Author Topic: Nickz & Friendz SUPERMENU for PAP-KIII Plus [NEW v18]  (Read 14128 times)

Great Crippler

Re: Nickz Menu for PAP-KIII Plus & PAP Gameta II Plus [NEW v16]
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2019, 04:18:18 am »
Does USB access to the internal storage work?

npharper (OP)

Re: Nickz Menu for PAP-KIII Plus & PAP Gameta II Plus [NEW v16]
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2019, 07:53:39 am »
Does USB access to the internal storage work?

My device has USB file transfer disabled at the factory, and I think this is true for all of the 16gb models. So I have no way to test if it will work with my menu, but I suspect not.

npharper (OP)

NEW Version 17
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2019, 02:09:33 am »
Version 17 is now available on the main post.

npharper (OP)

Shoutout on YouTube
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2019, 07:48:35 am »
This youtuber gave a little shoutout to myself and LBLGaming. Thought I'd post it here:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q52cEvXmpJs" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q52cEvXmpJs</a>
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 07:52:10 am by npharper »

spectrum32

Re: Nickz Menu for PAP-KIII Plus & PAP Gameta II Plus [NEW v17]
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2019, 08:22:17 am »
Hello i have a pap kiii plus, i buy in amazon. it's a pap:k3s_v3_ddr_v2.0 , when i try to install return to menu and nothind success.

Great Crippler

« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2019, 01:33:52 pm »
Hello i have a pap kiii plus, i buy in amazon. it's a pap:k3s_v3_ddr_v2.0 , when i try to install return to menu and nothind success.

That's a PaP K3S. There is a cfw for it here. 

https://boards.dingoonity.org/ingenic-jz4760-devices/pap-k3s-useless-cfw-alpha/

npharper (OP)

« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2019, 12:04:34 am »

Sorry, if you have PAP-KIII S, then your device is not compatible with my menu!

elistvan

« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2019, 11:09:56 am »
FM radio will never work without an FM chip.  The base of this firmware is an old russian emulator device from the early 2010-s which has fm radio inside, its called Ritmix RZX-50.  (I know becouse i had it for a while from ebay.)

npharper (OP)

« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2019, 12:15:19 am »
FM radio will never work without an FM chip.  The base of this firmware is an old russian emulator device from the early 2010-s which has fm radio inside, its called Ritmix RZX-50.  (I know becouse i had it for a while from ebay.)
That makes sense. I was never able to determine if the device has an FM chip, so I will take your word that it has none. I made no progress on the FM radio anyway :)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 10:46:54 pm by npharper »

Technophile202

« Reply #89 on: November 01, 2019, 12:34:54 am »
Hi, I've been reading the thread and this is probably a really stupid question, but is it possible to use the software in Nick's menu to play games from the internal memory?

I can see how you can play the included homebrew games from the SD card (Babarian, etc) because they come up straight away, but not the ones that were there on the machine before.  Or are the only playable games the ones you can put on there through SD? Thanks. 

npharper (OP)

« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2019, 02:49:13 am »
Hi, I've been reading the thread and this is probably a really stupid question, but is it possible to use the software in Nick's menu to play games from the internal memory?

I can see how you can play the included homebrew games from the SD card (Babarian, etc) because they come up straight away, but not the ones that were there on the machine before.  Or are the only playable games the ones you can put on there through SD? Thanks.

The menu is set up to only use the ROMs on the SD card. You can play the ROMs on the internal card by rebooting without the SD card in, and then the device should boot up to the stock menu. Or you can try and use Dingux Commander to copy files from the internal memory to the SD card. It's doable, just a little tricky.

Technophile202

« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2019, 11:02:40 pm »
Ah great, thanks, that's really useful to know. How complicated is using the D.C. to do this - I mean, are there like specific buttons you can use to copy & paste files from one directory to another or is it a lot more complicated than that? Or maybe there's a tutorial on this somewhere? (Thanks a lot for your help anyway)

