• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Pocket Go 2: No Sound From Speaker  (Read 2255 times)

surt (OP)

Pocket Go 2: No Sound From Speaker
« on: December 30, 2019, 01:45:44 am »
My Pocket Go 2 just arrived but I'm not getting any sound out of the speaker.
Sound works fine out of the headphone jack.
In Sound Mixer the "Speakers" setting doesn't show a volume bar, just a box with "00", volume buttons change the PCM setting.

Any ideas how to get the speakers working, or is my unit defective?

Ninoh-FOX

Re: Pocket Go 2: No Sound From Speaker
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 05:20:14 am »
The speaker for this console is conect with an click in the board, open the console and check that the conecton click it is ok.

Amade9

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 11:04:43 pm »
Has this issue been resolved?. The exact same problem is on my unit, and I can?t figure it out. Upgraded firmware and still no sound from external speaker.

iball

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 11:34:48 pm »
That's the problem with getting devices like these from China either right before or right after a major Chinese holiday.
They go from non-existent QA/QC before shipping to just being sloppily put together and shipped right out in a broken state.

gameblabla

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 12:15:09 am »
Someone on discord was complaining about his PocketGo 2 not outputting sound from his speakers and it turns out on the motherboard that the speaker's female port on the motherboard was shoddly soldered in. You might want to check it out.
⚠ WARNING ⚠
If you are using any of my forks, emulators or ports, you are being influenced by propaganda !

iball

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2020, 01:12:25 am »
Someone on discord was complaining about his PocketGo 2 not outputting sound from his speakers and it turns out on the motherboard that the speaker's female port on the motherboard was shoddly soldered in. You might want to check it out.

Probably a cold solder joint that broke.  The RG350 also has cold solder joints all over it, particularly at the hand-soldered connections.

Amade9

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2020, 11:39:56 pm »
Thanks! I?ll try it out. That solder joint looks pretty tight and tiny

surt (OP)

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2020, 09:33:10 pm »
The speaker for this console is conect with an click in the board, open the console and check that the conecton click it is ok.
Cheers. Opened up and was already seated properly. Tried disconnecting and reconnecting with no change. No visually obvious cause looking at the speaker and wires.

Has this issue been resolved?. The exact same problem is on my unit, and I can?t figure it out. Upgraded firmware and still no sound from external speaker.
No never fixed. Eventually got a refund after disputing with PayPal.

After the refund I opened up again to see if there's anything else
I could do, but nothing so put it back together and gone basically completely dead. LEDs light up with USB power but otherwise nothing. No rough handling so not sure why. Didn't use a wrist strap, but then who does.

Useless to me so if anyone in the south-east Queensland, Australia area wants to pick it up to fix or scavenge for parts let me know.

Post a new topic