Author Topic: PAP K3 or RS-97  (Read 961 times)

Vinc3Has3 (OP)

• The Not Sane For Work Podcast
PAP K3 or RS-97
« on: May 12, 2018, 06:45:00 pm »
Which would be better for these re-installing firmware and sprucing these things up? Had an RS-97 briefly quite a few months ago - returned it before I learned that you could "fix" them. Just picked up the K3 with this in mind - but... Dang! The shoulder button design ruins their usability, and my thumb stick, well, sticks.  ::)  The only thing I like is the 4 inch screen, as opposed to a 3 inch screen - and, although this is a tft screen, it does seem to do the job just fine.

It seems to me the RS-97 might have been a better choice - but I could use an opinion or two from people who already have these things. I'm paying the "Amazon tax," and bought the k3 via my Prime account - I can drop it right back into the shipping box today if I've made the wrong choice.  ;)

Thanks in advance to my opinionated gadget brethren!

LBL Gamer

• Level By Level Gaming
Re: PAP K3 or RS-97
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 11:22:41 pm »
I know this is an old thread but there were no replies and I I thought It was a good question. When this was posted and when I first came came to dingoonity there was not a clear for runner in this debate. That was a year ago and I can say with assurance that the rs97 hands down receives the most love and attention. That being said I only have a k3p (now two, the 4gb and 16gb) so I am partial  :P I still cant find any proof that the rs97 out performs the k3p on a hardware level and the k3p has a superior screen. But despite my love of the device and the time I spend on it I cant help but to notice that it has been way out classed in fan support and the mod community. Why? what pushed this to the front when they both seemed equal in the beginning? Just thought I would ask the community.
Just your average 80's kid with a love for all things gaming. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN25Sl8nR2pcbikBa2ZRZvQ

Radon_22

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2019, 12:52:25 am »
I think the answer can be found in the name of the forum. :)

A lot of people saw the RS-as an update of sorts to a similar system.  Too bad, really. The K3P's controls are fine (contrary to popular opinion here.) The screen is great, the processor is better, etc.

greasehoot

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 02:00:08 pm »
I like them both. The RS97 has much more support and can be so, so much more than stock. The PAP is great. Bigger screen and versatile. My biggest gripe about the PAP is that it just feels... cheap. Although that being said, when I sit down to play Advance Wars, I play it on the PAP...

02k0

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 03:05:17 pm »
RS-97, for sure. There are several GBA games that run on extreme lag in Pap KIII Plus. In addition, the RS-97 is more portable, beautiful and comfortable.

PK3: "I'm bigger than you and I think I'm better."

RS-97: "Hold my beer glass because I'm more beautiful, comfortable, faster and I'm more compatible with Custom Firmware".

Enviado de meu Moto G (4) usando o Tapatalk

LBL Gamer

• Level By Level Gaming
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2019, 05:44:25 pm »
Thanks for the support in this discussion, Im curious which gba games run better?
Just your average 80's kid with a love for all things gaming. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN25Sl8nR2pcbikBa2ZRZvQ