Author Topic: OpenDingux for PMP-5 (PMP-V) [JZ4725B]  (Read 2007 times)

raziel (OP)

Re: OpenDingux for PMP-5 (PMP-V) [JZ4725B]
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2020, 06:41:47 am »
Hello everyone,

Yes, the design of this thing is awful.
Thank you again, Paul, for your precious help. I should have know the raw value was the direct value from the adc readings and should be converted to mV.
I've been doing some testing. You can grab my dts file attached to this post. I had to add a txt extension do to attachments regulations.
I just removed the up and down keys from [email protected] section (but as it doesn't react to it, the original values from rs90 won't interfere with pmp-v, so I could have just left those lines).
The real diffrence is in [email protected] where I added up and down and modified values for select and L.
I'm still not quite sure if the voltage as to be under or above the press threshold. In the file, there are both values. I commented the lines where the threshold was under the voltage I got from readings, so my latest tests use threshold above the real voltage of the key. It seems a little better this way.
From what I know, the voltage fluctuates a bit when you press a key, so a press on one key could lead the device to read a value which might makes it think it's another key that was pressed. With this file, up and select are fine, but down sometimes activates L or select and L often activates down and select.
Maybe some dev could make a little program that acts like an oscilloscope so that we could visualize how the voltage fluctuates? It would listen to adc readings and when an adc key gets pressed it displays voltage fluctuations a little before to a little after this moment.
I haven't tested a lot of games until now, but the key confusion is sometimes annoying in gmenu2x (like changing sections or opening the contextual menu when I only press down). With the values in this dts file, the few games I have tested are working good, but they rarely need L or select and the key bug rarely affect what happens in the game.

I will stay with those settings until another idea comes around.
Paul: do you think a joystick section in the dts could change anything? I mean: 1 is there a way the nub could be linked both to adc readings and like an analog nub, and 2: would opendingux react to an analog nub? If it's the case, then, I could remove all 4 dpad directions from [email protected] and [email protected] and add a joystick section.

Thanks again for all the helpful hints.

Have a great weekend and take care.

02k0

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2020, 07:06:28 pm »
Perhaps this Custom firmware can work on the PMP IV, it has 6 action buttons.

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2020, 02:29:09 pm »
Paul: do you think a joystick section in the dts could change anything? I mean: 1 is there a way the nub could be linked both to adc readings and like an analog nub, and 2: would opendingux react to an analog nub? If it's the case, then, I could remove all 4 dpad directions from [email protected] and [email protected] and add a joystick section.

From what you describe the nub is not an analog stick, so no, it would not be possible to use it as such.

Post a new topic