Author Topic: PAP KIII Plus basic questions and suggestions  (Read 364 times)

radbrad (OP)

PAP KIII Plus basic questions and suggestions
« on: October 01, 2019, 03:10:28 am »
Hello, new to this board so, If this post is in the incorrect place forgive me.

Recently purchased a PAP KIII Plus and I love this device. After looking in to it I figured out a few things.

Observation: It is difficult to open up to get to the internal Memory card with the O.S. on it. Also difficult to get back together.
Suggestion: Can someone write a bootloader that will point to the external slot to boot the system. Then It no longer has to come apart. It will boot from the external card, that can be removed and thing copied to it easily.

Observation: There are 4 partitions on the SD card. EXT1, EXT2, EXT3 and a VFAT partition. This seems to be a file based operating system and putting files on different partitions does not make it faster, just more confusing for the rest of us.
Suggestion: 2 partitions Ext1 and a fat partition.

Observation: Make a simpler way to add emulators, rather than changing firmware. When you change the so called firmware, you have to pull the thing apart bacause you will need a linux machine to expand the partitions (all 4), copy the firmware over and recopy all of your roms over. Very time consuming process and not for new people.
Suggestion: Simplify the file system. Way too many folders, partitions, and things to go wrong when trying to do a simple operation like add the LYNX emulator to the stock system.

I am doing my best to get up to speed on this system, and these are just a few of my thoughts. Please feel free to chime in. I am open to learning about this wonderful PAP KIII Plus device.

lemmywinks

Re: PAP KIII Plus basic questions and suggestions
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 04:22:54 pm »
Opening it up is an easy job, shouldn't give you any trouble. Just make sure you remove the battery and Micro SD card and be careful.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, RS-97, RS-90, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go
PC:
Medion Erazer, Toshiba Z20t, Dell Mini 9, Psion 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

Post a new topic