Author Topic: RetroFW v1.2 Pre patched & IPK Releases (updated daily)  (Read 6853 times)

Jason01

Re: RetroFW v1.2 Pre patched & IPK Releases (updated daily)
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2019, 10:41:49 pm »
NeoGeo runs fine with FBA SDL and if the Bios files are in the roms shoudl run on fba a 320 too, both in the Bitgala ipk server

FBA_a320 lacks a patch to bypass a neogeo BIOS error, according to Gameblabla. So the RS-97 version crashes on a "sfix.sfx not found" error on NeoGeo roms. FBA SDL loads them fine though.

I too would like to see a patched version of FBA A320 that includes the fix for "sfix."  Without the sfix patch for FBA, how do I use clrmamepro to update my v0.2.96.86 romset to include the correct neogeo bios files?  Which neogeo bios file do I need to update my neogeo roms with?

riverinwoods

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2019, 11:09:56 pm »
@riverinwoods For uae4all, you need to rename your kickstart file into "kick.rom" before copy the file into th .uae4all folder (home/RetroFw/.uae4all). I use a kickstart1.3 and it runs well, kickstart4.0 runs on few games too ;) If it doesn't work try to find an another kickstart.
Thx k0en, I?m not sure wat kickstart version I had (i?ve Been using the same one for multiple fw?s and update versions)...but I updated my kick file and it now reads....(when I say updated I deleted and downloaded 1.3 )
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 11:20:57 pm by riverinwoods »

tophuntyer99

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2019, 07:12:05 am »
IPK for Streets of rage remake, pls!

rob1rob1

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2019, 08:12:29 am »
hi !
Maybe someone can help me : I have a problem when saving in all emulators. I have a message "read only files system" when i try to save. And nothing is saved.
Can you help me ?
Thanx

riverinwoods

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2019, 10:25:09 am »
Is there a way to configure R2 and L2 buttons for pcsx4all? R2 works but also plays with brightness at same time (is it possible to turn off?) and L2 works but if you hold it, it also is the reset button now..... can these be updated on the emulator or something? Thanks everyone for help and work too, this community is great!

gameblabla

« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2019, 11:57:23 am »
Is there a way to configure R2 and L2 buttons for pcsx4all? R2 works but also plays with brightness at same time (is it possible to turn off?) and L2 works but if you hold it, it also is the reset button now..... can these be updated on the emulator or something? Thanks everyone for help and work too, this community is great!
Yes, i am aware of these issues. But i'm not sure what new input scheme i should use instead for the RS-97.
Jbanes suggested that i should do something like Select + L for L2 and Select + R for R2.
What do you say ?

02k0

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2019, 02:11:30 pm »
Perfect.

Enviado de meu Moto G (4) usando o Tapatalk

riverinwoods

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2019, 09:23:39 pm »
Yes, i am aware of these issues. But i'm not sure what new input scheme i should use instead for the RS-97.
Jbanes suggested that i should do something like Select + L for L2 and Select + R for R2.
What do you say ?

I can?t think of a better solution than that really...might b a bit awkward if u need to d pad at the same time but I guess that?s an issue with the current configuration anyway. Also would you then put psx select button back to (select+b = select) configuration? avoiding another clash in some games e.g silent hill etc where select is used.... I?d be happy with that  :) thanks Gameblabla
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 09:30:10 pm by riverinwoods »

forktong

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2019, 02:40:13 pm »
I really love this CFW. Big thanks to everyone involved. It turned the device into something easy to use, and everything feels more logical and streamlined with it. I deleted my previous backup cause I'm never going back. As a bonus, I got the USB functionality on my 1.2!

The only thing I'm wondering is how to get emus/games/apps on this that don't have an IPK. Is that even possible? Can I put a C64 emulator on this manually?

SomeRetroGuy

« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2019, 02:06:50 pm »
hi !
Maybe someone can help me : I have a problem when saving in all emulators. I have a message "read only files system" when i try to save. And nothing is saved.
Can you help me ?
Thanx

I also seem to be having this issue. Seems that saves are working in GMenu2x but not PyMenu. I am trying to work out the issue, if i can ill post in the PyMenu topic.

R0ger

« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2019, 10:05:28 am »
Anyone knows how to exit this version of Mame4All ?-

rob1rob1

« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2019, 04:17:06 pm »
Hey !
Just one question for Jutleys : i've seen you've put a new sorr.7z file in your ipk folder. If it is what i imagine ( Street of rage), it is the game i was missing ! Can you explain how can i can install it on my rs97 ?
Thanx !

farleysmaster

« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2019, 04:26:00 pm »
Is there another gba emulator ipk that will play nes classic games?

It also looks like Donkey Kong Country isn't working.

gameblabla

« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2019, 06:12:15 pm »
Is there another gba emulator ipk that will play nes classic games?

It also looks like Donkey Kong Country isn't working.
No GBA emulator will be able to run NES classic and at decent speeds.
mGBA runs too slowly on the RS-97, so does VBA-M.
I also don't know anyone competent enough to fix reGBA for those games and Tony has yet to provide the source
code for his modified reGBA. (i have been constantly asking him for the source code, GPLv2 obliges, and he has chosen to ignore me)

You will have to suck it up.

farleysmaster

RetroFW v1.2 Pre patched & IPK Releases (updated daily)
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2019, 08:01:52 am »
No worries, I can just run the nes classic games using the nes roms!

I just got the rs-97 yesterday so I?m trying to work everything out. These games do play on RetroPie and provenance on iOS, though, so is it just a cpu thing?

I?ve also noticed gambatte frequently crashes when you try to bring up the settings screen, and I was playing one of the Alex Kidd games with picodrive (master system) and the settings screen was coming up and glitching on game start and a mouse pointer appeared. Are these known issues?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 08:09:32 am by farleysmaster »

gameblabla

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2019, 12:08:40 pm »
I just got the rs-97 yesterday so I?m trying to work everything out. These games do play on RetroPie and provenance on iOS, though, so is it just a cpu thing?
I told you the reason why NES classic don't work on reGBA : These games are very tricky for emulators to emulate as they use a lot of uncommonly used features & tricks.
Only mGBA can run them and it runs very slowly on the RS-97. That is of course if you don't mind the sluggishness of 20 FPS gaming...

I(ve also noticed gambatte frequently crashes when you try to bring up the settings screen
Yeah you're not the only one complaniing it. Pressing L can crash it hehehe

and I was playing one of the Alex Kidd games with picodrive (master system) and the settings screen was coming up and glitching on game start and a mouse pointer appeared. Are these known issues?
Picodrive is a good Megadrive emulator but it's a terrible Master system emulator. (and it does not even emulate the Game Gear)
I am ashamed to see that Tony would even add links for Master system as Picodrive emulates these terribly.
Use SMS Plus GX (my fork of it) instead for SG-1000/Master System/Game Gear.
See here :
https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/my-ipk-builds-for-retrofw/

farleysmaster

« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2019, 12:17:53 pm »
Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farleysmaster

RetroFW v1.2 Pre patched & IPK Releases (updated daily)
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2019, 05:50:02 pm »
Another annoying question. Do either of the GB emulators support games that have their own colour palettes that would normally show up on the GBC (e.g alleyway in shades of green and Super Mario land in blues and reds)? Gambatte apparently does on my iPhone (via provenance) but I can?t find the setting on the RS-97.

I?m not too bothered, but it would be cool if it could.

Sheyk90

« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2019, 12:32:31 pm »
I can't save my progress in any PSX games, How can I do it?? I always have a message with memory card error.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic