Author Topic: Retro mini RS-90 gba micro handheld  (Read 58928 times)

DeadiyReddit

Re: New Retro mini: gba micro handheld
« Reply #300 on: June 12, 2018, 08:22:28 pm »
I notice that the Retromini price is creeping up and up. Especially with companies like Mars jumping on the bandwagon. A Retromini for more money than an RS-97? Really?!

Well, it has the perfect build quality/ price ratio, when hacked and if able to atleast run gba games at full speed it will be a really cool gadget to have.

P.S: i cant seem to be able to properly install its drivers which is a shame cuz i would like to make my own dump. PLS help

A reliable source told me that this thing is unhackable. I hear that Sony , Microsoft and Nintendo are starting a bidding war to buy the people from the retromini company because they are the best programmers ever, better than all the hackers in the world. They will use their unhackable firmware in the XBOX two, the PS5 and the Switch 2!

Reliable means sh*** if you can say which source is it.

akaVanguard

« Reply #301 on: June 12, 2018, 10:54:07 pm »
He was very obviously joking.

davidgilmour

« Reply #302 on: June 13, 2018, 11:29:26 am »
I notice that the Retromini price is creeping up and up. Especially with companies like Mars jumping on the bandwagon. A Retromini for more money than an RS-97? Really?!

Well, it has the perfect build quality/ price ratio, when hacked and if able to atleast run gba games at full speed it will be a really cool gadget to have.

P.S: i cant seem to be able to properly install its drivers which is a shame cuz i would like to make my own dump. PLS help

A reliable source told me that this thing is unhackable. I hear that Sony , Microsoft and Nintendo are starting a bidding war to buy the people from the retromini company because they are the best programmers ever, better than all the hackers in the world. They will use their unhackable firmware in the XBOX two, the PS5 and the Switch 2!

Reliable means sh*** if you can say which source is it.

Sorry, my information is classified!

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #303 on: June 13, 2018, 11:39:47 am »
Press B when you power it ON, it boots to USB debug mode.
Then you can load programs to the RAM and boot them.
I wouldn't call that "unhackable" :)

bamboori

« Reply #304 on: June 13, 2018, 08:10:02 pm »
that doesnt seem to work on all devices though (not mine for example)

davidgilmour

« Reply #305 on: June 14, 2018, 08:27:39 am »
Press B when you power it ON, it boots to USB debug mode.
Then you can load programs to the RAM and boot them.
I wouldn't call that "unhackable" :)

Great, can you write a dingoo unix file we can load so we can have a perfect gba emu?

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #306 on: June 14, 2018, 01:50:11 pm »
Great, can you write a dingoo unix file we can load so we can have a perfect gba emu?

Sure, give me ten grands and I'll do it :)

davidgilmour

« Reply #308 on: June 15, 2018, 08:05:46 am »

Agreed, as soon as you have written it and I have installed it on my retromini I will paypal you the money. Promised!

DeadiyReddit

« Reply #309 on: June 15, 2018, 10:07:06 pm »

Agreed, as soon as you have written it and I have installed it on my retromini I will paypal you the money. Promised!
A bit entitled don?t you think? Hacking takes time.

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #310 on: June 19, 2018, 01:05:10 pm »
that doesnt seem to work on all devices though (not mine for example)
Apparently it only works if you have no SD card plugged in.

ace9094

• Coinopsproject: Something for Everyone
« Reply #311 on: June 24, 2018, 09:57:59 pm »
Well to be honest, I think its a shocking device... But then I think about any device that I cant mod in anyway hahaha... Hopefuly someone will do something with it soon  8)
Emulation of the past is the way of the future...
CoinOPS 6: Emulation without the hassle

Dingoo The Best Handheld in the world - Why....  Because it actually fits in your pocket

v47

« Reply #313 on: July 01, 2018, 10:19:37 am »
a Hynix with Japanese games and no access to the internal storage
I have a 40 english games white transparent model with hynix memory, the internal storage is accessible.

So.. is there a chance for a custom firmware for the RS-90 in the foreseeable future? I mean, is there some technical problem that is completely preventing this, or is there something else?

davidgilmour

« Reply #314 on: July 01, 2018, 10:23:41 am »
a Hynix with Japanese games and no access to the internal storage
I have a 40 english games white transparent model with hynix memory, the internal storage is accessible.

So.. is there a chance for a custom firmware for the RS-90 in the foreseeable future? I mean, is there some technical problem that is completely preventing this, or is there something else?

No, this thing will never be hacked, it is so technically advanced protected that the best hackers of the world are not able to hack it. Too bad, but some chinese programmers that make $300 a month working in a chinese factory are smarter than all the hackers on the forums!

Post a new topic