Author Topic: RetroFW and upgrades  (Read 504 times)

SomeRetroGuy (OP)

RetroFW and upgrades
« on: March 04, 2019, 03:06:29 am »
Hi Gents, first post and wanted to say thanks to all the incredible and amazing hard work going on here, could not be more stoked.

My query is around upgrading, obviously when flashing new RetroFW version you wipe the card, I would hate to have to go through and re-setup all my settings, links etc... each time there is a new version.

So I am wondering if anyone has any pointers on negating this, ie can I flash a new SD card then copy the installed apps/emus etc... and the configs, memcards all that gear over to the new card?

Alternatively are there any other suggestions?

Cheers.

kryswade

Re: RetroFW and upgrades
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 06:02:23 pm »
It's a good question and I hope that there is or will be an alternate method to update

SomeRetroGuy (OP)

Re: RetroFW and upgrades
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 05:19:13 am »
I've since updated a seperate SD card, installed 1.2 and also setup pymenu, has a few minor issues, but is really great. i think at least the pymenu setup takes a bit less time to do given its slightly easier user interface.

I am fairly certain that you can grab the pymenu files off the SD card, reflash, reinstall your IPKs and then readd the pymenu config and you are back up and running.

I will try and test it to see if this is workable.