Author Topic: My IPK builds for RetroFW (RS-97)  (Read 8821 times)

gameblabla (OP)

Re: My IPK builds for RetroFW (RS-97)
« Reply #80 on: March 17, 2019, 10:58:28 pm »
Added port of Chocolate Doom based directly on Johnnny's flame port.
https://github.com/JohnnyonFlame/chocolate-doom

The newer versions have little to no improvements and actually run slower so this will do.

Grab the IPK in the first post.

chevette

« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2019, 12:29:22 am »
gameblabla - Thanks for Chocolate Doom (and all your releases). Quick question......do all installs to RetroFW have to be done using IPK files, or can they be installed the old fashioned way? I want to get Vice (Commodore 64) emulator working on RetroFW, but haven't had any luck trying to install the non IPK way. Thanks for all you do

HercTNT

« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2019, 01:40:41 am »
All work great. Strife, hexen, heretic, doom never looked or worked so good. Thank you.

adventureFAN

« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2019, 07:15:32 am »
gameblabla you are awsome!
My Handhelds: PSP Vita, PSP (1000), New 3DS, NDS lite, GB SP (without Backlight), LCL GameBoy (RPI3A+ inside), GPD XD (non-Plus) and a RS-97 with RetroFW 1.2 (3.0).

Favorite: LCL GameBoy

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2019, 11:36:12 am »
gameblabla - Thanks for Chocolate Doom (and all your releases). Quick question......do all installs to RetroFW have to be done using IPK files, or can they be installed the old fashioned way? I want to get Vice (Commodore 64) emulator working on RetroFW, but haven't had any luck trying to install the non IPK way. Thanks for all you do
Don't bother with Opendingux binaries, just wait for us to provide a build for it.
You can execute such binaries with Explorer but it's not guaranteed it will even run and will crash as soon as it encounters a float.

papapito

« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2019, 05:54:48 pm »
Gameblabla, what's the toolchain needed to create our own ipk's? What are the steps needed?
I've been wanting to port the wonderswan emulator for Tony's kernel.

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2019, 06:09:30 pm »
Gameblabla, what's the toolchain needed to create our own ipk's? What are the steps needed?
I've been wanting to port the wonderswan emulator for Tony's kernel.
Don't port Oswan for RetroFW yet, that's my emulator and it has issues with some games corrupting the menu.
I am working on revamping the menu as to avoid the leaking issues.
It also has other issues (including sound), so please don't port it.

eltehero

« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2019, 10:16:43 pm »

There is a GCW0 version of vice which qbertaddict uploaded back in 2014. I never used it when I had the handheld but it's supposed to be fullspeed. That may be a good version to port?

« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 06:26:37 am by eltehero »

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2019, 09:39:51 am »
Minor update to SMS Plus but Scale2x is faster now : Most games should run fullspeed with it turned on,
except for a few. (namely Sonic 1 FM)

I plan on doing a minor update to PCSX4ALL as well.

rigohoward

« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2019, 05:43:13 pm »
Hey gameblabla thank you for sharing and making a great job with this emulators!!

I was wondering if its possible to take in consideration RACE (neo geo pocket emulator):
https://github.com/TheFlav/race-dingoo

I can recall in the previous CFW i tested, the save state and game save wasnt working :P
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 05:45:06 pm by rigohoward »

cloudstr

« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2019, 06:11:58 pm »
Recently I stumbled across a Sega Master System / Game Gear emulator named "Gearsystem", the source code was released under the GPLv3 license: https://github.com/drhelius/Gearsystem

It does looks like a very good emulator with fully functional and some great features. Would it be a good idea to porting this to RS-97, RS-07?

Cheers

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2019, 06:54:53 pm »
Recently I stumbled across a Sega Master System / Game Gear emulator named "Gearsystem", the source code was released under the GPLv3 license: https://github.com/drhelius/Gearsystem
It does looks like a very good emulator with fully functional and some great features. Would it be a good idea to porting this to RS-97, RS-07?
Cheers
Why would i port a worse suitable emulator than my own SMS Plus GX ? I also strongly dislike the codebase.
I am aware of its existence and there is no point to it.
There's nothing that Gearsystem does that SMS Plus GX doesn't. In fact, it can't run games like Sonic's Edusoft unlike SMS Plus GX now.
(most emulators refused to fix this, i don't know why)

Though, it must be said that i sometimes i use it as reference (along with MEKA & Mednafen).
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 07:34:43 pm by gameblabla »

cloudstr

« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2019, 07:10:00 pm »
Woah, my bad :-[ Turn out it is a sucky one ..

riverinwoods

« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2019, 08:18:52 am »
Fudge.....tried installing updated sms, got the corrupt file problem again...so annoying i don?t think i?ll Try updating sms ever again...arrgghh

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2019, 07:54:06 pm »
Fudge.....tried installing updated sms, got the corrupt file problem again...so annoying i don?t think i?ll Try updating sms ever again...arrgghh
This issue shouldn't happen again ? I had found the cause for fix already... so you are either trying to use your old saves or you encounter the FAT32 corruption issue that's known upon improper shutdowns.

riverinwoods

« Reply #95 on: March 29, 2019, 02:44:41 am »
Nah don?t have any saves for sms, and have learnt to do reboots and proper shutdowns long time ago.... now what I did do was change the name of the corrupt file, that I can?t delete, which then allowed the ipk to install again (which I also deleted and downloaded again just in case).... it then set sms emu up this time. I tried setting pathways for roms and or
Previews but they wouldn?t save... I then turned off (properly) and powered back up and retried editing rom pathways and that saved, but for some reason the previews pathway will not save at all......
Feedback on the actual emulator though is ......great and best so far! Well done... games like summer games and California games were having issues before but now work quite well. I can never tell though if the ALF game is actually working or if it?s just really that bad.....lol.. thanks gameblabla, when there?s a major update i?ll Fix it proper, I am just so over redoing everything to fix minor things.....

cloudstr

« Reply #96 on: March 29, 2019, 08:14:28 am »
Does anyone occasionally gets crashes after loading state in SMS Plus GX, or it is just me? ???

I know this problem was recently fixed but somehow this is still happens very regularly for me, and yesterday I faced a corrupted .smsplus folder let to saving state broken. I removed the folder and now it works again, but something's definitely gone wrong here ...

lazanti

« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2019, 08:57:11 pm »
What happened to OpenJazz? :(

HercTNT

« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2019, 10:12:58 pm »
What happened to OpenJazz? :(

Hopefully eventually. If i can shamelessly beg i will be complete when they get c-dogs, sonic robo blast, openjazz, and wolf 3d i will die happy. i know they are hard at work and these things take time.

papapito

« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2019, 01:24:38 pm »
Thank you for the Oswan port!   :)

Post a new topic