• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Nickz & Friendz SUPERMENU for PAP-KIII Plus [NEW v19 X-Mas Edition]  (Read 65218 times)

npharper (OP)

Re: Nickz Menu for PAP-KIII Plus [Version 11]
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2019, 07:30:58 pm »
It happened after update 11, but not right after it (some hours later).
When i get the battery out, it switches off, but when I put in on again the green light is on again and nothing happens no matter what keys I press.
When I charge it the red light turns on and the green light is still on.
I don't think it's a problem with the brightness because at least i would have been able to switch it on and off.
I opened the case, ejected the memory card and nothing also happened.
I haven't been able so far to find an image file of the internal firmware but i'll keep trying.
Thanks for your time and i'll be glad if you have any more thoughts to share...

What were you doing prior to it breaking? Did it have anything to do with NeoGeo, perhaps?

If you haven't done so already, you also might try simply wiping the external microSD card and copying my menu back over. If you do that, be sure to scour the "emulator" folder for save files before you wipe it, and copy them over into the right locations, or you will lose all your game progress.

SirOdoth

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2019, 07:37:26 pm »
The main problem is that there is no way to reset the machine. I have downloaded LBL's backup but if i put it in a SD card, how can i get PAP read it? It is stuck with the green light on...
I had the machine off all night and when I pushed the button to open it, it just did't do anything.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 07:40:13 pm by SirOdoth »

SirOdoth

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2019, 07:48:46 pm »
Do you know if there is a way to hardware reset it? Or if it is possible to get the memory out? Or something like that in case there is a hardware problem.

npharper (OP)

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2019, 07:49:06 pm »
The main problem is that there is no way to reset the machine. I have downloaded LBL's backup but if i put it in a SD card, how can i get PAP read it? It is stuck with the green light on...
I had the machine off all night and when I pushed the button to open it, it just did't do anything.

I'd think the only way to go would be to pull the battery, shut down the device, take it apart, remove the internal microSD from the motherboard, use rufus or similar to flash the stock firmware onto that microSD, reinstall inside the device, reassemble, and pop the battery back in. Default behavior is for the device to boot as soon as you put the battery in without waiting for you to press the button.

npharper (OP)

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2019, 07:50:48 pm »
Do you know if there is a way to hardware reset it? Or if it is possible to get the memory out? Or something like that in case there is a hardware problem.

I'll refer you back to LBL Gaming's videos for more instructions on disassembly and flashing. He has a whole playlist, and there's a video in there showing the process.

SirOdoth

« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2019, 07:55:52 pm »
Thanks! I have already watched the videos and opened up the PAP. Right now i'm flashing an SD card. I let you know what happens...

SirOdoth

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2019, 08:13:31 pm »
Nothing... Flashed the image file, put in on the motherboard but the green light is still on and I can't reset PAP.

npharper (OP)

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2019, 08:16:34 pm »
Nothing... Flashed the image file, put in on the motherboard but the green light is still on and I can't reset PAP.

That really sucks. It seems to me that you may have a hardware problem with your screen. Since you know how to open the device, check that the ribbon cable connecting the screen to the motherboard is intact and securely plugged in. If that doesn't do it, I think your screen is dead. I have only had my device for a month with pretty light use, so I can't vouch for the durability, but I do know that cheap electronics from China do often break...

I'm out of ideas, but I will let you know if I come up with anything.

SirOdoth

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2019, 08:27:03 pm »
If it was a screen problem, wouldn't the device be working properly but not showing anything? The problem is that the machine is stuck at that state with the green light on no matter what I do. Maybe a memory problem?
Thanks anyway!!

npharper (OP)

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2019, 08:28:47 pm »
If it was a screen problem, wouldn't the device be working properly but not showing anything? The problem is that the machine is stuck at that state with the green light on no matter what I do. Maybe a memory problem?
Thanks anyway!!

When the device is working properly, it will have the green light on and the screen displaying info, lol. So my thinking is that the device is turning on and running properly, but that you can't tell because the screen won't turn on. Does that make sense, or am I missing something? Are you seeing something other than a blank screen?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 08:30:21 pm by npharper »

SirOdoth

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2019, 08:32:26 pm »
The device is dead, excepting the green light. Nothing happens, no matter what keys i'm pressing. Doesn't boot or close, nothing.

npharper (OP)

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2019, 08:33:47 pm »
The device is dead, excepting the green light. Nothing happens, no matter what keys i'm pressing. Doesn't boot or close, nothing.

So you are seeing a totally black screen?

npharper (OP)

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2019, 08:40:24 pm »

So you are seeing a totally black screen?

And your power button is unresponsive?

SirOdoth

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2019, 09:18:42 pm »
Yes, that's right.

npharper (OP)

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2019, 10:40:18 pm »
Yes, that's right.

If the power button is also unresponsive, then it might be a bigger problem than just the screen. You may or may not be onto something with it being a memory problem, but I don't really know anything about that. You may try searching the forum for similar problems and possible solutions. It sounds like the kind of problem that might creep up in different menus too, so don't restrict your search to just mine.

Sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 03:11:25 am by npharper »

SirOdoth

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2019, 05:47:38 am »
Thanks for your time!!! If I find anything, I'll let you know.

npharper (OP)

v12 with better arcade emulation
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2019, 08:02:34 pm »
This version release has been moved to the main post.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 09:33:31 am by npharper »

TVSMASHER

Re: Nickz Menu for PAP-KIII Plus [Latest v12 on pg2]
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2019, 01:34:07 pm »
Much thanks for your hard work with the KIII FW.

One question does the camera work?

npharper (OP)

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2019, 07:11:59 pm »
Much thanks for your hard work with the KIII FW.

One question does the camera work?

The camera works! Only problem is that it is potato quality, but it is fun if you want to try taking some artsy shots.

ducdreamer

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2019, 10:10:22 pm »
Hello
I installes this FW on my PAP Gameta II and it works great
SO I am very happy with this dmenu you created.
Now i am using my PAP gameta again
The FM radio not working is no problem.
I hope there will be a DEV who can get MAME working and give the MSX emulator A higher resolution.
Thanks for al your hard work
Greetings Herman ;D ;D ;D ;D

Post a new topic