Author Topic: Retro Game PLUS(RS-97 PLUS)coming soon  (Read 3764 times)

skelton

Re: Retro Game PLUS(RS-97 PLUS)coming soon
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2019, 04:39:42 pm »
They should have used a cheapo ARM rather than the same ingenic again.....
Ingenic cheap, have high perfomance/energy consumption.

Отправлено с моего LLD-L31 через Tapatalk

High performance.... no. Even the ultra old ARM in the openpandora was faster. Probably even the old allwinner a13 is faster and costs 1 dollar (what many chinese manufactureres include in their pandoras box 6s and wtc). Also, most emus would benefit from using ARM than having to rewrite MIPS dynarecs. I guess they use ingenic because opendingux is done, and is easy to adapt gcw zero or dingoo ports to the new ingenic, as a convenience, but even the 4770 of GCW Zero is quite limited and struggles with lot of emus. Vivante Gpus don?t help either.

I don't  know, maybe is just me, but if a Plus version is the same specs with a questionable analog... I don't think as a great upgrade.
Ratio perfomance/energy consumption is very great. On 2000 mah accumulator about 7 hours game. Old Arm so can?

Отправлено с моего LLD-L31 через Tapatalk

Yep, an a13 most probably can. And even if it's5 hours or so I think the difference in performance is better than battery time. But just my ioinion, I am not trying to convince the company making these devices, just making suggestions.
Retired

arthfader

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2019, 05:23:37 pm »
will we be able to run useless on this?

Bitboy

• Retrogamers97-90
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2019, 11:35:57 am »
I have useless working on this but waiting for custom kernel and fully ported emulators and games then i will release a firmware and may be even a pymenu firmware too for it.

LauweLoempia

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2019, 05:29:17 pm »
Great work @Bitboy ! I would love to compare the RS-97 PLUS to the original model, especially the screens ^__^

Eurynomos

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2019, 05:18:43 am »
anyone tried CPS3 and PGM in FBA emulation for this?

Post a new topic