Author Topic: POCKET GO 2 "ROGUE" OFW  (Read 70808 times)

Ninoh-FOX (OP)

Re: POCKET GO 2 "ROGUE" OFW
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2020, 06:01:01 pm »
Did a fresh install to SD with v1.0.1
I can say the clock does not work anymore. I gets reset after a reboot.

Is there a way to just remove or hide the clock in Gmenu2x?
Or maybe that can be build in?

yes, I saw this today too, this is fixed now, I need make the release and too about the stick

Panja

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2020, 07:54:22 pm »
Ok, cool. Good work mate!  ;D

Ninoh-FOX (OP)

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2020, 10:37:45 pm »

Mario bros 3, release!!

Panja

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2020, 09:20:26 am »

Mario bros 3, release!!

AWESOME!  8)
You're my hero.

I can just "flash" the new OPK over my v1.0.1 install right?

Also, would it be possible to hide the clock in Gmenu2x?
Is that something that can be accomplished?

What do you mean with:
Gmenu2x now can show two type of previews (put in /(romsdir)/.previews/).

Heads up:
Your title "RELEASE 1.0.2" in the first post redirects to the v1.0.1 release url instead of v1.0.2
https://github.com/Ninoh-FOX/POCKETGO2_ROGUE_CFW/releases/tag/v1.0.2
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 09:47:45 am by Panja »

Ninoh-FOX (OP)

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2020, 09:59:03 am »

Mario bros 3, release!!

AWESOME!  8)
You're my hero.

I can just "flash" the new OPK over my v1.0.1 install right?

Also, would it be possible to hide the clock in Gmenu2x?
Is that something that can be accomplished?

What do you mean with:
Gmenu2x now can show two type of previews (put in /(romsdir)/.previews/).

Heads up:
Your title "RELEASE 1.0.2" in the first post redirects to the v1.0.1 release url instead of v1.0.2
https://github.com/Ninoh-FOX/POCKETGO2_ROGUE_CFW/releases/tag/v1.0.2
You can update directly.

What happen with the link?

Oh, I see, fixed the link

Enviado desde mi Redmi 4 mediante Tapatalk

« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 10:02:21 am by Ninoh-FOX »

Nikojiro

« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2020, 12:27:39 pm »
Hi, I just updated to 1.0.2 (OPK update from 1.0.1).

I can't set the date and time with the clock app. If I press select it closes... How come? Is there a settings folder in home (I copied over my home form RG350).

-EDIT-

I will try a clean flash of 1.0.2, and report.

-EDIT 2 -

Still happening after a clean flash. You need a very short press on select otherwise it exits. Very finicky. I was able to set time though. A minor issue but it should probably be adressed.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 02:54:53 pm by Nikojiro »

Nikojiro

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2020, 03:46:00 pm »
Another question, where should my external sd card be mounted? Can't see it in /media nor /mnt...

Ninoh-FOX (OP)

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2020, 04:19:24 pm »
Hi, I just updated to 1.0.2 (OPK update from 1.0.1).

I can't set the date and time with the clock app. If I press select it closes... How come? Is there a settings folder in home (I copied over my home form RG350).

-EDIT-

I will try a clean flash of 1.0.2, and report.

-EDIT 2 -

Still happening after a clean flash. You need a very short press on select otherwise it exits. Very finicky. I was able to set time though. A minor issue but it should probably be adressed.

the clock controls is: Select to set, Start for exit.
                             - in set mode, you can change the date with the dpad controls, UP +, DOWN -, LEFT/RIGHT change between hour, minute, second, day, month and year.
                             - Press A button for save the changes in the clock system.
                             - Press Start for exit.

Another question, where should my external sd card be mounted? Can't see it in /media nor /mnt...

sdcard is in /media/sdcard

/mnt is for mount the opk files
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 04:20:57 pm by Ninoh-FOX »

Nikojiro

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2020, 05:10:11 pm »
Ok thanks, it works now. My external SD card had a wrong fat, so it would not mount.

How do the new GMenu2x previews work? What are the types and the corresponding directory and file naming convention under . previews?

Vinc3Has3

• The Not Sane For Work Podcast
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2020, 06:14:46 pm »
How do the new GMenu2x previews work? What are the types and the corresponding directory and file naming convention under . previews?

Place a folder titled: .previews in each rom folder. Dot-files will not appear in your rom directory when you are playing/choosing roms to play (but you WILL be able to see them when using DinguxComdr). Place the .png files in the .previews folder, matching the names of the .png with the names of the rom files. The pics will appear when you move through the list. The anchor seems to be the upper right corner, so smaller pics will be up in the upper right of the screen.

it looks like the text of the rom title will appear over the pics, so I'm going to try some 320x240 images, and see what they look like taking up the whole screen, with the list over them.

In the settings of gmenu2x (accessed by pressing 'start' when on any screen), the last setting is 'Preview type' - 2 is solid, 1 is transparent, if you wish to see the background bleed through the images.

