Author Topic: Coolboy RS-97 (JZ4760 JZ4760B) (RetroGame 45$ Dingux handheld  (Read 261675 times)

tackro

Re: Coolboy RS-97 RetroGame 45$ Dingux handheld
« Reply #200 on: January 20, 2018, 04:20:07 am »
somebody tried ohboy! emulator? that aspect ratio of gb/gbc emulator is outrageous

Can you post the url to the most recent ohboy source code?

I've found two or three different branchs and I dont know which is the best or last.

edit:

just testing, it only reads roms from emulator folder and 320x480 screen is only fixed on non scaled screen option (default).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kkcyk3gicebkt6p/ohboy-master.rar

my rs-97 didn't came yet, how about the performance?

i think that this is the last source code for opendingux version

this https://app.box.com/s/t6uujfa98r7ben7kl3mx

ADY

« Reply #201 on: January 20, 2018, 03:12:33 pm »
I came across a video of a guy from Thailand with an RS-97 running a different NES emulator than the pre-installed one, called FCEUX. Anyone have any idea what this is about?

VanZan

« Reply #202 on: January 20, 2018, 03:46:27 pm »
Has a file called "runEmuNES.dge" on his SD card that he starts up from what I see! There's also a "data" folder and a "fceu-mini" folder.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 03:48:49 pm by VanZan »

DKL3

« Reply #203 on: January 20, 2018, 03:48:18 pm »
Oh nice, where do you get that FCEUX-based emulator?

lemmywinks

Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, Pap KIII-Plus, RS-97, RS-90, New Bittboy, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go,
PC:
HP Envy M6, Acer 522, Dell Mini 9
Psion 5 & 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

DKL3

« Reply #205 on: January 20, 2018, 03:59:15 pm »
I downloaded the FCEUX one, but it doesn't have a .dge extension. Would it work to add the .dge extension?

Jack83

« Reply #206 on: January 20, 2018, 05:38:16 pm »
I tried to resolve the resolution problem at the source and write a patch for sdl to fix the problem.
It does not work all the time, but for example gnuboy from the K3P looks fine. Only one drawback: its slow as hell.

You can get the fix here: https://github.com/JackD83/sdlfix_rs-97/blob/master/build/sdlfix.so

Use it like this:

Create a new text file/shell script with "LD_PRELOAD=./sdlfix.so ./sdlgnuboy.dge"

I don't know if I should put more effort into this.  ::) I think with the larger display and the better buttons, the K3P is a much more capable device. Maybe with an updated firmware, but the resize step for the odd resolution of 320x480 will always be the same

berd95

« Reply #207 on: January 20, 2018, 11:42:20 pm »
So guys, another question.
If I want to put data on the external microsd card that I'll put in the cooboy, will the microsd card be recognized by windows when I hook up the coolboy via USB.
Or do I need to put the micro sd card in a card reader everytime?

lemmywinks

« Reply #208 on: January 21, 2018, 12:45:24 am »
If you power the device up while it's plugged in both the internal storage and Micro SD show up as drives in Windows.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, Pap KIII-Plus, RS-97, RS-90, New Bittboy, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go,
PC:
Psion 5 & 5MX

VanZan

« Reply #209 on: January 21, 2018, 07:51:36 am »

lemmywinks

« Reply #210 on: January 21, 2018, 10:02:46 am »
Btw if anyone is having problems configuring buttons in emulators the A&B buttons are swapped, X&Y seem correct though.

Annoyingly this seems to reset every time you exit the emulator, it's annoying as the default setup for Megadrive leaves the A and C buttons in awkward positions.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 10:12:03 am by lemmywinks »
Handhelds:
PC:
Psion 5 & 5MX

ADY

« Reply #211 on: January 21, 2018, 10:48:34 am »
Btw if anyone is having problems configuring buttons in emulators the A&B buttons are swapped, X&Y seem correct though.

Annoyingly this seems to reset every time you exit the emulator, it's annoying as the default setup for Megadrive leaves the A and C buttons in awkward positions.

I'm just waiting for mine to arrive but the more I hear of it the less I like it. Wrong aspect ratio's, speed up after saves, having to configure the controls every time I play a game.

Geez the amount of incompetence that went into the design of this thing is astounding, I thought this company released like a like a hundred different emu handhelds that run this software but it seems like they never fix even the simplest things.

I really hope the good people opendingux happens, I really like the form factor of the device and would like to have some fun with this thing.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 10:55:46 am by ADY »

lemmywinks

« Reply #212 on: January 21, 2018, 01:04:55 pm »
That's kinda the way it's always been going back to the Dingoo A320 from which this site takes it's name. Decent(ish) hardware with sub standard software which gets improved by talented people who want to develop for it. That way they become community devices with active development scenes, the heyday for these things was in the pre-Android days but they're still fun little devices.

