Author Topic: POCKET GO 2 "ROGUE" OFW  (Read 40749 times)

nekomichi

Re: POCKET GO 2 "ROGUE" OFW
« Reply #240 on: June 15, 2020, 10:29:52 am »
I don't have the expertise to help but thank you for your work, hope you're able to get it working properly.  Really not a fan of the rogue boot and I wish it was easier to change or we could switch it for something more neutral.
I got it to work in the end, it's now possible to change the boot logo by running a .opk file from the apps folder. Would you like a copy of the one I made? Or alternatively, if you have a custom image you'd like to have as the boot logo I can try to build an update file that will install it for you.

suanlafendj

« Reply #241 on: June 16, 2020, 04:00:29 am »
version  1.0.8       Why did it disappear? ;D ;D ;D ;D

ace9094

« Reply #242 on: June 16, 2020, 08:24:31 pm »

It didn't.... That was what I though at first, however when I deleted part of the URL back highlighted in red then it clicked POCKETGO2 it was there.... https://github.com/Ninoh-FOX/POCKETGO2_ROGUE_CFW/releases/tag/1.0.8

Below is the link, click that then choose 1.0.8 and it will download :)

https://github.com/Ninoh-FOX/POCKETGO2_ROGUE_CFW
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

suanlafendj

« Reply #243 on: June 17, 2020, 02:07:21 am »

It didn't.... That was what I though at first, however when I deleted part of the URL back highlighted in red then it clicked POCKETGO2 it was there.... https://github.com/Ninoh-FOX/POCKETGO2_ROGUE_CFW/releases/tag/1.0.8

Below is the link, click that then choose 1.0.8 and it will download :)

https://github.com/Ninoh-FOX/POCKETGO2_ROGUE_CFW

ok,thanks ;D

Retrocade81

« Reply #244 on: June 18, 2020, 12:37:57 am »
I don't have the expertise to help but thank you for your work, hope you're able to get it working properly.  Really not a fan of the rogue boot and I wish it was easier to change or we could switch it for something more neutral.
I got it to work in the end, it's now possible to change the boot logo by running a .opk file from the apps folder. Would you like a copy of the one I made? Or alternatively, if you have a custom image you'd like to have as the boot logo I can try to build an update file that will install it for you.

Can you build me the update file with your Gameboy style boot screen please, I have a PG2 V2.1 on rogue 1.0.8.
Thanks

nekomichi

« Reply #245 on: June 18, 2020, 10:42:00 am »
Can you build me the update file with your Gameboy style boot screen please, I have a PG2 V2.1 on rogue 1.0.8.
Thanks

Just to confirm, does your PocketGo have the reset button on the bottom-right of the unit? This update will only work for that model and not the original V2 model. If you have the original V2 model, please let me know so I can build a version specifically for it. (I get confused because V2.1 can mean either generation 2 version 1, or generation 2 revision 1, which mean different things)

The link to the updater file is here. Copy this .opk file to your apps folder and run it from the applications section, then follow the on-screen prompts. After the update, go to the system test app and make sure all of your buttons are functioning.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 11:48:42 am by nekomichi »

Retrocade81

« Reply #246 on: June 18, 2020, 01:54:06 pm »
Fantastic! Yes its the v2.1 with the reset and glossy case finish. Thank you!!!

ace9094

« Reply #247 on: June 19, 2020, 08:31:49 pm »
Thanks

Hi nekomichi,

I know this is s a huge ask, but is there anyway you could please build a Playstion style Boot screen for the RG350 and the MiYoo MAX ? (I believe the MiYoo MAX is rebranded v1 Pocket Go 2 / Play Go 2)

Or may be would you create a video tutorial on how to do it on a Windows 10 PC ?

It would very be much appreciated :)

Thanks
ace
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

nekomichi

« Reply #248 on: June 19, 2020, 11:59:56 pm »
Hi nekomichi,

I know this is s a huge ask, but is there anyway you could please build a Playstion style Boot screen for the RG350 and the MiYoo MAX ? (I believe the MiYoo MAX is rebranded v1 Pocket Go 2 / Play Go 2)

Or may be would you create a video tutorial on how to do it on a Windows 10 PC ?

It would very be much appreciated :)

Thanks
ace

I don't have the kernel source or other required resources to build for the RG350, but I might be able to make something for the Miyoo Max. Did you want something like this, with the original Playstation logo and the word "Miyoo Max" below it in the trademark Playstation font?

Here's a sample of what I had in mind:
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 12:11:13 am by nekomichi »

ace9094

« Reply #249 on: June 20, 2020, 06:48:35 am »

Awesome, Thank You nekomich, Thats great !!

I really like the "Powered By OpenDingix etc"  But have a PlayStation bezel fitted :)  How about a little glow effect?

« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 07:24:27 am by ace9094 »

ace9094

« Reply #250 on: June 20, 2020, 07:48:33 am »

Awesome, Thank You nekomich, Thats great !!

I really like the "Powered By OpenDingix etc"  But have a PlayStation bezel fitted :) How about a little glow effect?

I think This one below... What do you think ?

« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 09:12:03 am by ace9094 »

nekomichi

« Reply #251 on: June 20, 2020, 03:08:17 pm »

Here's what it would look like on the device:

I've built an updater that installs this as the boot logo, it can be found here. It was built with the PocketGo V2 original model as the target device, I can't guarantee it has the exact same button mappings as the Miyoo Max. After installing this update, please run the button checker app and confirm that all buttons are properly mapped. If you want to be extra-safe, flash a spare micro SD card with your CFW and test this on that one first before installing it on your main card.

ace9094

« Reply #252 on: June 20, 2020, 08:34:52 pm »

Here's what it would look like on the device:

I've built an updater that installs this as the boot logo, it can be found here. It was built with the PocketGo V2 original model as the target device, I can't guarantee it has the exact same button mappings as the Miyoo Max. After installing this update, please run the button checker app and confirm that all buttons are properly mapped. If you want to be extra-safe, flash a spare micro SD card with your CFW and test this on that one first before installing it on your main card.

That looks this business...  THANK YOU VERY MUCH INDEED.... Greatly appreciated !!!!

EDDIT - Treid and Tested... All working fine :)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 11:27:40 am by ace9094 »

a330boy

« Reply #253 on: June 22, 2020, 08:36:58 pm »
How do the new GMenu2x previews work? What are the types and the corresponding directory and file naming convention under . previews?

Place a folder titled: .previews in each rom folder. Dot-files will not appear in your rom directory when you are playing/choosing roms to play (but you WILL be able to see them when using DinguxComdr). Place the .png files in the .previews folder, matching the names of the .png with the names of the rom files. The pics will appear when you move through the list. The anchor seems to be the upper right corner, so smaller pics will be up in the upper right of the screen.

it looks like the text of the rom title will appear over the pics, so I'm going to try some 320x240 images, and see what they look like taking up the whole screen, with the list over them.

In the settings of gmenu2x (accessed by pressing 'start' when on any screen), the last setting is 'Preview type' - 2 is solid, 1 is transparent, if you wish to see the background bleed through the images.

EDIT: Whoops! I initially stated the folder name should be '.preview' - it should be plural: .previews - I've corrected that in my text above.

can you please show how 320x240 images looked like?

Vinc3Has3

• The Not Sane For Work Podcast
« Reply #254 on: June 23, 2020, 12:34:44 pm »

These are examples of my final version. The latest firmware allows you to choose how opaque you want the images, and I went for fully solid, no background showing. I then created a pic for each game that included the background I am using for the main menus. The lists appear over them. Yes, longer titles appear over part of the game pictures, but it works pretty well for me.

bangity

« Reply #255 on: June 23, 2020, 03:49:18 pm »
Is it possible to enable Cheats support on the PCSX4ALL. I have the v2.1. Which toolchain and OS did you use to compile it? Please let me know.

Thanks.

EDIT: Ninoh helped. Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 02:42:28 am by bangity »

a330boy

« Reply #256 on: June 24, 2020, 08:57:03 pm »

These are examples of my final version. The latest firmware allows you to choose how opaque you want the images, and I went for fully solid, no background showing. I then created a pic for each game that included the background I am using for the main menus. The lists appear over them. Yes, longer titles appear over part of the game pictures, but it works pretty well for me.

Very nice, but you have images on how it looked on your device with a list of games?

Ninoh-FOX (OP)

« Reply #257 on: July 02, 2020, 12:39:03 pm »
release 1.0.9

-gmenu2x-
Several changes have been added, including:

NOTE: you will have to delete the file /media/data/.linker so that you can reconfigure gmenu2x, and calm, it has been modified so that it saves the personal changes of the opks

- option to change brightness
- new theme in pixel mode (this does not support all fonts)
- New way to monitor the battery.
- the titles can now be read in two lines
there are more changes, but I don't remember them all XD

-kernel-
- boot mode has been changed, now read mininit-syspart file from boot partition. This way you can update without having to recompile the kernel.

- cleaned unnecessary drivers.

- gpu frequency corrected according to the cpu.

- Battery capacity has been corrected.

-General-

- Added ROGUE Manual
- Added news combo keys (see the manual)
- Updated some libraries.

nekomichi

« Reply #258 on: July 02, 2020, 02:25:43 pm »
release 1.0.9

-gmenu2x-

NOTE: you will have to delete the file /media/data/.linker so that you can reconfigure gmenu2x, and calm, it has been modified so that it saves the personal changes of the opks

-kernel-
- boot mode has been changed, now read mininit-syspart file from boot partition. This way you can update without having to recompile the kernel.

-General-

- Added ROGUE Manual

Thanks for the update!
I tested the update .opk on both PocketGo 2V1 and 2V2 (I downloaded both versions and made sure to use the correct version on each hardware model), the 1.0.9 update works on PocketGo 2V2 but on the 2V1 it would detect the installed rootfs as corrupted. I then took the rootfs.squashfs and re-built an updater from the source and it works. I think the rootfs.squashfs.sha1 inside pocketgo2-update-1.0.9-2020-07-02.opk might be corrupted.

Ninoh-FOX (OP)

« Reply #259 on: July 02, 2020, 08:23:39 pm »
release 1.0.9

-gmenu2x-

-kernel-

-General-

- Added ROGUE Manual

Thanks for the update!
I tested the update .opk on both PocketGo 2V1 and 2V2 (I downloaded both versions and made sure to use the correct version on each hardware model), the 1.0.9 update works on PocketGo 2V2 but on the 2V1 it would detect the installed rootfs as corrupted. I then took the rootfs.squashfs and re-built an updater from the source and it works. I think the rootfs.squashfs.sha1 inside pocketgo2-update-1.0.9-2020-07-02.opk might be corrupted.

Not is corrupted, this happen when the rootfs.squash.bak.sha1 not is erase correcty.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic