Author Topic: PAP KIII, PAP Gameta II or PAP-1000 owners. Help, Super Games CD  (Read 1132 times)

segastardust (OP)

PAP KIII, PAP Gameta II or PAP-1000 owners. Help, Super Games CD
« on: September 24, 2019, 06:06:34 pm »
I'm looking for anyone with a Super Games CD included with older PAP devices running on a JZ4755. I have a similar device running the same UI, and the only way to add Neo Geo games is to use the manufacturers' proprietary ROMs. If someone could send me the disc or an archive, I would be grateful.

segastardust (OP)

Re: PAP KIII, PAP Gameta II or PAP-1000 owners. Help, Super Games CD
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2019, 12:47:50 pm »
I've also found the the GameBox GBX-1001 runs the same Neo Geo emulator. Does anybody here still have a GameBox?

VanZan

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 05:07:30 pm »
Just saw this. I have one of these:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32853196282.html

and I made a backup of the device's firmware. I'll have a look for what you're asking for if it's the right device?

:edit: The NEOGEO folder has 4.4GB of roms ending in .fba extension if that's what you're looking for? Not too sure what you mean by Super Games CD to be honest.

I see from your other posts that it seems to be .mvs files you're looking for and I have only .fba ones. Sorry.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 05:34:43 pm by VanZan »

segastardust (OP)

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2019, 10:04:17 pm »
No worries, I know it's A long shot. Very few devices used this format and they were all released years ago. Revisions of the KIII and Gameta II dropped it in favour of FBA. Thanks though.

VanZan

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 03:20:33 pm »
Do you have an eBay account because you could try asking this guy:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAP1000-Multi-Platform-Video-Game-Console-95-Builtin-Games-USB-SD-card-homebrew/153391500463

He has an opened PAP-1000 for sale and the disc included. Perhaps he could copy them and upload them somewhere for you?

segastardust (OP)

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2019, 02:11:27 pm »
I sent him two messages months apart. No response either time.

VanZan

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2019, 06:26:42 pm »
What a douche...

segastardust (OP)

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 12:57:48 pm »
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I'm not even certain that anyone on this board would be interested since the DigiKing arcade machines aren't even listed in the JZ47xx devices list.

After years of sleuthing I was able to determine that DigiKing isn't even the name of the manufacturer. DigiKing is a brand used by Guangzhou based manufacturer Toycenter for all their electronic games, so the proprietary Neo Geo software these devices use could have been internally developed by them.

Examining the board inside I was able to determine the ZL-118 and ZL-128 both run the JZ4755. Neither machine has a micro SD card glued to the board so the likelihood of installing custom firmware is low. As I suspected, Machines that run the same linux-based OS also use the exact same format of MVS roms. These files are significantly larger than the dingoo brand mvs roms or even the Neo Geo X's FBA based mvs files.

The "SuperGames CD" in question was included with the original model of the PAP KIII, PAP Gameta II as well as the PAP-1000. After years of searching I have finally been able to obtain a copy of this disc. These games run just as well as the ones included in the arcade machine's internal memory.

If anyone who has any of these devices limited to this particular romset is looking to add more Neo Geo games, please send me a message and I'd be happy to help out.

Great Crippler

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2020, 07:58:30 pm »
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I'm not even certain that anyone on this board would be interested since the DigiKing arcade machines aren't even listed in the JZ47xx devices list.

After years of sleuthing I was able to determine that DigiKing isn't even the name of the manufacturer. DigiKing is a brand used by Guangzhou based manufacturer Toycenter for all their electronic games, so the proprietary Neo Geo software these devices use could have been internally developed by them.

Examining the board inside I was able to determine the ZL-118 and ZL-128 both run the JZ4755. Neither machine has a micro SD card glued to the board so the likelihood of installing custom firmware is low. As I suspected, Machines that run the same linux-based OS also use the exact same format of MVS roms. These files are significantly larger than the dingoo brand mvs roms or even the Neo Geo X's FBA based mvs files.

The "SuperGames CD" in question was included with the original model of the PAP KIII, PAP Gameta II as well as the PAP-1000. After years of searching I have finally been able to obtain a copy of this disc. These games run just as well as the ones included in the arcade machine's internal memory.

If anyone who has any of these devices limited to this particular romset is looking to add more Neo Geo games, please send me a message and I'd be happy to help out.

I think you may have some knockoff devices. Both the Pap KIII, and Pap Gameta units have a JZ4760(B) inside. Thanks the work of Gameblala, and Blackz, you can swap the internal micro SD, and run a variation on the "Useless" CFW. I did at one point have a knockoff called a "PMP Something or another" that used the same design and shell as the Gameta. It was closed off, and had no interchangeable micro SD on the board. It was a lot harder to add anything of note to it, other than putting roms on the external SD, and fishing with the file manager.

TechnopodMan

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2020, 03:40:57 am »
I'm looking for anyone with a Super Games CD included with older PAP devices running on a JZ4755. I have a similar device running the same UI, and the only way to add Neo Geo games is to use the manufacturers' proprietary ROMs. If someone could send me the disc or an archive, I would be grateful.

Hi, today i'm back here and i have this. I'm uploading and i put here the link. Hope it helps to more people.
https://mega.nz/#!r81RCLTR!EecP5Nb48_Jmi_RkGGAdL3gqq42zwSJqbOzF1QD_S8g

Post a new topic