Author Topic: Coolboy RS-97 RetroGame 45$ Dingux handheld  (Read 187325 times)

ADY

Re: Coolboy RS-97 RetroGame 45$ Dingux handheld
« Reply #1620 on: March 20, 2018, 01:38:48 am »
Looks like there is a new REGBA updated refined version contributed by TonyJih
What's new with it?

Princebatman

« Reply #1621 on: March 20, 2018, 01:42:50 am »
Sorry guys if you read that post, fixed my problem and pocketsnes is running.  just had to delete the first one and replace it...
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 01:46:47 am by Princebatman »

jutley

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #1622 on: March 20, 2018, 08:35:35 am »
Thank you all for your responses.
Yes, my problem is that I cannot access to roms partition.
If I connect the SD to a Windows PC it does not recognise the drive and it asks me to format the SD.
If I connect the console and press B it does nothing (same result if I press A at the promt when I connect the USB cable to the PC)
I've installed the full img through win32diskimager and I've expanded the roms partition without problems
I'll try with another SD.

Try this try a few other data cables usb leads i was having the same problem changing to a differest lead and usb port it suddenly worked. Try that first windows normally allocates drive letters automatically i dont think anything is wrong with your sd card to be honest. And when connecting pressing button b it takes a while to connect about 30 seconds or so.

pixelizedpig

« Reply #1623 on: March 20, 2018, 10:15:17 am »
If I connect the SD to a Windows PC it does not recognise the drive and it asks me to format the SD.
If I connect the console and press B it does nothing (same result if I press A at the promt when I connect the USB cable to the PC)
I've installed the full img through win32diskimager and I've expanded the roms partition without problems

Try this try a few other data cables usb leads i was having the same problem changing to a differest lead and usb port it suddenly worked. Try that first windows normally allocates drive letters automatically i dont think anything is wrong with your sd card to be honest. And when connecting pressing button b it takes a while to connect about 30 seconds or so.
at my main pc it doesn't work at my laptop it works just fine with the same cable :)

jutley

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #1624 on: March 20, 2018, 10:18:16 am »

at my main pc it doesn't work at my laptop it works just fine with the same cable :)

Yes you see computers have a mind of their own and they are all different like us ;) it will work at your pc just have to do what i descibed above.

merciman

« Reply #1625 on: March 20, 2018, 11:04:30 am »
Hey guys,

I updates successfully to the new version. Where can I edit the time for suspend (screen black). It it ways to short for me (10 seconds or so). Or can I even deactivate this power saving? Battery worked well with the last version without suspension.

jaZz_KCS

« Reply #1626 on: March 20, 2018, 11:51:48 am »
I can confirm that accessing the internal ROMS partition as well as the external SD card by plugging the device in with USB and then powering it on is possible. I never had to hold B when starting up, as it always asks when USB is detected if you want to mount or only "chrage" ;)

Tested under Debian 8 and Windows POSReady 2009 (WinXP) with multiple SD cards internally and externally up to 64GB.

HercTNT

« Reply #1627 on: March 20, 2018, 08:43:03 pm »
I can confirm that accessing the internal ROMS partition as well as the external SD card by plugging the device in with USB and then powering it on is possible. I never had to hold B when starting up, as it always asks when USB is detected if you want to mount or only "chrage" ;)

Tested under Debian 8 and Windows POSReady 2009 (WinXP) with multiple SD cards internally and externally up to 64GB.
that's how it works for me as well. if i plug it in while on, it asks to connect but never does. if it plug it in then turn it on, it asks to connect and works fine.

gibberish (OP)

« Reply #1628 on: March 20, 2018, 08:54:42 pm »
yep i have to reboot it whilst plugged in to access it.

on v1.2 i get 2 partitions show up. the ROMs one and another with gmenu2x in it. i can't see the linux filesystem, which is to be expected i spose.

i ended up breaking the upgrade by messing with gmenu2x so i flashed the 1.2 image from scratch and deleted EVERYTHING and started with a few emulators at a time. the beta snes and gba are great.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 08:56:17 pm by gibberish »

mbaran

« Reply #1629 on: March 20, 2018, 08:55:13 pm »
Hi, looking to buy one of these but am curious how GB/GBC games scale on the display.

Can anyone share a photo of GB/GBC games playing on Oh Boy in the native and scaled modes?

Thanks!

yoshi41

« Reply #1630 on: March 20, 2018, 09:48:00 pm »

I had the same problem. Couldn't connect using my main PC, but it worked with my laptop (both Win7).

Removing drivers from unknown non-present USB devices solved my problem. I guess it was a conflicting USB driver problem (I already connected my Dingoo, GCW0 and much more in the last years).

Open a Command Prompt (cmd.exe) with Administrator rights.

Code: [Select]
C:\Windows\system32>set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
C:\Windows\system32>devmgmt.msc

This opens the Device Manager.

Enable "Show hidden devices" in the View menu.

Under "Universal Serial Bus controllers" I removed the grayed out unknown devices (right mouse button -> Uninstall).

Maybe it helps in your case as well.

Emulator packs and fact sheets for Wiz, Caanoo, Dingoo and Pandora.

jim150

« Reply #1631 on: March 21, 2018, 07:16:59 am »
I finally could access to roms partition!
What I did is change the USB cable and hold B at startup.
As soon as the windows sound plays, release the B button and press A to connect to PC when asked :)

Thank you for your help and to steward for his amazing work.

jamespoo

« Reply #1632 on: March 21, 2018, 11:14:49 am »
can i keep snes games and turbografx 16 and gba and nes  in the zip or do i need to uncompress them
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 11:17:42 am by jamespoo »

HercTNT

« Reply #1633 on: March 21, 2018, 02:11:55 pm »
can i keep snes games and turbografx 16 and gba and nes  in the zip or do i need to uncompress them
that i know of all roms can remain zipped except for Turbografx. you need to uncompress those.

jutley

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #1634 on: March 21, 2018, 02:32:27 pm »
that i know of all roms can remain zipped except for Turbografx. you need to uncompress those.

i found this out to could not get temper going untill i unzipped the roms.

Post a new topic