Author Topic: PAP KIII: Chinese PMP with Dingoo Software  (Read 14907 times)

Jellyfish

Re: PAP KIII: Chinese PMP with Dingoo Software
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2017, 09:24:49 pm »
Long time lurker and first time poster here with a few q's regarding the topic device.

I. What's the build quality?
II. How compatible (as of now) is it with the existing Dingoo emulator\source port releases?
III. Anything particular to watch out for or be 'buyer beware' about?

Thanks

edilaq (OP)

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2017, 11:00:43 pm »
How to flash firmware in PAP KIII?

Jellyfish

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2017, 01:36:45 am »
Is it the same (or similar) process as the Dingoo? Also, do you happen to know which Dingoo model (A320\A330\etc) this thing is closest to?

edilaq (OP)

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2017, 02:04:46 am »
I am noob, my first handheld was PSP 3000 and the second the PAP KIII, explain please

Jellyfish

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2017, 06:36:04 am »
My apologies. I am even more noob on this than you are, and was assuming knowledge (on your part) that it now seems you simply (and unfortunately) don't have, at least at this time. It looks to me like a Dingoo dev (for lack of a better term) will need to aquire one of these and dig into it. In the meantime, i'll look up some stuff myself from the help section (since the community wiki seems to be down).

Thanks anyway

dmitry_smagin

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2017, 09:40:21 am »
Is it the same (or similar) process as the Dingoo? Also, do you happen to know which Dingoo model (A320\A330\etc) this thing is closest to?
Dingoo A380 is the closest one. Not completely identical hardware-wise (different screen, different pcb, button mapping), but most compatible software-wise. In brief: everything that runs on A380 must run unchanged on pap kiii, because both have legacy dingux firmware.
GCW-Zero prototype, Dingoo a320, Ritmix rzx-50, Dingoo a380, Xperia Play

onthebridge

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2017, 10:28:34 am »
So no pcsx emulator, right?

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk

DashKrimson

« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2017, 11:21:11 am »
Hi, first post.

I just got one of these a few days ago from AliExpress, and I noticed that the CPS2 and Neo-Geo games suffer from severe stutter and freezing during play, so I would very much welcome new firmware to maybe fix the issue. I'll be watching this thread with great interest. Thanks for all your efforts.

dmitry_smagin

« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2017, 08:57:56 pm »
@onthebridge
Try to run pcsx4all for Dingoo A320 (it's here on this forum), it has to work.

@DashKrimson
I doubt that there will be updates. For arcade games try FBA for Dingoo a320 (search the link on this forum), it may run as well.
GCW-Zero prototype, Dingoo a320, Ritmix rzx-50, Dingoo a380, Xperia Play

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2017, 10:28:54 pm »
hello, i have a problem with my pap k3 plus, yesterday after finish the batery turn off, now the green light its every times on green and i cant shutdown, i can only turn on with the ac pluged and without batery, i think is a semibrick, some one can send me a image of the internal sd, made with Win32 Disk Imager of pap k3 plus, ,

im watching the people are installing a gopher firmware and rx 50 firmware, how can i change the firmware, or some one can help to restore my pap k3 plus, THANKS a LOT, sorry for my bad english

Jellyfish

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2017, 04:38:35 am »
@dmitry_smagin Thanks so much for clarifying/confirming for everyone what model this thing is ripping off based on :)

Pardue

• GamingGems
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2017, 05:12:09 pm »
Here's my 3 part PAP KIII review from 2013 when it was a new system.

https://youtu.be/3g_27WOqIqQ

https://youtu.be/Lvoww0kk4bw

https://youtu.be/74uiW7nVfP8

As you can see, I wasn't impressed with it.

I asked before but does anyone know if it's possible to reflash mine to the firmware you guys are running now?

sagadego

« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2017, 06:27:42 pm »
@Pardue  I'm guessing the. Pap kIII plus is the better model?, 'cause I just tried out alien vs preadtors on this and it had no framerate issues from what I noticed so far.

DashKrimson

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2017, 03:06:30 pm »
@sagadego Yes, the KIII Plus is supposed to be an upgraded model.

@dmitry_smagin I'm afraid I'm a total n00b at this dingoo malarky, so I have no idea how to install files to it. So could you please point me to a tutorial or something that I can follow so I don't eff up?

Jim Goose

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2017, 11:52:43 pm »
Excuse me for being new and a bit unknowledged. I saw a handheld from awhile ago that had an Actions ATM MIPS chip. I think it was either the ATM7013 or ATM7019, but I am not sure if I remember correctly. I wanted to buy one of those and run opendingux on it since those seem to have a Vivante GC800 GPU. But I am not sure, this is all a lot of speculation on my part. I saw some of the chinese handhelds were run off SD cards that you had to reflash after opening the handhelds.
Handheld Collection:
PocketC.H.I.P.
Nintendo 2DS