Author Topic: PAP KIII Plus (Dingux, 480x272 screen)  (Read 30074 times)

renejr902

Re: PAP KIII Plus (Dingux, 480x272 screen)
« Reply #240 on: June 26, 2018, 03:54:20 pm »
at least i succeed to made custom multi colors palette for gb mono game with the psp kiii plus native gnuboy emulator.
For example for your Mario Land rom. 1. Make a empty file with wordpad with the exact same name than your rom, except the 2 letters extension, for example:
SUPER_MARIO_LAND.rc
FOR
SUPER_MARIO_LAND.GB

2. in SUPER_MARIO_LAND.rc copy that, i made a good looking palette: ( important note: the 0x000000 must not be below, it must be in the same line, i dont know why it show below in my post)

set dmg_bgp  0xFFFFFF 0xFF8484 0x943A3A 0x000000
set dmg_wndp 0xFFFFFF 0x63A5FF 0x0000FF 0x000000
set dmg_obp0 0xFFFFFF 0x63A5FF 0x0000FF 0x000000
set dmg_obp1 0x98e0f8 0x78a0c0 0x747080 0x604038

3. Save the file with the name: SUPER_MARIO_LAND.rc

4. Copy both files in mnt/memory/game/gbc with dingux commander. Check if my path is ok, i dont see it right now, i wrote it by my memory, files must be in roms dir for gbc not gb.
( copy this. rc file and your rom with sane name)

5. start the game with gbc emulator not gb emulator
made a file. rc fir each game and all mono Games will be in multi color. enjoy.

NOTE: i still need help, i cant get gnuboy, sms and snes9x4d working in alternative emulators. and for an unknown reason even when overclocked to 624mhz i think fceu is set at frameskip 1 and not 0. i cant correct it yet. its just a feeling, but i guess im right
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 03:57:53 pm by renejr902 »

renejr902

« Reply #241 on: June 26, 2018, 06:18:05 pm »
ok i got all native and alternative emulators to work with all roms in the main menu and with dingux commander too.
FOR future people in the same trouble than me, i will tell you the good path to put your roms, otherwise half the alternative emulators wont even start.
you have to create missing directories
( you have to create roms directory and sub dir.)
mnt/mmc/roms/cps
mnt/mmc/roms/gb
mnt/mmc/roms/gbc
mnt/mmc/roms/genesis
mnt/mmc/roms/gg
mnt/mmc/roms/mastersystem
mnt/mmc/roms/neogeo
mnt/mmc/roms/nes
mnt/mmc/roms/snes

Put the good system roms in good directory and all alternatives emulators will work.

EDIT: For get genesis roms working you have to rename your roms to. md. Or you can edit theme. cfg and change. md to. bin or you can add several extension too. The extension name MUST BE in LOWER CASE. except if theme cfg specify extension in Uppercase. anyway try both if it doesnt show your roms.

By the way i got gnuboy4d v1.2 to work and i prefer it, more fast, more stable, better screen quality, but emulator is set for 320x240, so i use full stretched and i got a pretty sweat 320 x 240 scale window. gambatte still dont work

edit: I got dingux 2600, atari to work, works perfect

edit2: PC Engine 1.3.0 beta1 opendingux, Works perfect

edit3: i got OH BOY v20121107 to works, its works perfect, its the best gb emulator for the system.

edit4: i got working another fceu emulators with a beautiful colorful gui, this one works better, faster, than the other fceu and it has frameskip option, but not auto frameskip. i dont remember which one is it when i downloaded it

i hope you are happy to know, i know it will help a lot of newbies with the pap kiii plus.

i just added a entry for gambatte with all instructions and roms path, but it still doesn't work. if someone can help me thanks a lot.

Note: Could someone get the last FCEU nes emu version 29/05/2012 working, it has auto frameskip option and more..

« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 09:56:57 pm by renejr902 »

renejr902

« Reply #242 on: June 26, 2018, 11:06:50 pm »
finally i mostly try all dingoo a320, a380, dingux emulators.. available. i got 4 of them working perfect including oh boy, pce engine, atari2600.. see my previous post, i made 4 edited.. a few others emus start, but with garbage screen lol.
lb_gamer will help me in a few days to get others emus to work. i will let people know.

renejr902

« Reply #243 on: June 28, 2018, 02:10:40 pm »
hi guys, i prefer to let you know. my PAP KIII Plus dont boot anymore, No light, even when plugged for charge, i return it for now, i hesitate to buy another one. So dont make the gambatte emulator working just for me, i prefer to let you know. Have a nice day everyone.

VanZan

« Reply #244 on: June 28, 2018, 06:36:55 pm »
Crikey after all that the bloody thing died on you? I have read other reports of that so they must not be very good at all.

LBL Gamer

• Level By Level Gaming
« Reply #245 on: June 29, 2018, 06:03:23 am »
i just got around to reading that whole thing and was making notes for my project. I hate to hear that. Mine has been thru the ringer and is still kicking. (might break tomorrow now that I said that) I even dropped it the other day while i had the screws out of it and stuff went everywhere. Anyway, great info despite the fact and I'm adding it to my knowledge base to keep going with my work.
Just your average 80's kid with a love for all things gaming. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN25Sl8nR2pcbikBa2ZRZvQ

Pixman

« Reply #246 on: July 03, 2018, 12:47:04 pm »
So, is this topic dead?
I'd love to upgrade my device but I fear half of the emulators won't work after that.

For now I'll just add some files on to it. Would also be cool if it were accessible via linux.

?dit: Or rather, is there a last safe issue with manual how to install without losing any  features?
The first few dmenu ports seem to be very nice but after that I fear of using anything that came.

Can anybody help? Mine is basically still in it's infancy, haven't changed a thing and I would do a  backup first like I read in the manual of dmenu.

Is 0.5 safe to install?
https://github.com/JackD83/dmenu/blob/master/release/dmenu_0.7_k3_0.5.zip

Thanks for any help! :)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 12:52:29 pm by Pixman »

LBL Gamer

• Level By Level Gaming
« Reply #247 on: July 04, 2018, 03:38:17 am »
I haven't heard of jacks menu damaging anything so I would consider it safe. Its the base or inspiration for what I'm trying to accomplish with my custom menu (alternative emulators, better looking icons, etc..) https://youtu.be/DklRdQxjNHo . But like you said its not a bad idea to back up anything before you alter it. His alt gba is a gem and works so much better than stock as an example of the benefits of modding your PAP. Let me know if you need anything else.
Just your average 80's kid with a love for all things gaming. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN25Sl8nR2pcbikBa2ZRZvQ

eragon2890

« Reply #248 on: July 04, 2018, 02:42:24 pm »
Is this thing worth it as a replacement for a GPD q9 PSV with an old battery which doesnt hold as much charge anymore?

Everything else about the Q9 is still perfect.

I believe you need to open the pap k3-plus to replace the firmware right? So I am NOT going to do that. Am I going to be very dissapointed with the pap k3-plus's default emulation of games, given that I like all the platforms it includes and am used to those being 100% perfect on the GPD and am quite picky? Or do virtually all games for all those platforms run (virtually) perfect on the stock emulators? Given the mostly jubilant youtube reviews I assume they do, but I want to be sure which is why I ask here. In terms of speed (no frameskip, full speed ALL the time, also for neo-geo games like matrimelee and other intensive games? And (virtually) perfect sound through the headphone jack, ALL the time)?

Also, how is the e-reader function? I need to be able to read PDF's on it A LOT as well (books for university study). And how does the video player work?

Is it easy to transfer files from a windows 10 pc to it using the supplied cable?

What can I charge it with? I guess it comes with a death-dapter, given that the plug adds 2 dollars to the price (is the "plug" mentioned here the power adapter or something else entirely? https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2017-New-4-3-Inch-HD-Game-Console-32-Bit-Portable-Handheld-Game-Players-For/3081042_32827775324.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.4f0355eaJH4nha ), so I want to use my trusty 1.0/2.1 a hema chargers. Can I use that without damaging the device. If so, only the 1.0 A output or also the 2.1 A one?

Finally, can I expect it to keep working/not break for as long and as good as all my GPD devices? My WIN is still going strong despite daily use and often getting hot since november 2016, I just wonder if the build quality on these things is comparable? I don't want it to break after two weeks...

