Author Topic: Coolboy RS-97 RetroGame 45$ Dingux handheld  (Read 197922 times)

gameblabla

Re: Coolboy RS-97 RetroGame 45$ Dingux handheld
« Reply #2220 on: September 29, 2018, 07:14:25 pm »
Hi, I'm new to this forum, I've searched but can not find what I'm looking for, so I ask around here (I hope it's the right thread), does anyone know how to make "chocolate-Doom" work in firmware 1.3 of the RS-97 ?. I have several WAD files but I do not know how to make it work, could someone help me? Thank you.
I hope you can understand me since I do not speak English and I used the google translator, again ... thanks.
You simply need to point Chocolate Doom to a WAD. Note that there's currently a bug in the link file.
If your wads are in a folder with spaces (/mnt/int_sd/MY WADS), it will not work.
But moving them to a folder without spaces (/mnt/int_sd/wads) will work.
I'll fix this for firmware 1.4.

Parallax71

« Reply #2221 on: September 29, 2018, 08:45:05 pm »
Hi, I'm new to this forum, I've searched but can not find what I'm looking for, so I ask around here (I hope it's the right thread), does anyone know how to make "chocolate-Doom" work in firmware 1.3 of the RS-97 ?. I have several WAD files but I do not know how to make it work, could someone help me? Thank you.
I hope you can understand me since I do not speak English and I used the google translator, again ... thanks.
You simply need to point Chocolate Doom to a WAD. Note that there's currently a bug in the link file.
If your wads are in a folder with spaces (/mnt/int_sd/MY WADS), it will not work.
But moving them to a folder without spaces (/mnt/int_sd/wads) will work.
I'll fix this for firmware 1.4.
Hello, thanks for answering but I have the WAD files inside the folder GAMES / chocolate-doom but they do not run when I choose them, just put "LOADING" and go back to the folder to select them again.  :'(

EDIT: solved, I guess something would have gone wrong, thanks.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 12:14:19 pm by Parallax71 »

elistvan

« Reply #2222 on: October 06, 2018, 02:15:53 pm »
Hi!

I have a question. If I download a firmware, for this device. Does it contain the roms as well inside the image? If it does, how could I extract them? Please send a messeage to know.

Manofaction89

« Reply #2224 on: October 06, 2018, 02:35:34 pm »
You can get your own roms online. Well, at least you could.

BrendanSmall

« Reply #2225 on: October 09, 2018, 01:18:57 pm »
As someone who fell down the rabbit hole with the A320 (RIP Dingoo), I'm pretty excited to get my RS97 (arriving today).  I've had a few others in between then and now (Gemei A330, Caanoo, A380, etc), but none of them felt as 'right' as the 320. 

suntzulee

« Reply #2226 on: October 12, 2018, 11:24:51 am »
Hi,

i copied gameboy roms *.gb in my sd card and then open RS-97 to open file explorer and try open a gb game. After i click open, the game just black out and hang. Other system rom game like nes, cps1 works flawlessly. May i know how to play gameboy rom games in sd card?

Particello

« Reply #2227 on: October 12, 2018, 02:09:51 pm »
Got the same error!

I am able to run games in gpsp by putting a valid gba_bios.bin in a folder named ".gpsp" in the root of the sd card. Notice that the folder ".gpsp" is created after the first time you start gpsp. in the folder /mnt/int_sd/emus/gpsp/ (i.e. "My Computer", "SD Letter\emus\gpsp")I'm able to play but the eumulator lacks of feature... ReGBA goes black just after i select a ROM.
I've read somewhere that ReGBA uses the same bios files but i did not managed to make it work...

Can you please tell me what board version did you buy?

Thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 04:14:35 pm by Particello »

Neil_LCFC

« Reply #2228 on: October 14, 2018, 11:57:39 pm »
 Hi been trying to follow the instructions and have got it to boot to the external sd card  with the base image on but for some weird reason I can't then get windows to see the sd card when i plug the rs97 into windows and power it on holding the B button it says charge or usb drive and whichever i press windows doesn't see the drives.
 This means I can't put the emulators on from the local pack or add roms.
If i put the sd card back into a usb card reader in my pc it is in a file format windows doesn't understand so I am screwed.
 Was going to ask if someone has a completed version fully loaded with roms they would be willing to send me. I can pay you by paypal . Or alternatively anyone have any idea why I can't complete the final steps.

Thanks in advance
                              Neil

Soul_Est

« Reply #2229 on: October 15, 2018, 11:12:44 am »
Hi been trying to follow the instructions and have got it to boot to the external sd card  with the base image on but for some weird reason I can't then get windows to see the sd card when i plug the rs97 into windows and power it on holding the B button it says charge or usb drive and whichever i press windows doesn't see the drives.
 This means I can't put the emulators on from the local pack or add roms.
If i put the sd card back into a usb card reader in my pc it is in a file format windows doesn't understand so I am screwed.
 Was going to ask if someone has a completed version fully loaded with roms they would be willing to send me. I can pay you by paypal . Or alternatively anyone have any idea why I can't complete the final steps.

Thanks in advance
                              Neil
You should try using Useless RS-97 instead. https://boards.dingoonity.org/index.php?topic=13953.msg179812.msg#179812

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Neil_LCFC

« Reply #2230 on: October 15, 2018, 06:37:57 pm »
 I'm a bit wary of using uselesss 97 as it overwrites the original firmware. Is it not possible to add some emulators and roms to the external SD card and browse thru the file manager to run the new emulators? I'm interested mainly in GB and  GBC as the screen sizing and performance is all weird on the stock emulators. Maybe add Atari 2600 as well if possible.
 If so can someone point me in the right direction of where to pick up the individual emulators and a rough guide how to go about installing them.

Thanks
            Neil

HercTNT

« Reply #2231 on: October 15, 2018, 06:58:47 pm »
I'm a bit wary of using uselesss 97 as it overwrites the original firmware. Is it not possible to add some emulators and roms to the external SD card and browse thru the file manager to run the new emulators? I'm interested mainly in GB and  GBC as the screen sizing and performance is all weird on the stock emulators. Maybe add Atari 2600 as well if possible.
 If so can someone point me in the right direction of where to pick up the individual emulators and a rough guide how to go about installing them.

Thanks
            Neil

usless throttles the original firmware in every way. It's up to you, but using the original firmware really holds back the potential of your device.

Neil_LCFC

« Reply #2232 on: October 15, 2018, 09:36:42 pm »
 I've managed to finish the process I started thanks to this thread ..
https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/rs97-partitions-acces/

I had to install RMprepUSB then Open RMPrepUSB, hold CTRL+O, type 4 and access to the ROMS partition appears. Then when finished hit CTRL+O again and select 0.

Did this with the micro SD card attached to my PC in a usb adapter. Copied all the emulators across, all the games and put a load of roms in folders in the roms section.
 It now boots either into stock firmware without sd card inserted or into the new improved version with it in.
Amazed how Quake and Duke Nukem play !

Thanks for your help it's a great little device