The controls are ok for most emulators btw - SNES, NES, GB, GBA, and SMS are all fine, just the mapping on SMD is odd. I usually map A, B and C to Y, B and A respectively as you can do all button combos you would be able to on the original hardware, like the reverse attack on Streets of Rage for example.
Handhelds:
PC:
Psion 5 & 5MX

ADY

« Reply #213 on: January 21, 2018, 04:36:32 pm »
That's kinda the way it's always been going back to the Dingoo A320 from which this site takes it's name. Decent(ish) hardware with sub standard software which gets improved by talented people who want to develop for it. That way they become community devices with active development scenes, the heyday for these things was in the pre-Android days but they're still fun little devices.

The controls are ok for most emulators btw - SNES, NES, GB, GBA, and SMS are all fine, just the mapping on SMD is odd. I usually map A, B and C to Y, B and A respectively as you can do all button combos you would be able to on the original hardware, like the reverse attack on Streets of Rage for example.

It's good too know that most of them are fine, though MegaDrive is one of my favorite systems.

I'm excited to try something with opendingux, I heard great things but I missed out on the Dingoo and it's successors so getting to try one in a Revo shell is going to be cool. Right now I just have an IPEGA 9017 and an Android phone, it'll cool to have something dedicated.

literallywhy

« Reply #214 on: January 21, 2018, 07:25:41 pm »
I missed out on the original dingoo so I'm very keen on getting this.
Just a few questions, is this as open as the original A320? As in, is dingux a real possibility or is there proprietary bootloaders, firmware etc to bypass?
Also, How good are the stock NES, PCE, GB/GBC emulators? That's what I'm looking at buying this for. GBA is probably only gonna get good with dingux. Do they run full speed, with no major in inaccuracies in sound/video and with an option for a correct aspect ratio?
If anyone would try out these games and comment on them I would be much obliged.
NES: Gradius, english translated Fire Emblem, SMB3 Dragon Quest/Warrior 4, JP Castlevania 3 (curious to see if it supports the enhanced sound) and Kirby
GB/C: Kirby, The DX hack of mario the six golden coins, Dragon quest monsters and Pokemon Crystal
PCE: Final Soldier and R-type
Thank you!

seagal

« Reply #215 on: January 22, 2018, 03:06:40 pm »

I was working with this code, is not the last OD version, but is ok:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9knrr8n3y0ju13c/ohboy.dge

On this, I've only modified full screen and normal screen modes, for me is enough. It works at 60 fps.

lemmywinks

« Reply #216 on: January 22, 2018, 05:32:24 pm »

On this, I've only modified full screen and normal screen modes, for me is enough. It works at 60 fps.

That's much better than the stock one, thanks! It does crash when you try and save the settings though so you have to select fullscreen each time you run the emulator.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 06:08:33 pm by lemmywinks »
Handhelds:
PC:
Psion 5 & 5MX

SNESFAN

« Reply #217 on: January 23, 2018, 04:14:34 am »
mine finally arrived today, can start doing work on the actual device now ;)

Build quality is good enough, I like the dpad/face buttons, dislike the light bleed to right side of the LCD. Shoulder buttons are mediocre, but fine. Performance on the default OS is actually not too bad at all.

Here is a quick dump of some of the built-in apps
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1i2yhqU9Cs8Fiz9jFkuKTdDtpl69vVou6?usp=sharing

can confirm the ram module is a 128MB HYNIX H5PS1G63EFR Y5C

Datasheets to include the ram module, high res images of internals, ports and connections.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1au9iApPZFOc02mtXnsIz4gTWnZez1zN0?usp=sharing

GBA card slot is a 12 of 32 pin connector slightly offset to a microsd cage in the fake GBA slot. Nothing in the motherboard for the other 20 pins to be connected into. Thinking about wiring in a serial connection to some of the unused pins and make like a UART gba card :) (UART pads are under LCD panel directly above the processor BTW)

GBAlink looks like it might actually be usable for something someday.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 04:22:16 am by SNESFAN »
Using Tapatalk

tackro

« Reply #218 on: January 23, 2018, 04:47:54 am »
mine finally arrived today, can start doing work on the actual device now ;)

Build quality is good enough, I like the dpad/face buttons, dislike the light bleed to right side of the LCD. Shoulder buttons are mediocre, but fine. Performance on the default OS is actually not too bad at all.

Here is a quick dump of some of the built-in apps
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1i2yhqU9Cs8Fiz9jFkuKTdDtpl69vVou6?usp=sharing

can confirm the ram module is a 128MB HYNIX H5PS1G63EFR Y5C

Datasheets to include the ram module, high res images of internals, ports and connections.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1au9iApPZFOc02mtXnsIz4gTWnZez1zN0?usp=sharing

GBA card slot is a 12 of 32 pin connector slightly offset to a microsd cage in the fake GBA slot. Nothing in the motherboard for the other 20 pins to be connected into. Thinking about wiring in a serial connection to some of the unused pins and make like a UART gba card :) (UART pads are under LCD panel directly above the processor BTW)

GBAlink looks like it might actually be usable for something someday.

I saw in the md folder that have actually some SMD-CD bios, someone tried to run ISOs? How about performance? It's based on picodrive, so, is it possible to bring back picodrive emu config GUI?

tackro

« Reply #219 on: January 23, 2018, 04:51:45 am »

which files do you modded? I'm a newbie on prog, so, I want to know so I can try to work on other emulators

Post a new topic
Post a new topic