba - seems to be ok
nes - controls are STUCK at holding down. sprites don't show up
sfc - can't press up
smd - only .smd files appear. STUCK at holding down.

unplayable junk so far. hoping for a miracle!

I just got mine and didn't have issues with stuck input though mine doesn't have the analog stick so I assume that yours is acting up because the emulators were not written to take into account the analog stick and so those emulators are freaking out.

As for me, I found out the NES emulator REALLY doesn't like it when you put the fullscreen option at off since it turns off the screen until you can blindly find your way around to re-enable it. The snes emulator seems to have an issue with pressing A and B at the same time (which I found out while trying out Super Mario All-Stars). Most emulators don't run at 60fps but if it's playable even if it's at 30 to 60 framerate, I can deal with that. I was happy enough with the dingoo a320 back then and it wasn't a powerful machine either.

Has anyone tried dingux homebrew on it yet?

The RZX-50 is also so much bigger than I expected, I was surprised!

Strugglemeat

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2018, 09:13:17 pm »
I was able to reboot it with a pin in the reset slot, but now the battery does not hold a charge. Unit is not playable while battery is charging. Maybe mine was a dud.

I'm willing to sell for $20 + $10 shipping, if anyone wants to try to fix it or replace the battery.

Strugglemeat

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2018, 02:25:49 pm »
edit
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 08:18:30 pm by Strugglemeat »

forgotten

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2018, 07:37:52 pm »
any news on  cooked firmware?

elistvan

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2019, 11:48:06 am »
Is firmware 1.60 the latest?

sammyfox

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2019, 04:03:12 pm »
How well does dingux homebrew games and programs run on this thing?

elistvan

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2019, 06:40:27 am »
On my device. The custom cps1, cps2 emus doesn't starts the games. When I start a game, it displays a black sceen and exits about a second later. And the savestates doesn't work, even if I use the built in emulators (neither on snes, nes, gba..). They save but they doesn't load the saved games. Any ideas?

Mod: I had no free space left on the internal memory. After I deleted some games, it worked fine.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 01:15:37 pm by elistvan »

Post a new topic