Author Topic: Retro mini RS-90 gba micro handheld  (Read 70160 times)

Verdugo (OP)

Re: New Retro mini: gba micro handheld
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2017, 12:34:09 pm »
Do GBA games have Frameskip enabled or do they run without?

gibberish

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2017, 12:47:02 pm »
$32 on FT today, free shipping.

retzone

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2017, 01:28:39 pm »
No adjustments were made to any of the games apart from the GB + GBC games being patches to GBA format.

gibberish

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 02:20:25 pm »
No adjustments were made to any of the games apart from the GB + GBC games being patches to GBA format.

you say no adjustments were made, but is there an option for adjusting frameskip? and what is it set to by default?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 02:26:20 pm by gibberish »

Verdugo (OP)

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2017, 04:41:06 pm »
$32 on FT today, free shipping.

What is FT?

gibberish

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2017, 04:43:00 pm »
Sorry, it's fasttech.com

Beware: It says ships in 5 days so they don't have stock yet. may be longer than 5 days. FT is a great site for many things, but shipping on time isn't always one of them :)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 04:47:18 pm by gibberish »

Verdugo (OP)

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2017, 05:05:38 pm »
Thanks! Here's another youtube vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2k6myP-qtg . Not sure if I can see any frameskip.

jonothan

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2017, 05:13:18 am »
Just ordered from Fasttech.  We'll see what happens.  I've been looking for a Micro-class system to carry around but manufacturers have been avoiding that size class for whatever reason.  I'll update you guys if it ever comes in.

retzone

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2017, 05:10:31 pm »
Sorry, it's fasttech.com

Beware: It says ships in 5 days so they don't have stock yet. may be longer than 5 days. FT is a great site for many things, but shipping on time isn't always one of them :)

We deal direct with the factory. For a competitor to sell at that price with shipping (as it has a battery included shipping is not cheap) they are definitely making a loss. -So seems like they are doing it as a way to build up their e-mail list + obviously they are obviously hoping to sell a large quantity so they can minimize the costs. Anyway, buying elsewhere means you will not get product support.

you say no adjustments were made, but is there an option for adjusting frameskip? and what is it set to by default?

Within the actual console you mean? No. Only options within the console is for the saving slot feature. If you want to make changes to the ROM/s that would be something you would need to do yourself with software prior to loading it onto the console.

gibberish

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2017, 09:27:32 pm »

We deal direct with the factory. For a competitor to sell at that price with shipping (as it has a battery included shipping is not cheap) they are definitely making a loss. -So seems like they are doing it as a way to build up their e-mail list + obviously they are obviously hoping to sell a large quantity so they can minimize the costs. Anyway, buying elsewhere means you will not get product support.

you might deal with the factory direct, but you're not based in China, probably don't speak Mandarin, and you don't have the buying power that Fasttech does. they won't be making a loss on these, FT is a giant - they don't need the custom that a few dozen emulators will net them.

FT support is excellent btw. they refund return shipping costs on failed units, and occasionally don't even require you to return the product at all in order to get a full refund.

$75 is just greedy, either that or the factory is ripping you off.

jonothan

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2017, 01:53:10 am »
I was gonna say something about that too.  There are multiple sellers on eBay and Amazon who have it for $50 which is still $25 less than your price.  I appreciate the info you've contributed to this topic, but the Fasttech price makes the support argument a non-issue...especially when you could outright buy 2 units from them at the same price as 1 unit at your price.  It probably would've been better to just not bring it up or draw attention to it.

lemmywinks

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2017, 12:36:23 pm »
Retzone, I take it the "special software which only we provide" that patches gb/gbc roms to gba is just goomba or something, software which anyone can download and use? Nothing special and provided for free by it's authors. I also used a converter for sms roms back in the days of GBA flashcarts, can't remember what that one was called though.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, Pap KIII-Plus, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go
PC:
HP Envy M6
Acer 522
Psion 5 & 5MX

jonothan

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2017, 02:46:18 pm »
Well, Fasttech emailed me last night saying my order shipped.

Did anyone else order one of these?  I'm actually looking at some of the adapters I have wondering if I'll be able to hack a bluetooth audio transmitter into it.  That would be pretty sweet.

_brandNEWdays

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2017, 03:49:26 pm »
Well, Fasttech emailed me last night saying my order shipped.

Did anyone else order one of these?  I'm actually looking at some of the adapters I have wondering if I'll be able to hack a bluetooth audio transmitter into it.  That would be pretty sweet.
I bought one too a few hours ago, sadly I live in Chile and it's going to take 1-2 months to arrive.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

dfq23

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2017, 01:08:20 pm »
My one from Datafrog on Aliexpress arrived today. Looks pretty good so far.  Came with a 8gb micro SD card too with a load of games on.

Not had chance to give it a proper go over yet as at work but looks decent for the money.

_brandNEWdays

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2017, 04:55:54 pm »
would you upload the sd card contents? mine from fasttech is not included and I would like to see what files does it include (besides the roms) maybe it has some sfc/gbc games converted already

gibberish

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2017, 05:13:27 pm »
mine was shipped from FT this morning too. i was beginning to worry they'd listed them at the wrong price and wouldn't honour the purchases, but it seems not. :)

seems like a lot of redditors in /r/gameboy jumped on it as well.

i'm really looking forward to getting it, it'll be just in time for a plane journey too.

jonothan

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2017, 05:57:20 pm »
I'll definitely be interested to see whether my version from Fasttech comes with the 8 GB card.  I need to go back and see how large my GBA fullset is with the fan translations included.

juanfrita2

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2017, 06:14:05 pm »
Hi guys, i read about miniretro, a kong feng color chasis with z4725B the same socs as PDC consoles, mi2, etc.. but that is true???. Miniretro emu fc, sfc, bin, and gba as pmp v has a best resolution.
the firts, socs inside is a pico32 intead of  MIPS z4725B either pico32 MZEF, MZDA or an arm m4 probably a family SAM SAMV7x or a $ plus. Ingenix z4725B is inside rs97 retro o a pap kIII, and the emulation  including cp1, NeoGeo, etc...

Best regards. 8)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 06:16:36 pm by juanfrita2 »

bamboori

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2017, 11:39:11 pm »
I bit the bullet and ordered one as well from FT :D I don't actually need it (got all I need on my 2DS), but it's been soooo long since I bought a china handheld for my collection haha!