Author Topic: RG-300 V2, IPS screen and where to buy  (Read 4069 times)

quadjfet

Re: RG-300 V2, IPS screen and where to buy
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2019, 09:39:10 am »
Hi @Nikojiro,
Can you take pictures of all four viewing angles of the screen? something like this: https://steward-fu.github.io/website/handheld/rgp/screen.htm

TXIDRIVR

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2019, 05:48:07 pm »
Not Nikojiro, but here you go for the view angles and brightness :

Code: [Select]
Deleted
So yeah, my pix are a bit blurry, but you get the idea : view angles are excellent and yes you can play outisde.

The only downside is that apparently, you cant flash a clean version of retroFW... Tried yesterday multiple SD card, multiple version of retroFW, and had no luck at all. I think its linked to the IPS screen, because handheld boot to a black screen. They might have done some modifications to the firmware.

Anyway, you cant still manage the main SD card (delete the MP3, MP4, roms that come with the handheld for example...) and upgrade the emulators (like Gambatte).

Code behind battery is : RG_300_V1.3 - 2019.6.3
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 07:59:19 pm by TXIDRIVR »

LauweLoempia

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2019, 10:25:40 pm »
Not Nikojiro, but here you go for the view angles and brightness :

Code: [Select]
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VnJJ8hAQF9bjrseHlsUBkz8priT4EYZm?usp=sharing

So yeah, my pix are a bit blurry, but you get the idea : view angles are excellent and yes you can play outisde.

The only downside is that apparently, you cant flash a clean version of retroFW... Tried yesterday multiple SD card, multiple version of retroFW, and had no luck at all. I think its linked to the IPS screen, because handheld boot to a black screen. They might have done some modifications to the firmware.

Anyway, you cant still manage the main SD card (delete the MP3, MP4, roms that come with the handheld for example...) and upgrade the emulators (like Gambatte).

Code behind battery is : RG_300_V1.3 - 2019.6.3

Thanks for sharing! Screen looks really a lot better than the original. Let's hope a CFW gets released soon!

sonicboy

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2019, 04:31:51 pm »
Hey  ;D

Same for me, I confirm it's real IPS, and very nice at that! I ordered it transparent black, but I really prefer my grey one, so I swapped the shells, that's super easy to do, this bad boy is very well built!

I asked Anbernic if they would sell spare IPS screens, or know the part number (nothing is written on the screen sadly), so I and anyone who'd want could upgrade at a cheaper price.

I'll report if I get a positive answer.

Hi
Fid you receive your answer from anbernic?

LauweLoempia

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2019, 07:48:39 pm »
Today my RG300 V3 IPS together with the RS-97 AE arrived. Both screens are wonderful: very vibrant, colourfull and bright with perfect viewing angles. I personally think the screen of the RG300 V3 IPS is even brighter that the RS-97 AE but that could also be because of the increased screen size ;-)

Overall really digging the RG-300 IPS (when I pick it up it really feels like a beefed up RS-90, only then much much better build quality, parts, buttons, screen, etc. :-) )

v47

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2019, 08:43:58 pm »
Any way of easily identifying the IPS version on ebay?

LauweLoempia

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2019, 11:23:22 am »
Any way of easily identifying the IPS version on ebay?

Well, I'm enjoying the device just a bit too much to dissect it just yet...

LauweLoempia

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2019, 11:25:25 am »
Just for fun: I made a quick video to compare the screens of a number of retro handheld consoles (RG-300 IPS, RS-97 AE, RS-97 v1.0s, Bittboy, PocketGo, ODROID-GO, RS-90, GCW-Zero). Sorry about the terrible quality (shot using a Samsung S8 with non-ideal lighting). But enjoy nonetheless:
 <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLSTghgCXOk" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLSTghgCXOk</a>

sonicboy

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2019, 05:26:01 am »
Is there a retrofw version out for the IPSversion?

jbanes

« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2019, 02:38:59 pm »
Jutley just modifies the image that the devices ship with. Which as it turns out, they ship with a recent version of RetroFW. (One of the easy ways to tell is that the home directory is /home/retrofw. ;)) So no need to re-flash the device if you're happy with the shipped configuration.

TXIDRIVR

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2019, 08:03:34 pm »
Yeah, I'm uploading the stock image.

There is a weird bug with Gambatte and HoBoy.

When I turn scaler to x1.66, the first top pixels of the screen seem to be desynchronize. There is like a sort of tearing. Its can be seen especially with fast moving game, like platformer.

Anybody have this bug too ?

Edit: Fixed in latest jutleys firmware.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 11:34:08 am by TXIDRIVR »

Post a new topic
Post a new topic