• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: POCKET GO 2 "ROGUE" OFW  (Read 56322 times)

Nikojiro

Re: POCKET GO 2 "ROGUE" OFW
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2020, 10:13:15 pm »
What version of esoteric ships with 1.0.2? Can it be updated with opk releases from podulator?

lemmywinks

« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2020, 10:57:04 pm »
Upgraded from 1.0.1 and no issues, all buttons working. Using a decent 16gb SD card I had lying around.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, PlayGo, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket c/w screen mod, PSP Go
PC:
Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

fonzi

« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2020, 02:11:11 am »
So...anyone know why me and Xaijiqq are getting boot looping with this firmware?
Suggestions?
Did we miss something?

Just about ready to return mine (if I can).

Ninoh-FOX (OP)

« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2020, 08:36:11 am »
Nothing has been touched on buttons since I created the first functional kernel, as it is manufactured, I was not surprised that the button starts to fail.

That's weird.  I do not think its a hardware failure.  When I downgrade back to rogue 1.0, ithe R2 button responds fine in the HW tester, but then reupgrading back up to 1.0.2 it stops responding again.  It also responds normal on the stock firmware still (which is on another sd card).

This weekend I go to test the code again.

Vinc3Has3

• The Not Sane For Work Podcast
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2020, 06:08:44 pm »
@Ninoh-FOX - Just wanted to take a moment and thank you for moving your Rogue FW to the new PocketGo - I hope they gave you a little more than just the handheld for your efforts!

Also, let me know if you have any donation/payment links - I'm not made of money, but I'll gladly buy you a beer...  ;)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 09:11:02 pm by Vinc3Has3 »

flarghon

« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2020, 07:07:36 pm »
@Ninoh-FOX I also would like to say thanks for your work on bringing this to the PocketGo.  The few issues I had with my device on the stock FW seem to have gone away once I installed yours!

One thing I would like to ask about is the overall system volume.  Is there any way you can set the default system volume to something like 25-50%?  The device is so loud by default that I usually just have it set 1 "click" above being off and it's still very loud.  This can be mitigated a little by if the emulator has a master volume control, but some like PocketSNES have no built in audio control. 

Thanks again for the work you've put into this!

Ninoh-FOX (OP)

« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2020, 07:33:13 pm »
@Ninoh-FOX I also would like to say thanks for your work on bringing this to the PocketGo.  The few issues I had with my device on the stock FW seem to have gone away once I installed yours!

One thing I would like to ask about is the overall system volume.  Is there any way you can set the default system volume to something like 25-50%?  The device is so loud by default that I usually just have it set 1 "click" above being off and it's still very loud.  This can be mitigated a little by if the emulator has a master volume control, but some like PocketSNES have no built in audio control. 

Thanks again for the work you've put into this!

Unfortunately, the volume seems to be a hardware thing, at the end of the month I will look at how you can lower the sound of the speaker by hardmod and post it.

@Ninoh-FOX - Just wanted to take a moment and thank you for moving your Rogue FW to the new PocketGo - I hope they gave you a little more than just the handheld for your efforts!

Also, let me know if you have any donation/payment links - I?m not made of money, but I?ll gladly buy you a beer...  ;)

I go to post my paypal.me in the first page

godofrandomness

« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2020, 08:19:28 pm »
This weekend I go to test the code again.

Thank you.  If it helps, it seems whatever may have changed after 1.0.0 is causing it.  I tried the 1.0.1 update and it is still the same problem as 1.0.2, but going back to 1.0.0 again makes the button respond flawlessly.   

Thank you for all this again

Xaijiqq

« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2020, 12:21:48 am »
there was a user from another forum who posted recommending diskgenius to extend partition.  what software are members here using?  were there any others that worked successfully for windows 10?  looks to be some clash with the os/software also maybe something with ext4

fonzi

« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2020, 03:17:30 am »
there was a user from another forum who posted recommending diskgenius to extend partition......  looks to be some clash with the os/software also maybe something with ext4
I did try that.
I used diskgenious to extend the ext4 parition part on the SD card after flashing the img with etcher.
Didnt help either.
Still bootloops for me.

