Author Topic: Pap Gameta II Plus Custom Firmware  (Read 20519 times)

npharper

Re: Pap Gameta II Plus Custom Firmware
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2019, 09:27:56 pm »
Hi chaps, trying to download the custom firmware but it seems the link is dead, is there a new link or can someone reupload it? would really appreciate it!

I'm also looking for a copy if anyone has one to share.

BVP

« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2019, 05:20:56 pm »

npharper

Great Crippler

« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2019, 05:11:30 pm »
This link will works: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/utj476qq5ntou/gameta

This link has a few folders and a movie. Isn't there a specific image to burn?

Edit: Not that it seems to matter on mine. No internal SD card. Though it seems to have a ton of emulators built in. Wouldn't be bad if the UI were a little less crap.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 08:07:38 pm by Great Crippler »

02k0

« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2019, 05:08:14 pm »
It's possible that PMP 2 or IV run Dingux?

Enviado de meu moto g(7) play usando o Tapatalk

mmmsss

« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2019, 03:02:38 pm »
Hi, I had a problem with the pap gameta 2 plus and I need the stock firmware image. Where could I get It? Thanks

Deckard

« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2020, 08:52:08 am »
This link will works: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/utj476qq5ntou/gameta

Hi everybody.
Can you help me to upgrade the console using this software? Balena Etcher seems to not recognise it as a valid img
I work in windows.
Thanx in advance

BVP

« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2020, 11:56:41 pm »
bvp_gameta_mods.tar.gz is a linux zipped file format containing detailed instructions and the files needed.  tldr; you don't 'burn' it to a card, instead make a copy of the stock SDCard (there are 3 partitions on it and your new duplicate should also have 3 partitions), then simply unzip bvp_gameta_mods.tar.gz, remove the old folders per the instructions and copy the new ones over.

You can also use the stock SDCard that comes with it if you don't want to make partitions on a new one - back up everything first! - then move the files over to the stock card.

At least one partition on the card needs to be formatted in EXT4 which is a linux format, I'm not sure Windows handles that that.  I think (from memory 2 years ago...) the files you need to copy are on the FAT32 partitions which Windows can handle, so it might work?  I don't use Windows much so I don't know.  Stick it into your windows machine and see how many partitions you see (I believe each one should show up as a different 'drive' in File Explorer).

TechnopodMan

« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2020, 04:23:59 pm »
Hi! I'm trying something different in my console and don't work.
I make a backup of the SD Card, but when i try to recovery, don't work. Very bad news...

I can mount the .img and see the partitions and the files, but when i copy to the sd card and mount on the console, only black screen appears...

Anyone have the PAP GAMETA II PLUS FW to share with me?
(i try with the KIII Plus FW but buttons are not working)

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 04:29:17 pm by TechnopodMan »

TechnopodMan

« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2020, 06:18:50 pm »
After ten days without help, searching all the internet, and my HDD's and PC's i found a copy of the R1 image.
I restored it and my Gameta II it's working again...

I upload it again for who need it in the future: https://mega.nz/file/rh0ElYSA#e2PjMxvpcXuPUuTxtdC4QeDoYuXRQ9Oi4LtqmIT5tC0

clarizio

« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2020, 04:31:08 pm »
Thank you for the amazing job!!!

May you share the entire Game list please?

thanks again!

darkdomon444

« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2020, 02:44:45 pm »
hello, can someone provide me the stock firmware for the pap gameta II plus? because i think i did something wrong while installing this custom firmware...
the screen goes all blank when i turn on, i can "interact" with things like, i can hear the menu sounds and such. i don't know it's because of the motherboard is on a different revision ( it says PAP K5 1.1 2016. 07.15 ) thanks in advance

TechnopodMan

« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2020, 08:30:38 pm »
hello, can someone provide me the stock firmware for the pap gameta II plus? because i think i did something wrong while installing this custom firmware...
the screen goes all blank when i turn on, i can "interact" with things like, i can hear the menu sounds and such. i don't know it's because of the motherboard is on a different revision ( it says PAP K5 1.1 2016. 07.15 ) thanks in advance

try the backup i uploaded few days ago...

darkdomon444

« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2020, 09:13:49 pm »
i did but it does the same result white screen and only sound working...
the gameta fw in question is the one with the Street Fighter man (Ryu) on the title screen and has the pre installed games in menu
someone posted the stock gameta fw here, but the link was dead

darkdomon444

« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2020, 09:18:23 pm »
Hi guys,
I am trying to use the custom firmware from Vert , version v1 and its not working to me.
The screen goes white and the pap gameta 2 plus is not booting... then i was trying the
theorical original from gameta that vert was rising in the old directory, and not working as well.
This time the initial picture from the street fighter guy remains hold, and not booting.
I leave here a copy of my original back up firmware, may be you can help me because i was
checking and looks like the size of the partitions in the custom firmware and the original
firmware differs in some megabytes...dont know if this is normal.
Can you help me please?

https://mega.nz/#F!atBFhQ4D!p5mn4o8jCq-qSKRhTSFgzQ

Many thx in advance.
Cheers.

darkdomon444

« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2020, 09:20:09 pm »
the LCD of mine must be different brand, also

Post a new topic