Author Topic: Coolboy RS-97 RetroGame 45$ Dingux handheld  (Read 212649 times)

lazanti

Re: Coolboy RS-97 RetroGame 45$ Dingux handheld
« Reply #2145 on: July 12, 2018, 09:58:02 pm »
What changes are going to be done to the handheld? Or is it just the case? Which I love the look of by the way, looks like a nicer Dingoo a320.
White/black color shell, same battery and the cartridge slot is removed. That's all I know so far.

lang023

« Reply #2146 on: July 13, 2018, 02:23:09 am »
What changes are going to be done to the handheld? Or is it just the case? Which I love the look of by the way, looks like a nicer Dingoo a320.
White/black color shell, same battery and the cartridge slot is removed. That's all I know so far.
the white version has nothing cheanged except the shell color and the internal sd card size up to 16G.

Jonasbeavis

« Reply #2147 on: July 13, 2018, 04:19:53 pm »
Anyone knows how to get from/to europe without customs problems/charges? Thx

fosamax

« Reply #2148 on: July 13, 2018, 04:22:00 pm »
Amazon. Search for retrogame

Manofaction89

« Reply #2150 on: July 13, 2018, 04:38:08 pm »
Is there a new RS-97 model coming soon?

Manofaction89

« Reply #2152 on: July 13, 2018, 11:10:46 pm »
Nice!

Jonasbeavis

« Reply #2153 on: July 13, 2018, 11:25:43 pm »

Does someone knows if this item is the real deal?

https://www.gearbest.com/handheld-games/pp_009220785829.html?wid=1433363

tackro

« Reply #2154 on: July 14, 2018, 01:34:35 am »
would be possible to port XMAME emulator?
and, about Steward, is he alive? working on some updates for this firmeware or porting somenthing?

gameblabla

« Reply #2155 on: July 14, 2018, 02:18:44 am »
would be possible to port XMAME emulator?
Probably but i haven't looked into it much. It's probably going to run slower than Mame4all. (unless i'm proven wrong, how well was it running on the GCW0 ?)

and, about Steward, is he alive? working on some updates for this firmeware or porting somenthing?
Last time i talked to him, i was complaining about the kernel missing the LCD panel drivers.
He asked me where i got the source from and i pointed towards his github repo.
Then for some strange reasons, he deleted his old repo and reuploaded them again under different names.
No explanation why and i still don't know how he managed to have a working kernel so we're forced to use his precompiled binary.
A huge shame as i had more ideas to improve performance yet more at the kernel side...

dcervi

« Reply #2156 on: July 14, 2018, 08:20:40 am »
@gameblabla I'm almost sure we are still using the kernel from original firmware. I remember reading Steward never got a working kernel from source (yet?) mainly due to missing LCD driver.

Enviat des del meu SM-G950F usant Tapatalk

jutley

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #2157 on: July 16, 2018, 10:26:28 am »
Below is jack83 PyMenu version of the same firmware for those that prefer a different frontend thanks to jack83

PyMenu R3 internal v1.0 & v2.0 systems only

97Next_v2.1_Final_internal_PyMenu_R3_v1.0_v2.0_systems_only.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ed0CJtz1FrlzgtLlPX03WxlddstsssC_/view?usp=sharing

RetroGuy

« Reply #2158 on: July 22, 2018, 12:26:36 am »
Hi everyone!

I've been keeping in touch with the forums ever since I picked up an RS-97 awhile back... and I just wanted to say this community is amazing! Much thanks to Jutley, Steward-Fu and Jack83 for all their hard work and time spent on improving this device!

I've installed a few iterations of the new firmware over the past few months and have never ran into any major issues! I've even installed the latest firmware (v2.1 FINAL Firmware External)... and it's working great!

One thing I am having an issue with though, is PyMenu. I've recently installed the PyMenu version of v2.1 FINAL Firmware External (also tried the internal version) and while it loads up just fine, the roms are not displaying in their folders after navigating to them from their respective emulator. Basically, the folders that contain the roms just appear blank.

I've set the directory link for each emulator, to the appropriate rom folder and no matter what I do, the roms do not appear.
I'm having this issue with NES, SNES, Megadrive, Sega Master System, Gameboy, Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance (the only emulators that I have roms for). What's strange though, is if I select, say, the pcsx4all emulator and navigate to any of the previously mentioned rom folders, like NES for instance, the rom files actually do populate.

I have my rom files located in the "roms" folder within the ROMS directory, all in their individual folders (i.e. "NES", "SNES", "GB", etc...) and made sure that the file extensions were correct (.nes, .sfc, .gb, .gbc, .gba, .sms, .bin "for megadrive").

I've tried to troubleshoot this by placing the roms in different folders under the ROMS directory, such as the "games" folder, "apps" folder... and tried using both zipped and unzipped rom files, with no luck! I've even tried installing the PyMenu ALPHA2 version over the stock v2.1 FINAL Firmware External. I confirmed again that the
stock v2.1 FINAL Firmware External works just fine and I can locate my roms without any issues, yet after enabling the PyMenu ALPHA2, the roms that were in my folders will not be displayed afterwards.

I was curious if anyone else has experienced this same issue and if there may be a way to fix it? I realize the PyMenu is still work in progress, so is it possible that folder navigation/population is not fully implemented at this stage?

Thank you all so much for your time and any tips you may have!

Melquiades

« Reply #2159 on: July 24, 2018, 01:38:30 pm »
I got one some months ago but was too busy  to fine tune it. Now that I properly set it up I have to say it is a glorious little thing. Amazing.

I was just wondering if there are additional ports other than the included with the dingux image. It would be great if games like Spelunky classic, La Mulana or Volgarr the Viking could be ported to this. Is there any list of available ports?

Post a new topic