Author Topic: PlayGo/PocketGo 2 - D-Pad Fix  (Read 1992 times)

Vinc3Has3 (OP)

• The Not Sane For Work Podcast
PlayGo/PocketGo 2 - D-Pad Fix
« on: February 01, 2020, 08:25:18 pm »
...Not that the PocketGo d-pad is broken, but I couldn't play a decent game of Pac-Man without the poor guy running up while I was trying to go right. I did a mod similar to the 8bitdo mods - just a piece of tape covering a bit of the direction pad sensors so there is no bumping an unwanted direction when you are trying to go a particular way.

Interestingly enough, covering half (like on the 8bitdos) was overkill - could barely use the d-pad at all. Even covering about 1/4 of each pad, while it seemed to work, was still unnecessary. Basically, if you cover just the inner edge, like in the attached pic - it fixes the situation. It's like just covering the area of the outer ring.

With this, if I accidentally jiggle a bit, the Pac family stays true to the main direction I'm pressing. That tiny bit of area made a huge difference.

jamesensor

Re: PlayGo/PocketGo 2 - D-Pad Fix
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 12:13:33 am »
Good to know. Same goes with the saitake 7007f1 bt controller, there's no pin in the middle of the d-pad to prevent pressing all keys and jam directions
PSP 3000 | PSP Go | Ps 2 | Xbox Original | Ireadygo Much i5 | Aurora II | Pipo w2f | Tonsmart Vega S-89h | Lenovo K3 Note | Tronsmart Draco H3 | Raspberry Pi 2

akaVanguard

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 03:04:40 pm »
@Vinc3Has3 You were absolutely correct. That improves it immensely.

renejr902

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 08:26:00 am »
Hi! Is the PlayGo a better build quality than PocketGo2 , especially for the d-pad ? thanks

Xaijiqq

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 04:51:28 pm »
the pac-man games play great for me but street fighter 2 forget about it

datadragon

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2020, 05:38:07 pm »
Hi! Is the PlayGo a better build quality than PocketGo2 , especially for the d-pad ? thanks

Wolsen calls them PlayGo. Retromimi calls them PocketGo. Other Chinese markets call the device Miyoo Max. The hardware in all those cases is the same. From the same factory. Made by the same people. Other than the name change, there are minor differences such as the color, the white pocketgo2 comes with a 32gb micro sd while black and red playgo comes with 16gb but these are cheap and not a quality brand like samsung anyway. There are typically differences in preloaded games and roms but those can be added separately. The most recent batches seem to have less reports of the control/button issues than the initial batches but the issue still exists unlike say the RG350 that generally has not experienced this issue. The RG350 also allows for adding of wifi and external keyboard which unfortunately do not work on the playgo/pocketgo2, has stereo sound and a second analog stick, all reasons why it would be my first recommendation to consider first. If size is a issue or second analog stick is an issue with big hands and a flat stick mod wont do, the playgo from wolsen might be one to choose. Be sure to check for shipping delays on either before ordering from any seller who do not have in hand and shipping it from china.

ace9094

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2020, 09:31:56 pm »

Why forget about it for "Street Fighter 2" ?  is it because of the Controls, Hardware or Emulator?

I dont have an issue at all with it (mine is a MiYoo Max)
Dingoo A320, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB, RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

renejr902

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2020, 11:07:20 pm »

Wolsen calls them PlayGo. Retromimi calls them PocketGo. Other Chinese markets call the device Miyoo Max. The hardware in all those cases is the same. From the same factory. Made by the same people. Other than the name change, there are minor differences such as the color, the white pocketgo2 comes with a 32gb micro sd while black and red playgo comes with 16gb but these are cheap and not a quality brand like samsung anyway. There are typically differences in preloaded games and roms but those can be added separately. The most recent batches seem to have less reports of the control/button issues than the initial batches but the issue still exists unlike say the RG350 that generally has not experienced this issue. The RG350 also allows for adding of wifi and external keyboard which unfortunately do not work on the playgo/pocketgo2, has stereo sound and a second analog stick, all reasons why it would be my first recommendation to consider first. If size is a issue or second analog stick is an issue with big hands and a flat stick mod wont do, the playgo from wolsen might be one to choose. Be sure to check for shipping delays on either before ordering from any seller who do not have in hand and shipping it from china.

thanks so much for answer. I REALLY APPRECIATED IT!

i have a few more questions if you could answer, thanks.

1. Is the headphone jack output Stereo ? ( i know gdk-350h is mono with headphone jack)

2. i saw on youtube and read too that the Pocketgo 2 has a better lcd screen and brighter screen vs tg 350, Is it really that much brighter than rg 350 ? ( i love bright screen) is the lcd screen really much better in image quality ?

3. By any chance, Do you know if RG350 and Pocketgo 2 LCD screen can be exchange between them ? are they compatibke for each other?

Thanks for answer ! i already bought s rg350, im still waiting it to arrive. Maybe i will buy pocketgo v2 , i will wait your answers :) 

akaVanguard

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2020, 01:50:19 pm »
@renejr902

but anyway...

1. Headset is stereo, i think
2. Differences are minimal, but pg2 is a bit better apparently.
3. no idea
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 01:55:54 pm by akaVanguard »

renejr902

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2020, 05:36:31 pm »
thanks for answer, its really appreciated

riverinwoods

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2020, 05:35:52 am »

Why forget about it for "Street Fighter 2" ?  is it because of the Controls, Hardware or Emulator?

I also found using the taped edge method here does not Wk well for fighting games, does Wk well for Pac-Man etc...
It?s the corners that suffer...

Xaijiqq

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2020, 10:00:33 am »

I also found using the taped edge method here does not Wk well for fighting games, does Wk well for Pac-Man etc...
It?s the corners that suffer...

Post a new topic