Author Topic: Coolboy RS-97 RetroGame 45$ Dingux handheld  (Read 173827 times)

jutley

• Retrogamers97-90
Re: Coolboy RS-97 RetroGame 45$ Dingux handheld
« Reply #1395 on: March 13, 2018, 05:31:53 pm »
Read my update on website.

Just a heads up that the red text under your "RS-97 Downloads" button still says the latest firmware is 1.0_os_v20180213

Thanks fixed.

HercTNT

« Reply #1396 on: March 13, 2018, 06:40:29 pm »
jutley, if you get time, can you explain how the upgrade process works. I know how to flash the full cf now to sd card, but i don't understand how to upgrade. That includes applying the fix if needed.

Stouffa

« Reply #1397 on: March 13, 2018, 06:55:54 pm »
I'm expecting my delivery of this console tomorrow, I currently have a microsd card flashed with the previous image. Is it better to start with that image and upgrade from there, or is it safer to do a full reflash of the entire card? Also, if I were to do a full reflash, do I get to select what software is installed like it seems you can with the upgrade? (or is everything installed and I then have to delete what I don't want there?)

VanZan

« Reply #1398 on: March 13, 2018, 07:06:35 pm »
Great work Steward! The only thing I've tried so far that isn't working is Chocolate Doom. The browser window comes up and I go to the Chocolate Doom folder. I've tried clicking on both the files but they just crash back to the gmenu.

Oh after doing some research I'm thinking to get Chocolate Doom working I need some naughty IWAD files.  :-[

jutley

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #1399 on: March 13, 2018, 07:08:46 pm »
jutley, if you get time, can you explain how the upgrade process works. I know how to flash the full cf now to sd card, but i don't understand how to upgrade. That includes applying the fix if needed.

It's quite simple just copy the fix file and the upgrade files to ROMs and start it up via the explorer and just do the upgrade.

Upgrade method
  1. Extract cfw_v1.2_upgrade.rar to ROM partition
  2  Copy Upgrade Fix to roms
  3. Launch /mnt/int/cfw_1.2

jutley

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #1400 on: March 13, 2018, 07:10:38 pm »
Great work Steward! The only thing I've tried so far that isn't working is Chocolate Doom. The browser window comes up and I go to the Chocolate Doom folder. I've tried clicking on both the files but they just crash back to the gmenu.

Oh after doing some research I'm thinking to get Chocolate Doom working I need some naughty IWAD files.  :-[

You need to do the file selector to select wads tested it myself when it was beta look on the mega server instructions should be inside folder.

Zockeromi

« Reply #1401 on: March 13, 2018, 08:07:11 pm »
Just in case i would have a problem with the sleep function: I have to put the repair file into the gmenu2x folder and overwrite exactly what? (there are two different files with gmenu2x with different extensions)?
Sorry, but i am not sure if i understood it correctly.

jutley

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #1402 on: March 13, 2018, 08:09:15 pm »
Just copy that file in the fix.zip file over into the gmenu2x folder that it.

Zockeromi

« Reply #1403 on: March 13, 2018, 08:20:59 pm »
Thank you. What a fast response. Do you eat and sleep sometimes? 😉 Your help is very much appreciated!

dickerpatti2

« Reply #1404 on: March 13, 2018, 08:55:37 pm »
Hallo, leider kann ich kein Englisch schreiben, daher muss ich mit Googel arbeiten. Kann mir jemand sagen warum der Ton bei Handy (LYNX) so furchtbar ist. Der Ton ist viel zu laut und ?bersteuert. Gibt es daf?r eine L?sung ?

Hello, unfortunately I can not write English, so I have to work with Googel. Can anyone tell me why the sound on Handy (LYNX) is so terrible. The sound is way too loud and overdriven. Is there a solution for this ?

jutley

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #1405 on: March 13, 2018, 09:06:52 pm »
Yes the soulotion is put it on the github and report it then will get fixed on the next firmware.
https://github.com/steward-fu/gh_retrogame_emulator/issues

ShrekDTH

« Reply #1406 on: March 13, 2018, 09:42:38 pm »
Can someone tell me how can i get out of the game JinYong?  :o

esmith13

« Reply #1408 on: March 13, 2018, 10:19:37 pm »
Has anyone else on CFW 1.2 powered off by holding power for 5sec until you see 'powering off' and then found their battery stone dead a few hours later? I know I had around 80% battery when I shut it off...

Charging until 100% now and will test again tonight and report back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

gebiter

« Reply #1409 on: March 13, 2018, 10:42:42 pm »
Has anyone else on CFW 1.2 powered off by holding power for 5sec until you see 'powering off' and then found their battery stone dead a few hours later? I know I had around 80% battery when I shut it off...

Charging until 100% now and will test again tonight and report back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

It is a known bug by gmenu2x. if i understand correcly there are some variations in quality concerning the product(SOC) itself which causing the bug.

Anyway, it will be fixed in the next firmware release.
Meanwhile you can use this hotfix:

Hi Steward what about full install backlight issue is that fixed.

Some people suffer this issue but others don't.
I am building a debug build for you because I cannot reproduce this issue.

I can test as well if you want more than one set of logs to look at. I have the same issue.

Could it be related to the use of the overclock app to drop to 250MHz? On the older firmware you put out I played with the overclock app manually and if I set it too low or too high I got the same black screen lockup. Perhaps SoC production quality is poor and some units can't clock as low or high and remain stable?

Thank you for your wonderful work, BTW.

P.S.: Is there a config file I can modify to change the standby clock speed just to test my theory?

Good idea,
kindly help to test this build (overwrite /mnt/game/gmenu2x/gmenu2x )
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14y-mHLYAEo8ldrpDzI-rmmg5xD_pvSgO/view?usp=sharing

Post a new topic
Post a new topic