franckyrocky

« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2019, 08:04:22 pm »
Hi!
I'm new and I'm a big fan of Nick's custom menu.
I've modified it :
- In best emulators : added Nintendo Family Disk System (FCEUX), Sega Game Gear (SMS-SDL), Sega CD/Mega CD (Picodrive)
- In More emulators : added Atari ST, Sinclair Spectrum, Thomson TO7, TI 99/4A, Nec PC 9801, ScummVM, Wonderswan, Vectrex, Pokemini and Sega VMU
- In Games, added a new section "Freewares" with lots of games : Giana Returns, Open GGS, Boulder Dash, Mr Drillux, Open Tyrian, Super Tux, SQRXZ 3, Hhexen, Rise of the triads, Duke nukem 3D, Shadow warrior, Wolfenstein 3D, Spear of destiny, Flashback, Arkanoid, Beat2x, Open Jazz, Ganbare! Natsuki-San!, Vectoroids, Noiz2sa, Open BOR, Pang, Quake
- In system settings, added 2 options : Normal clock (-> file overclock.dge -> 528mhz) and Overclock (-> file overclock.dge -> 636mhz)
- Added a new wallpaper
- Added some boxarts...

In some emulators, you can run the internal games. For example, in Picodrive : Load new rom/iso -> /.. -> /.. -> .. -> memory -> /game -> /md

TVSMASHER

« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2019, 05:03:59 am »
Hi!
I'm new and I'm a big fan of Nick's custom menu.
I've modified it :
- In best emulators : added Nintendo Family Disk System (FCEUX), Sega Game Gear (SMS-SDL), Sega CD/Mega CD (Picodrive)
- In More emulators : added Atari ST, Sinclair Spectrum, Thomson TO7, TI 99/4A, Nec PC 9801, ScummVM, Wonderswan, Vectrex, Pokemini and Sega VMU
- In Games, added a new section "Freewares" with lots of games : Giana Returns, Open GGS, Boulder Dash, Mr Drillux, Open Tyrian, Super Tux, SQRXZ 3, Hhexen, Rise of the triads, Duke nukem 3D, Shadow warrior, Wolfenstein 3D, Spear of destiny, Flashback, Arkanoid, Beat2x, Open Jazz, Ganbare! Natsuki-San!, Vectoroids, Noiz2sa, Open BOR, Pang, Quake
- In system settings, added 2 options : Normal clock (-> file overclock.dge -> 528mhz) and Overclock (-> file overclock.dge -> 636mhz)
- Added a new wallpaper
- Added some boxarts...

In some emulators, you can run the internal games. For example, in Picodrive : Load new rom/iso -> /.. -> /.. -> .. -> memory -> /game -> /md

Great!

Any download link to the modified menu?

franckyrocky

« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2019, 04:31:17 pm »
Ok !
I will make a downloadable archive without roms !
I must make some changes before...

LBL Gamer

• Level By Level Gaming
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2019, 04:38:11 pm »
Hello Nick! Great firmware and again thank you for the latest version. I'm starting a tutorial video series here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwurhDE5iRw&list=PLeVMjrH60k674o6_rTeqNfGsCDjVf7RQ0 I know you and I are familiar but this might help future visitors to your menu. the vids of your stuff is at the end but the older vids will help with familiarization of the PAP.   
Just your average 80's kid with a love for all things gaming. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN25Sl8nR2pcbikBa2ZRZvQ

Mr_Plant

« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2019, 11:33:33 am »
Fantastic work guys!

I tried a number of these handheld retro systems and wasn't happy with the hardware on any of them.
Last week I got the Gameta II Plus and although I thought the hardware/screen etc was great compared to the rest,
the inbuilt software sucked. Distorted sound. Locked down. Had to take it apart to access the internal card etc.
Terrible.
Then after about 3 hours of research and web searching - this time on the units specific name, I came across Nick's V15 menu.. Which led me to the latest V17.
Tried it this morning for first time and was blown away - a totally different machine now! Emulators are fantastic - much better performance and sound now - even just tried TV Out!

I look forward to the next version and am very interested in this customisation mentioned above with ZX Spectrum etc.
Great work guys - keep it up please!

I think I will now purchase a second of these units - very impressed with the GB Emulation and PC Engine now amongst others!

Regards
Mr P.

franckyrocky

« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2019, 03:03:21 pm »
My second chinese handheld game console is a Bittboy V2.
Overall, the emulation is very good too !

Mr_Plant

« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2019, 10:35:46 pm »
Hi, Does anyone know if its possible to run MAME at all? Can it be added?

franckyrocky

« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2019, 04:06:19 pm »
Until now, I did not succed to run Mame on this device...

Post a new topic
Post a new topic