Author Topic: Pocket Go 2 Ext4 Access Win7  (Read 926 times)

fakk3 (OP)

Pocket Go 2 Ext4 Access Win7
« on: December 31, 2019, 12:31:24 am »
Does anyone know how to access to ext4 partition on a "pocket go 2" sd card? In win7, after enabling ext4 in the BOOTICE program, information appears that the partition is unformatted. I would like to add my own games and delete Chinese games but I do not have access to this partition.

iball

Re: Pocket Go 2 Ext4 Access Win7
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 12:36:49 am »
Does anyone know how to access to ext4 partition on a "pocket go 2" sd card? In win7, after enabling ext4 in the BOOTICE program, information appears that the partition is unformatted. I would like to add my own games and delete Chinese games but I do not have access to this partition.
1)  Install VirtualBox
2)  Create Ubuntu desktop virtual machine inside VirtualBox
3)  Insert micro-SD adapter into your Windows PC
4)  Click on the USB icon in the Ubuntu VM and click on the micro-sd card adapter to map it to the VM
5)  Entire drive and all partitions should now show up in the Ubuntu VM allowing to resize partitions, copy files, etc.
6)  When done with micro-SD card, right-click one of the partitions and select eject/unmount.
7)  Click on the USB icon in the Ubuntu VM in Virtual box and uncheck the micro-SD card adapter.
8 )  Micro-SD adapter is then remounted in windows.  Click on the USB devices icon in Windows and eject the drive.
9)  Put micro-sd card in Pocket Go 2, turn it on, enjoy.

npaladin2000

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 07:45:37 am »
Probably easier and more reliable to just use Dingux Commander to delete the ROMs on the device itself. Then you can copy whatever you need off of a FAT32 SD card in the other slot.
Join the RetroGameHandhelds Discord: https://discord.gg/p4uRmCd

Partitipate in the RetroGameHandhelds GitHub, Wikis and FAQs: https://github.com/retrogamehandheld

ace9094

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 09:06:30 am »

I know many people cant afford 2 devices but If you have another device running open dingux like an RG350, boot the device then insert memory card from your "pocket go 2" and FTP manage the data that way :) Thats what I had to do... I made a roms folder in the "Share" folder and that seems to work OK :)
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

fakk3 (OP)

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 04:58:55 pm »
I solved my problem myself. All you need is a program called DiskGenius v5.1.2.766 Professional. It allows free exploration and editing of sd card data attached to the console. The application must be registered to fully work. The trial version only allows you to delete and view files.

ace9094

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2020, 03:50:28 am »
I solved my problem myself. All you need is a program called DiskGenius v5.1.2.766 Professional. It allows free exploration and editing of sd card data attached to the console. The application must be registered to fully work. The trial version only allows you to delete and view files.

It is VERY expensive :(
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

fakk3 (OP)

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2020, 06:31:36 am »

It is VERY expensive :(

In legal way, yes ;)

davidgilmour

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2020, 11:54:29 pm »
Probably easier and more reliable to just use Dingux Commander to delete the ROMs on the device itself. Then you can copy whatever you need off of a FAT32 SD card in the other slot.
How do I mount the sd card in the second slot? I could not find it!

RupeeClock

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 12:02:08 am »

Should be under /media on root of the device, with the microSD card's name listed as a directory.
If the microSD card isn't listed, it might not be ready or compatible.
The card needs to be formatted as FAT32, and maximum supported capacity is 128GB.
You can use guiformat on Windows to format it properly.

davidgilmour

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2020, 02:10:10 pm »

Should be under /media on root of the device, with the microSD card's name listed as a directory.
If the microSD card isn't listed, it might not be ready or compatible.
The card needs to be formatted as FAT32, and maximum supported capacity is 128GB.
You can use guiformat on Windows to format it properly.
Yes, that worked. Thanks. How much internal gb has the pocketgo?

RupeeClock

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2020, 08:43:33 pm »
Yes, that worked. Thanks. How much internal gb has the pocketgo?

I believe it actually has none at all.
Like the GCW Zero, the device uses a microSD card as the internal flash memory, which holds the firmware and any other data you want on it.
The difference is that the Pocket Go 2 opted to make it accessible via TF slot 1, no needing to open up the case.

The Pocket Go 2 I received from Retromimi came with a 32GB microSD in TF Slot 1, which has the stock firmware on it at the moment.

surt

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2020, 11:59:12 pm »
I use Ext2FSD to access my desktop linux Ext4 partions from Windows. I presume it should work fine for your Pocket Go as well.

rbg_gamer

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2020, 05:38:59 pm »
imho, just use the rogue firmware, it allows the games/apps/rom partition as fat32 and allows more fs access on the secondary card.  You can always just dump your ofw roms/apps via ext4 viewer in win7/10, then copy them back over to the secondary card.

akaVanguard

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2020, 06:44:26 pm »
I use Paragon Linux FIle Systems
Link: https://www.paragon-drivers.com/en/lfswin/

Lets you access linux file-systems on your windows machine.
Probably the simplest solution.

Post a new topic