FYI flashing actually creates two paritions on the SD card,one FAT32 and one EXT4 which has the OS/FW on.
Thats why when you just use windows for eg to check your SD card after flashing you will only see just under 400MB capacity in fat32 format,cause thats all windows can see.
You will see if you diskgenious or something similar then you can see both paritions on the card and the contents of both paritions too.

New to all this linux stuff so was all trial/error and discovery for me lol

But again I ask. Anyone know why a few is us here are just getting bootlooping with any version of Rogue FW?
Suggestions?

Xaijiqq

« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2020, 04:05:16 am »
there was a user from another forum who posted recommending diskgenius to extend partition......  looks to be some clash with the os/software also maybe something with ext4
I did try that.
I used diskgenious to extend the ext4 parition part on the SD card after flashing the img with etcher.
Didnt help either.
Still bootloops for me.
thanks for the info.  heard the partition-type must be logical and not primary.  i tried this it looked to get rid of the "re-reading the partition table failed...." red text warning but the looping is still there

krait

« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2020, 06:46:29 am »
Could you fix the volume issue on next update?
The volmue is too loud on lowest setting

SkyingHigh

« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2020, 07:22:37 am »
I just tested stock and can confirm that there is some kind of bug going on with the 1.0.2 rogue OFW. The issue can be replicated with the button testing app. Basically what happens is that R2 does not register when I give it a single press, but if I do a double/triple press really quickly, it registers once. I've notice this issue is not apparent in the PG2 stock firmware.

Edit: Just wanted to say thank you for your work on the rogue ofw, it is much appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 07:27:55 am by SkyingHigh »

Panja

« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2020, 07:45:39 am »
Just tried pressing R2 once on my PocketGo with Rogue v1.0.2 and I do not have this problem.
It registers on the first try, no double or triple pressing.

SkyingHigh

« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2020, 10:05:13 am »
Just tried pressing R2 once on my PocketGo with Rogue v1.0.2 and I do not have this problem.
It registers on the first try, no double or triple pressing.

Have you tried alternating between another button and R2 really fast and seeing if it triggers everytime with a single button press?

SkyingHigh

« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2020, 10:12:57 am »
I did some furthur testing, looks like it works fine when I boot up the device and go straight into the button testing app... however, once I start playing a game on the psx emulator, the bug starts up again and remains even when I go back to the device's home screen.

Panja

« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2020, 10:44:46 am »
I tested what you're suggesting:

Fired up PSX4ALL, played a 12 lap round of Destruction Derby, won the race.  ;D
Pressed the menu button on the PG2 and choose to quite the emulator.
Went to the PocketGo Tester app and R2 is registering on the 1st press.

I have pressed all buttons repeatedly really fast and than R2.
No problem again...

Ninoh-FOX (OP)

« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2020, 11:42:30 am »
NOT RESIZE WITH THE PC!! The console has autoresize.

If you resize with the pc you broken the partition tablet and then bootloop
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 11:44:36 am by Ninoh-FOX »

flarghon

« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2020, 02:33:20 pm »
I just tested stock and can confirm that there is some kind of bug going on with the 1.0.2 rogue OFW. The issue can be replicated with the button testing app. Basically what happens is that R2 does not register when I give it a single press, but if I do a double/triple press really quickly, it registers once. I've notice this issue is not apparent in the PG2 stock firmware.

Edit: Just wanted to say thank you for your work on the rogue ofw, it is much appreciated.

I can confirm that I have this same exact bug in 1.0.2.  My R2 button never registers on the first press, but if I hit it two times in a row it will then register on the second press.  Can also confirm this behavior carries over to emulators as well.

fonzi

« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2020, 06:18:45 pm »
NOT RESIZE WITH THE PC!! The console has autoresize.

If you resize with the pc you broken the partition tablet and then bootloop

I only tried that later as the FW doesnt work for me regardless.
It just bootloops me anyway.

I tried v1.0,1.01 and 1.02.
Flashed the img files with etcher on a clean 16GB card.
Just bootloops me.
Cant think of anything else to try.