Author Topic: Retromini RS-90 (JZ4725B) gba micro handheld  (Read 82866 times)

Timika

Re: Retro mini RS-90 gba micro handheld
« Reply #400 on: September 05, 2018, 08:36:30 pm »
Hi, what's more in this "pro" version?
Thanks  ;)

Timika

« Reply #401 on: September 08, 2018, 09:05:48 pm »
Hi, what's more in this "pro" version?
Thanks  ;)

Answer found  ;D

lemmywinks

« Reply #402 on: September 08, 2018, 11:43:13 pm »
Any chance you could try Doom2? That one is absolutely unplayable on a Hynix unit, so it should be easy to see whether it runs better on the Samsung unit - if it runs considerably better, I might consider buying directly from retromini com (as the price is pretty steep there, they can be purchased on ebay for half that price, shipping included).

Honestly if you want to run Doom and have decent emulator performance then just grab an RS-97, it's almost as compact and has native Doom engine ports. The RS-90 is pretty cool for what it is but no way is it worth $60 or whatever they're charging, the Chinese reseller prices are about right IMO.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, Pap KIII-Plus, RS-97, RS-90, New Bittboy, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go,
PC:
HP Envy M6, Acer 522, Dell Mini 9
Psion 5 & 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

lazanti

« Reply #403 on: September 11, 2018, 11:39:22 am »
any chance you could try Doom2? that one is absolutely unplayable on a Hynix unit, so it should be easy to see whether it runs better on the Samsung unit - if it runs considerably better, I might consider buying directly from retromini com (as the price is pretty steep there, they can be purchased on ebay for half that price, shipping included).

Ran the test on both Hynix and Samsung chipped units, both are unplayable. We do have the RetroMini Pro slotted for release in October. I'll have a few units available to test by mid-September. I will run Doom 2 on that and see if it nets better results.

As for getting them cheaper on eBay you are correct, however those are knockoff units. To ensure you are getting a proper warranty and customer service, they would have to be purchased directly through our site. Come Jan/Feb of next year, all RetroMini listings on eBay, Amazon, and other knockoff resellers websites will be taken down due to Trademark Infringement. Get your cheap units now while you still can!

If you need a person to test let me know ;)

Nootboot64

« Reply #404 on: September 15, 2018, 06:49:29 pm »
I am very disappointed because i rushed to buy the Retromini instead of the RS-97, and it seems to be taking a very long time to hack. I hadn't heard of the RS-97 yet when I had money...

x3angel

« Reply #405 on: September 16, 2018, 07:58:08 am »
i think im gonna give up on this system and get the rs-97
i love this model POKEMON RUBY LIMITED EDITION

heres the link if anyone is interested its $80 on sale right now
https://funnyplaying.com/collections/super-nintendo/products/retrogame-rs-97-k101-pro-game-handheld-pokemon-ruby-limited-edition
Thank u! Just ordered mine!!!

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

watchgintama

« Reply #406 on: September 30, 2018, 02:52:54 am »
Pretty disappointed with the emulation on this device wondering if I can replace the motherboard with a pi zero or something.   Or may end up getting a backlit GBA on ebay or RS97.

I mainly just want to play pokemon GBA and fire emblem
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 02:54:30 am by watchgintama »

Cralex

« Reply #407 on: September 30, 2018, 04:40:09 am »
Pretty disappointed with the emulation on this device wondering if I can replace the motherboard with a pi zero or something.   Or may end up getting a backlit GBA on ebay or RS97.

I mainly just want to play pokemon GBA and fire emblem

You could certainly try putting a Pi Zero in the shell. I haven't heard of a kit or anything like that for you to use, but there might be something like that out there.

The RS-97 seems to do very well with GBA emulation, once CFW is installed. One thing to note is that some newer units, labeled 1.0S under the battery cover, have incompatibilities with CFW that haven't been fixed just yet. (The preferred GBA emulator, regba, doesn't run, which leaves you with gpsp.) Also, the RTC stops when the unit is powered down.

Marcy393

« Reply #408 on: October 09, 2018, 01:35:50 am »
Hi, guys!
I found a way to use full-screen NES roms on the RS-90.
You have to convert NES ROMS with EZ CLIENT 3.25.

In addition, this program also converts Turbografx-16 and GB roms (no fullscreen).

I found a Flashcard Gba OS that support GBC\GB Emulation (http://krikzz.com/pub/support/everdrive-gba/OS/) , but you have to adapt it to the rs-90.

Pogoshell run on our Retromini RS-90?

Rs-90 is the best.
The real gameboy only has two keys!! ;) ;) ;) NBD!

Marcy393

« Reply #409 on: October 09, 2018, 12:23:44 pm »
Hi guys, I found a way to play GBC roms on our RS-90 more smoothly.

I converted GBC rom into a GBC multirom with GBC-X-TOOL (an old GBC flash card software).