Sorry for all the questions, but I want to be as close to 100% sure as possible it will be worthwhile before I might buy one...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 02:55:13 pm by eragon2890 »

Jack83 (OP)

« Reply #249 on: July 04, 2018, 06:13:50 pm »
Is this thing worth it as a replacement for a GPD q9 PSV with an old battery which doesnt hold as much charge anymore?

Everything else about the Q9 is still perfect.

I believe you need to open the pap k3-plus to replace the firmware right? So I am NOT going to do that. Am I going to be very dissapointed with the pap k3-plus's default emulation of games, given that I like all the platforms it includes and am used to those being 100% perfect on the GPD and am quite picky? Or do virtually all games for all those platforms run (virtually) perfect on the stock emulators? Given the mostly jubilant youtube reviews I assume they do, but I want to be sure which is why I ask here. In terms of speed (no frameskip, full speed ALL the time, also for neo-geo games like matrimelee and other intensive games? And (virtually) perfect sound through the headphone jack, ALL the time)?

Also, how is the e-reader function? I need to be able to read PDF's on it A LOT as well (books for university study). And how does the video player work?

Is it easy to transfer files from a windows 10 pc to it using the supplied cable?

What can I charge it with? I guess it comes with a death-dapter, given that the plug adds 2 dollars to the price (is the "plug" mentioned here the power adapter or something else entirely? https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2017-New-4-3-Inch-HD-Game-Console-32-Bit-Portable-Handheld-Game-Players-For/3081042_32827775324.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.4f0355eaJH4nha ), so I want to use my trusty 1.0/2.1 a hema chargers. Can I use that without damaging the device. If so, only the 1.0 A output or also the 2.1 A one?

Finally, can I expect it to keep working/not break for as long and as good as all my GPD devices? My WIN is still going strong despite daily use and often getting hot since november 2016, I just wonder if the build quality on these things is comparable? I don't want it to break after two weeks...

Sorry for all the questions, but I want to be as close to 100% sure as possible it will be worthwhile before I might buy one...

I really don't know if your questions are serious. Of course the cheap 30$ China K3P can not replace your 100$+ gaming tablet. Have you read the specs? The K3P and the RS97 do an amazing job at the price. They are very low end with a small resolution. If you want a small device that's has its flaws and is cheap, buy one. If you are looking for the perfect emulation device, ebooks and videos, another gpd would probably a better choice.

LBL Gamer

• Level By Level Gaming
« Reply #250 on: July 05, 2018, 12:21:20 am »
Yeah I was a little confused by the question. I love my little device...for what it is. Jack highlighted the fact that it is an affordable pocket emulator for the masses. I understand its limitations and try to improve it where I can

elistvan

« Reply #251 on: July 08, 2018, 05:58:16 pm »
Hi!  Greetings from Hungary. I'm new here. I just ordered this device today.  But maybe i made the worng decision. Could it be that the PAP Gameta II is cheaper and has almost the identical specifications as this device? (I know the screen resolution is other ) but otherwise it''s the same thing. (same cpu, same amond of ram,...) How could I help the community? Is there a working N64 emulator out there? How could translate the menu to my native language?

elistvan

« Reply #252 on: July 11, 2018, 09:06:15 am »
Is it possible to make a fimrware which runs from the external tf card like on the RS-97? Becouse i have such a big hands and I don't want to break my device.

LBL Gamer

• Level By Level Gaming
« Reply #253 on: July 12, 2018, 03:17:44 pm »
I know a lot of people that are scared to take their device apart. I'm sure there is a way...jack's dmenu lives on the external hard drive and runs from there. I havent ventured into that yet. And I think you made a good choice because the gamemeta has not got any love from here and I have no experience with it to even begin to help

chris67

« Reply #254 on: July 14, 2018, 06:21:09 am »
Hello there !
I just bought this device, and I already own the RS97. I would like to know if there is some 480x272 Quake game to download please ? Maybe someone could tell me the toolchain I need to compile a version of SDL Quake, in order to put the correct screen definition ?
Thank you very much if you take some time to answer my questions !

Post a new topic
Post a new topic