EDIT: Whoops! I initially stated the folder name should be '.preview' - it should be plural: .previews - I've corrected that in my text above.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 12:20:08 am by Vinc3Has3 »

Nikojiro

« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2020, 06:36:31 pm »
Ok great, thank you. So I should be able to use the same previews for GMenu2x and esoteric.

I hope centering, filters and aliases will also come to GMenu2x in the future.

Xaijiqq

« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2020, 02:04:59 am »
just got my playgo powering on i can't get to the menu it just goes from the logo to wall of text sometimes in loops.  what are the steps/programs recommended for windows 10 users?  does the smaller partition need to be extended up to a certain amount in order to boot correctly? 
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 05:23:17 pm by Xaijiqq »

godofrandomness

« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2020, 08:39:25 am »
I installed Rogue 1.2 on my pocketgo 2, and I seemed to hit a bug.  My R2 button does not respond.  it works with the stock firmware, along with the 1,0 build of Rogue, so I can rule out my hardware being the problem.

I love what I see other wise, thank you!

Panja

« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2020, 03:06:25 pm »
Would it be possible to add one or more extra overclock step(s) in to the firmware?
1080MHz is already great for most games but maybe we can squeeze a little more out of the device?
Maybe great 3 steps: 1000 - 1080 - 1150 (ish)?
People that don't want an overclock can go back to 1000MHz.

Just my 2 cents.  8)

Ninoh-FOX (OP)

« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2020, 04:55:26 pm »
I installed Rogue 1.2 on my pocketgo 2, and I seemed to hit a bug.  My R2 button does not respond.  it works with the stock firmware, along with the 1,0 build of Rogue, so I can rule out my hardware being the problem.

I love what I see other wise, thank you!

Nothing has been touched on buttons since I created the first functional kernel, as it is manufactured, I was not surprised that the button starts to fail.

Would it be possible to add one or more extra overclock step(s) in to the firmware?
1080MHz is already great for most games but maybe we can squeeze a little more out of the device?
Maybe great 3 steps: 1000 - 1080 - 1150 (ish)?
People that don't want an overclock can go back to 1000MHz.

Just my 2 cents.  8)

No, this is not possible,  the console only can divisible the cpu freq in /1 /3 and /6 valors.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 05:00:18 pm by Ninoh-FOX »

Panja

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2020, 05:17:50 pm »
Make the next step 2160MHz than!  :P

Just kidding. Thanks for the explanation.

fonzi

« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2020, 06:38:39 pm »
just got my playgo powering on i can't get to the menu it just goes from the logo to wall of text sometimes in loops.  what are the steps/programs recommended for windows 10 users?  does the smaller partition need to be extended up to a certain amount in order to boot correctly?
Same with me when trying this firmare.
Yeah,was wondering too,does it need to be extended.
Or did I miss something else.

However,with the stock firmware what happened to me was launching many roms from any of the emu's would cause the unit to reboot.
And some apps,like changing wallpaper,launching clock for eg would cause the unit to freeze.
So first I tried flash of the clean disk image available,same thing.
So then I thought Id this Rogue firmare,but it just loops for me.
(Stiil have original 32GB card it came with ofcourse so Ive been doing this with spare 16GB card)

Xaijiqq

« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2020, 07:08:08 pm »
However,with the stock firmware what happened to me was launching many roms from any of the emu's would cause the unit to reboot.
And some apps,like changing wallpaper,launching clock for eg would cause the unit to freeze.
So first I tried flash of the clean disk image available,same thing.
So then I thought Id this Rogue firmare,but it just loops for me.
(Stiil have original 32GB card it came with ofcourse so Ive been doing this with spare 16GB card)
so far i've only tried on the latest 1.0.2 firmware release with the stock 16gb.  i'll see if i have any luck with different cards and maybe older release

well you got to see the menu thats at least something  :)

some images of the boot attempt:

« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 07:25:34 pm by Xaijiqq »

fonzi

« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2020, 07:32:11 pm »

so far i've only tried on the latest 1.0.2 firmware release with the stock 16gb.  i'll see if i have any luck with different cards and maybe older release

well you got to see the menu thats at least something  :)
No,I didnt see the menu with the Rogue FM,Im having exact same issue as your pics,
Only the stock firmare it came with I seen the menu.
And mine came with 32GB card, Odd.

Also,I tried diff card and older v1.0 release,same thing,No go.

godofrandomness

« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2020, 09:14:38 pm »
Nothing has been touched on buttons since I created the first functional kernel, as it is manufactured, I was not surprised that the button starts to fail.

That's weird.  I do not think its a hardware failure.  When I downgrade back to rogue 1.0, ithe R2 button responds fine in the HW tester, but then reupgrading back up to 1.0.2 it stops responding again.  It also responds normal on the stock firmware still (which is on another sd card).