Later I converted gbc Multirom into gba with EZ Flash 3.25.
The emulation is faster and less troublesome than the crap of goomba color.

lemmywinks

« Reply #410 on: October 12, 2018, 05:26:40 pm »
My RS-90 has died  :'(  Was playing some SMS and it hung, now when I switch it on I get a black screen, power and charge light are functional. Tried it with a spare battery and I get the same result. Crazy busy tonight so will have to open it up when I get chance.

Oh well, it's a disposable little thing and if it is dead I can steal the dpad for my RS-97 without feeling guilty.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, Pap KIII-Plus, RS-97, RS-90, New Bittboy, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go,
PC:
Psion 5 & 5MX

Saint434

« Reply #411 on: October 12, 2018, 11:15:30 pm »
Mine does that sometimes. Try taking out the battery, putting it back in and playing with the angle a bit. Also you can try playing with the volume wheel when you are powering it up. I do not know why doing these two things helps when mine has the light on but a black screen but for some reason it does. It most likely is happenstance that this works but if you do open it and find the main problem please do post here and let us know.

lemmywinks

« Reply #412 on: October 13, 2018, 01:54:34 am »
Mine does that sometimes. Try taking out the battery, putting it back in and playing with the angle a bit. Also you can try playing with the volume wheel when you are powering it up. I do not know why doing these two things helps when mine has the light on but a black screen but for some reason it does. It most likely is happenstance that this works but if you do open it and find the main problem please do post here and let us know.

Well I got in after tonight's gig and read your post, turned it on and it's alive again! Will open it up and reseat everything tomorrow and give it a clean. Tbh my RS-90 has a hard life than most as it lives in my work bag, even though there is a little pocket that it fits perfectly into and I always keep it in a padded case I guess it gets banged around a bit. Glad it's still functioning though as it's such a handy little thing.
Handhelds:
PC:
Psion 5 & 5MX

Saint434

« Reply #413 on: October 13, 2018, 04:12:00 am »
Congrats on it being alive. It really is a cool device. I love its size, its a cheap alternative to a gb micro and its frame rate is not too bad. Hopefully they make a new one with a little better hardware and software. I take this thing everywhere and that's saying something with all the handhelds I have for emulation. 

v47

« Reply #414 on: October 13, 2018, 08:57:26 am »
Can someone confirm this is legit? I wouldn't mind better GB and GBC emulation.

I found a way to use full-screen NES roms on the RS-90.
You have to convert NES ROMS with EZ CLIENT 3.25.

In addition, this program also converts Turbografx-16 and GB roms (no fullscreen).
I converted GBC rom into a GBC multirom with GBC-X-TOOL (an old GBC flash card software).

Later I converted gbc Multirom into gba with EZ Flash 3.25.
The emulation is faster and less troublesome than the crap of goomba color.

Marcy393

« Reply #415 on: October 13, 2018, 04:44:39 pm »
Try bro! It's true what i say!

Can someone confirm this is legit? I wouldn't mind better GB and GBC emulation.

ace9094

« Reply #416 on: October 13, 2018, 07:31:30 pm »

Hey Marcy,

Thanks, I will try converting them... I found EZ CLIENT 3.25 pretty easy, but I am struggling to find a "clean / safe" download for GBC-X-TOOL.

Could you please upload it Mega.co.nz ? (you will need to register a free account)

No worries I found it :)

Thanks
ace
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 07:51:56 pm by ace9094 »
Dingoo x2, GCW0, RS-97 x2, Revo-K101, RS-90, PSP, PSP Go, GameGadget, New 3DS 128GB, PS Vita 200GB RS-45, Gamebox Advance and a few other obscure devices

v47

« Reply #417 on: October 14, 2018, 10:07:15 am »
Ok, safe and up to date links, anyone? And full instructions, thanks.

Great Crippler

« Reply #418 on: November 06, 2018, 06:00:02 am »
Nothing like Bumping a thread that seems to have died. I just got this unit. (Late to the party I know, but for $25, I figured what the heck.) I know everyone has been focused on getting Dingux going which seems to be a losing proposition without a lot more work. I am honestly curious if there is any way to get some more of the community made Dingoo A320 Native software working? It seems those needed to be in either ".sim" or ".app" format. For the life of me though I can't make them run on this little thing. If anyone had any advice on to maybe get any of that going, I would love to hear.

davidgilmour

« Reply #419 on: November 21, 2018, 08:40:18 pm »
Nothing like Bumping a thread that seems to have died. I just got this unit. (Late to the party I know, but for $25, I figured what the heck.) I know everyone has been focused on getting Dingux going which seems to be a losing proposition without a lot more work. I am honestly curious if there is any way to get some more of the community made Dingoo A320 Native software working? It seems those needed to be in either ".sim" or ".app" format. For the life of me though I can't make them run on this little thing. If anyone had any advice on to maybe get any of that going, I would love to hear.

This machine is unhackable. It has the best copy protection ever, from now on, Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft will use this copy protection on their new machines to have 100% protection.

Chinese programmer from the country versus ?best hackers in the world? 1-0 knockout!

Post a new topic
Post a new topic