Author Topic: PocketGo V2.1 custom kernel: Incorrect mapping?  (Read 170 times)

nekomichi (OP)

PocketGo V2.1 custom kernel: Incorrect mapping?
« on: June 02, 2020, 01:50:16 pm »
Hi all, I just want to preface this by saying I'm not experienced with working on Linux kernels at all so please bear with me.

I am currently using the PocketGo V2.1 with Rogue CFW 1.0.8. My original intention is to build a custom kernel with a custom boot logo and I did this by downloading the master source from github and replacing logo_pg2_clut224.ppm inside /kernel/drivers/video/logo/ with my own ascii-pnmnoraw'ed file. I then ran the following commands from the kernel folder:

Code: [Select]
$ make ARCH=mips pocketgo2_defconfig
$ make ARCH=mips vmlinuz.bin -j4
$ make ARCH=mips modules -j4
$ ./create_modules_fs/sh

These commands generated two files: vmlinuz.bin and modules.squashfs, which I copied to the /update/ folder. I then cd'ed to the main project folder and ran the following command:

Code: [Select]
$ ./create_kernel.sh
This produced the .opk update file which I then transferred to my micro SD card and launched on the device.

The update was applied successfully and my custom boot logo works fine, however this seems to have remapped some of my keys. L2, R2, and the volume buttons are no longer mapped while the analog stick seems to have been rotated 90 degrees anti-clockwise (pushing up is detected as left on the button test app). Pressing L2 is now mapped to L1.

Can anyone please check my steps and let me know what exactly I did wrong? I'm guessing perhaps it loaded the button mapping for the PocketGo V2 instead of the V2.1, but I'm not 100% sure if that's the case or even what to do to fix this.

For now, I've reverted back to the original kernel.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 02:49:45 pm by nekomichi »

nekomichi (OP)

Re: PocketGo V2.1 custom kernel: Incorrect mapping?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 03:27:07 am »
Update: SOLVED!
Turn out I've been a silly-sally and didn't realise that the kernel included with the CFW's source is for the V2 only and the V2.1's kernel had to be separately downloaded from elsewhere. Whoops! Now the custom kernel is working fully.

Post a new topic