Nickz Custom dMenu for PAP-KIII Plus
I made a custom menu to address some issues that I had with the menus made by Jack83 and Level by Level Gaming. This was a project just for my own use, but I thought others here and elsewhere might want to take it for a spin. I think it looks good and works well, but I've never dabbled in anything like this before so I am pretty much at the limit of what I can accomplish.
Everything that works was built on the shoulders of what Jack and LBL did before me, so very much credit goes to the two of them.
MAME and PlayStation do not work. Anybody know how to get them working?
If there is any interest, I may upload another video showing the complete functioning of all of the emulators and menu items.
Here is the readme info:
1. Download .ZIP file here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gI3RiT-iYPDwx4_lTSZnyTEn2CrA5zgH
2. Copy complete contents of .ZIP file to a blank microSD card.
3. Load up the microSD with roms, music, and pictures into the corresponding folders.
4. Insert microSD card into "TF card" slot on device.
5. Power on device.
6. Open file browser and navigate to "mnt/mmc/dmenu/installer" or "sd_card/dmenu/installer" or similar (depending on your file browser).
7. Execute "install.dge" file.
8. Device will reboot with new menu.
- NO ROMS OR BIOS FILES ARE INCLUDED.
- Brightness permanently set to 18%.
- Default volume set to 45%.
- No TV-out or USB file transfer functionality.
- PlayStation and MAME are non-functional (please fix them if you can!)
- In some emulators, using the volume buttons will also change the game speed (this is easily solved by picking a volume that plays the game at the correct speed).