Author Topic: Retro Game PLUS(RS-97 PLUS)coming soon  (Read 10323 times)

hi-ban

Re: Retro Game PLUS(RS-97 PLUS)coming soon
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2019, 12:17:39 am »
Bad news everyone, I was so excited to try swapping the screen out with my RS-97 v2.0 screen and it was a completely different ribbon cable (smaller, different pin layout), the connector on the motherboard was moved, the pin layout for the old connector still exists on the pcb...I am pretty bummed out at this point, does anyone know if the ribbon connector is the same for all version screens on the OG RS-97?

PS. The screen on the plus is as awful as everyone says....real shame because they did so much right.

You can't just swap the screen using the existing connector. You must solder all the components which are missing on the circuit board of the rs-97 plus. That includes resistors, capacitors, a 51-pin connector for the "new" screen, and some more components.

peteo

« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2019, 08:17:20 pm »
So is basically every one saying stay away from the Plus since it does not look like custom firmware will be made for it?

Elegubiel

« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2019, 11:16:40 pm »
Hope they Will do something.....

jbanes

« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2019, 11:47:32 pm »
So is basically every one saying stay away from the Plus since it does not look like custom firmware will be made for it?

If you haven't already purchased one, then yeah. Avoid.

At least until the next version of it is out. Word is they're going back to the same screen as the 3.0 board. Which I assume means we?re back to 480 lines. Which I'm totally okay with now that we have IPU support.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 02:50:05 am by jbanes »